Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:49:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  bally proslot 6000 error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally proslot 6000 error  (Read 7340 times)
legendary
« on: May 24, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »

Hello new here just picked up a couple of bally 6000s and they all have error code 88FF critical error i have the ram clear chips and have tried them but can not get any thing to come up when pressing buttons to clear. any help would be great would like to get them up and running. Also can some one give me the right step by step to clear ram using the chips.Also what does the U55 chip do  thanks Steve Scratch Head
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:36:28 PM by legendary » Logged
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 04:16:49 AM »

The ram clear chips you want to use are the U28 and the U43, remove the game chips in these slots and install the clear chips, power up the game while holding the pseudo coin and test buttons on the front of the MPU board. when the message CH C displays in the win paid, release the pseudo coin and test buttons, the CH C message is followed by CL C, after this message, power the machine down, remove the ram clear chips and install the original chips and power the game back up. Manual says that if this does not correct the problem, replace the MPU board.

Hope this helps
Sid
rocky mountain slots
Rocky Mountain Slots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 280

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

check your batt voltage

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »

First off, check for bent pins at the two main board connectors that connect to the backplane when the main board is inserted.  If you have incorrectly inserted your saferam chips (U28 and U43), then you will need new ones.  as for the U55, it isn't normally populated (stuffed), and the schematic shows it as a bus controller, I wouldn't worry about this one.

here is a partial saferam clear video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJ-yRz4AnYc&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/fJ-yRz4AnYc&rel=0</a>

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
JOHN42355
Rudys Gaming And Electronics LLC.
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 168

RudysDeals.com Gaming and Electronic Parts

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:33:41 PM »

WAYNE ! WHAT A SUPER CLEAR DEMO> 2 THUMBS UP .....  JOHN

Discount Gaming Supplies And Free Manual Downloads At RudysDeals.com
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 11:21:14 PM »

Nice Job  applause applause applause .....  can you do one on coin comparitors.   

AKA ::  Slide To Replace Coin   arrow arrow arrow arrow

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 11:34:23 PM »

Nice Job  applause applause applause .....  can you do one on coin comparitors.   

AKA ::  Slide To Replace Coin   arrow arrow arrow arrow

Cry Laughing
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPX5lWxj9RE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/gPX5lWxj9RE&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:57:12 PM by r273 » Logged
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »

Somebody beat me to it.  I do plan on doing som other instructional videos, but not until after christmas when things slow down, unless I get a slow spell before.

Joey,
   Now you know what I look like, see you soon.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
badbaud

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 02:39:36 AM »

Make sure your battery voltage is good. Also one trick I learned was to disconnect the battery voltage from the RAM chips (jumper near battery) for about a minute, then reconnect battery and do a clear using the clear chips. I do a clear on a tester but when the board is put into a machine the RAM must be cleared again with the board inside the machine or the board won't work. After a clear the first thing that comes up on the display will be an opportunity to set the date and time. I think you press the change button to skip this step and get to the door open - ready for play mode. If you mess with the DIP switches after a clear you must clear again.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 04:28:33 AM »

Joey,
   Now you know what I look like, see you soon.

Thanks,
Wayne
Now that's funny! That's exactly what I thought when I watched the video three days ago!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Badbaud, thanks for posting.  applause  I gave you a K+ to help get you back on track.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.