Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Looking for help tokenizing a Bally 5500
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for help tokenizing a Bally 5500  (Read 1814 times)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« on: April 15, 2009, 07:49:15 AM »

hi

i hope don't bother you.
you seem to know very well the bally, so i have a question if you can help me.

i would like to tokenize my bally 5500 ( when i put a token i want 2 credit)
JW3=10
JW7 (market code)=try every posibility

anytime the option 22 don't appear after a saferam clear
do i need main eprom newer version?

it would be nice if you can help me with this.

have a nice day

david.

Hi Calderon,

I am posting my reply publicly to help members who might be interested in this topic now or in the future, and to give other members a chance to help you find the mains that you need.

Yes, you will need a set of newer mains that supports tokenization. I have never done this, so I don't know which mains you should buy, but I have the 920000 mains (1995) and they don't appear to have this option. You might want to contact one of our vendors listed in the banners or post a WTB in the classified section for tokenizable Mains for the 5500, or perhaps another member will post here with the correct version. propeller

It sounds like you are doing everything else correctly.

Tokenization for the 5500 is primitive: you can only have each coin be worth $1.00, so you are correct that by setting JW3=10 ($0.50) you will get 2 credits per coin. The switch settings only take effect immediately after a SafeRAM clear, which you are apparently doing. As you probably know, they are read once and not again until the next clear, so just switching them won't make any difference.

According to the manual, you will need to go into the setup options group (press the test button 11 times) and change two settings. The first option that you will see when you let go of the test button is option 27. You will need to set this to 0003 (EuroCredit). You can then page backwards through the setup options using the Bet One button until you get to option 22 (tokenization), which will be near the end of the menu if it appears at all. Set this to 0001 (on).

One thing that you might try is setting option 27 to 0003 first, then saving and exiting the menu and re-entering to check and see if option 22 shows up. It doesn't on mine, but if you have newer mains than I have you might give that a try.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:10:47 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
calderon
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »

thanks a lot for your time

i've done evrything you said with mi main version i have, but i didn't try to put 27 to 0003 save and exiting the menu and re-entering to check and see if option 22 shows up. i'm gonna try and let you know if it's work.
i'm gonna take a look for contact some vendors also.

have a nice day, hope to find the solution soon applause

wave

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:43:28 PM »

Hey guys, does anyone know which mains support tokenization?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.