Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally reel control boards
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally reel control boards  (Read 2649 times)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »

I have some Bally reel control boards ( AS-3356-92 ) from the 5500's
Does anyone have any experience with board level repairs on these?
What usually takes a dump on them?
I have a schematic for the board and the caps and resistors check good with a meter.
Any help would be appreciated.

Robert K

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Neonkiss

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »

Just a quick up date.

I got one of my boards working. I had three spares and all of them did the same thing. When you start the reel test in the machine (test 5) they just spin until it times out. Then it goes into the second part of the test where it advances a full spin plus one position. They worked good on the second part of the test.

This is what I have found out. The first test it is looking for the zero stop position. This is the optic that usually always fails. I believe that is because it is the one closest to the center of the shaft and get the most heat from the stepper motor. The second part of that test the machine is looking for each of the stops. It would pass that test so that optic was good.
I have now changed out one of the inner optics with one of my other good outer one and the reel board works good.  applause
I have a schematic for the board and it shows a Bally part number of the optics as E-00620-0621

I would like to buy some of these slotted optic sensors but I have hit a dead end. I called Newark Electronics and they have not been able to  cross reference Bally's number to a vendor number. (On other parts they have been able to do this for me)

So here's what I'm asking from you Bally 5500's guys out their.
Does anyone have a vendor cross referance number for these slotted optics?  Or
Does anyone know what the specifications for those optics are?   

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »

Robert   the one I have has a part number S-520-A  Mexico 9507

I tried to cross it but came up blank,  if you goggle infrared detectors S-520-A  it takes you to stevensengenering site and it gives the specs. there.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:03:21 AM »

All those slotted sensors are pretty much standardized with similar electrical characteristics, so you don't need the exact same part number. If you pick one the same physical size with the same number of pins (some IR detectors have two, some have three) it will almost certainly work.
Neonkiss

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »

Robert   the one I have has a part number S-520-A  Mexico 9507

I tried to cross it but came up blank,  if you goggle infrared detectors S-520-A  it takes you to stevensengenering site and it gives the specs. there.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Hail applause
That will help a bunch  K+ for finding that site.

All those slotted sensors are pretty much standardized with similar electrical characteristics, so you don't need the exact same part number. If you pick one the same physical size with the same number of pins (some IR detectors have two, some have three) it will almost certainly work.

Op-Bell Thanks for the info. That was going to be my last resort. I mean what can really go that wrong?
If I swap one of them out and when I put power to it I might loose a little of that magic smoke they put inside.  Burning Resistor
Seriously though, I was looking for some that have the Anode, Cathode, Collector and the Emitter in the correct order.
Since it's surface mounted to the PCB you can't just wire them in properly.
Thanks for all the help. Once I get this one figured out I should be able to make repairs to the boards if any of our members need this done.
So far out of four inoperable boards that I have all of them have a faulty inner switch.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:43:26 AM by Neonkiss » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.