Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Newbie need help - and lots of it BAlly E 2000 series
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie need help - and lots of it BAlly E 2000 series  (Read 5167 times)
dwpb66
« on: April 10, 2009, 12:17:40 AM »

I acquired 3 series E machines.  I was trying to get at least one of them going.  Here is what it happening:

model 2114-73 - checked 5 volts at power supply and have 5.08 volts.  The display had 50,000 on it, could get it to cycle through the tests, but couldn't get it to coin up.  Can you just trip the coin wire or do you need to send a coin through it? It doesn't have a comparator, just a coin mech.  The game is now showing 50,006.  I switched the 5101's around, it didn't matter.  Also - is the coin hopper led by the test switches supposed to be on?

Model E-2088-68 - the game displays a "0" when you turn the game on and wont' do anything.  I checked for 5 volts, and it was 4.8, so swapped power supplies, and it was 5.08 volts and no change.
Should this game have a sound board in it?

E2326-18 - was showing 50,000 on display.  I pulled all the boards and looked for cold solder joints, reseated some chips on the mpu, and now I get a garbled display.  The coin hopper board on this one was missing a triac or transistor, so I used the coin hopper out of the 2114 and still couldn't get it to do anything.  I could not get it to coin up before i had the garbled display.

Hope someone can help - I would like to get a couple of them going.  I do have experience fixing pinball machines, so I wasn't too scared about buying these.

Thanks

Dave
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:30:11 AM »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the site.  You'll find a lot of good info & good people here.

I was in your shoes just recently.  One thing you'll want to do if you haven't yet is go to our "Submit a New File" section.  You'll find that someone was kind enough to share their copy of the Bally Series E manual.  You'll find some schematics, diagrams, etc. but not everything.

Your hopper transistor is exactly as you suspected - a triac.  Mine was a MAC-15 and easy to find at a good parts store.

Your garbled display might be fixed by removing the ribbon cables which feeds it and cleaning the male pins gently with a penile eraser.

In the test mode I was able to just trip the coin-in switch with my finger and get it to register with the door open.  You can also test the coin-in switch during the "input test" routine.  You'll also find the other test routine in their.  You can put the machine through its paces and test the coin switch, the hopper, etc.  Again, you can't test everything though.

Your 50 006 sounds like one of the "automatic power up tests" .  Its a memory failure.  I cant say what to do about it though, sorry. 

One tip that I missed was : when you clear a problem, the door open code of "50 000" will remain displayed UNTIL you run a coin through it AND pull the handle successfully.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.  

Its Always Something...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:33:15 AM »

Great answer, MarkinAZ! applause

I don't know who has a "penile eraser" though.... Tongue Out
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 01:36:10 AM »

Obviously I do!   Tongue Out Tongue Out

Its Always Something...
dwpb66
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Mark.  I do have that manual you gave me the link to.  I didn't pull the handle after coining up - so I will do that tonight.  I am hoping it doesn't take too much to get these going. 

Dave
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 06:15:05 PM »

the 006 indicates a voltage issue - did you check the other voltages on the PS?  needs to be 5 7.5 and 10vdc  - check the vdc on the MPU and the IO.  are you getting 50v action on the reel mech and handle relay doing the 2 test?

the 0 indicates problems with the mpu - check the 5101s  - volt regs -  eproms.

recheck what you reseated - you may have bent a pin - also check the pins on the ribbon cables - the meter and the one that connects the mpu/IO

Thanks

Dave
[/quote]
dwpb66
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »

Thanks Barry - I'll check it out tonight.

Dave
dwpb66
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:22 AM »

Ok, messed around with the 2326-18 game tonight. I had the ribbon cable to the display off one, so I got the display working again.  I am not getting the voltages I need, the 5 was 5.08, the 7.5 was 7.04 and the 10 was 8.12.  I guess I will rebuild all 3 of them - and see if I can get the correct voltages.

the display on this game now reads 0_.0_._6.   

Do you sell working power supplies?

Thanks

dave

the 006 indicates a voltage issue - did you check the other voltages on the PS?  needs to be 5 7.5 and 10vdc  - check the vdc on the MPU and the IO.  are you getting 50v action on the reel mech and handle relay doing the 2 test?

recheck what you reseated - you may have bent a pin - also check the pins on the ribbon cables - the meter and the one that connects the mpu/IO

Thanks

Dave
[/quote]
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 02:03:12 AM »

I don't know who has a "penile eraser" though.... Tongue Out

I knew a girl that did...  Cactus Cactus Cactus arrow Tongue Out rotflmao

Thanks,
Bill
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 07:07:42 AM »

power is within range - not the power supply  - check the voltages on the mpu board at the volt regulators.  10vdc in - 5vdc out

Thanks

Dave
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.