Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E2000 troubles
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E2000 troubles  (Read 5686 times)
gjinc
« on: December 13, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »

I got a E-2353-4 that the reels spin slow, then above where you put in the coins it shows 50 0.0.0
any ideas what I can do???
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:05:23 PM »

the 50 000 is an door opened message - reel spinning slow - most likely is a lubrication issue - make sure nothing is rubbing against the reels when the door is closed - open the door - manually coin up (using the coin trip switch below the coin acceptor) and pull the handle - if the reels are still spinning slow - then lubricate all moving parts under the reels and some oil into each reel hub (on each reel there is a metal plate that looks like a saw blade -that plate is attched to a HUB - there is an oil hole - hard to find - that lubes the hub bearings that will make the reels spin.
gjinc
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 09:13:33 PM »

Thanks
With the door open the reels spin easy by hand.
I just tried to coin it up and now nothing ?????
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »

did you press the test/reset buttons on the hopper?  so the reels spin free when the door is open - then something on the door is rubbing the reels - check the ribbon cable from the meter which runs along the top flo. light - check the metal light shields on the door.  easy way to find what is rubbing - turn power off - spin the reels manually and slowly close the door to see what is rubbing.
gjinc
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »

With the door open I can free spin the wheels, they will go fast. It coins up every once in a while, when it does I pull the arm and the wheels spin slow with the door open.
Is the door switch on the cam on the lock mech???
I push the reset and hear a click, I press the test and I hear another click
I don't see any trouble with the ribbon cables
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:11:45 PM by gjinc » Logged
gjinc
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »

I'm guessing that the switch inputs go to a circuit card?
Anyone have a pinout or wiring schematic for this machine???
Thanks
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 05:28:43 PM »

i don't understand what you are doing - you say the reels are not spinning fast - that is a LUBRICATION ISSUE!!!  why are you looking at elsewhere?
gjinc
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:32:55 PM »

I am looking for why I am getting code 50 and why it will not coin up most of the time.
The switches ohm open and closed so I am guessing that it is not the switches
I will LUBRICATE the the reels, Thank You, But I don't think it is related to the code 50
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:25:49 PM by gjinc » Logged
gjinc
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »

So
Anybody got a wiring schematic???

I am looking for why I am getting code 50 and why it will not coin up most of the time.
The switches ohm open and closed so I am guessing that it is not the switches
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 04:51:24 PM »

50 000 - indicates DOOR WAS OPENED.  has nothing to do with the coining of the machine - when the coins don't reqister - do they go into the machine or drop back into the tray?
gjinc
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 05:19:22 PM »

I understand that these are 2 separate problems, just looking to pointed in a direction of what to do or try

Door open or door closed and locked, still displays 50 000
How do I "clear the code" then
coins go into the machine
if I open the door and flip the switch on the coin mech, some times it makes the sound as if it accepted the coin but shows no credits and you can not pull the arm
every once in a while ( 1 in 100), it does get a credit and you can pull the arm
hit reset and just a click, still 50 000 and no credits
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:30:28 PM by gjinc » Logged
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »

do a "2" test - press the right button the hopper - the win meter will show 2 on the left and 4 numbers on the right which will increment - this is the io test - each of the io will actuate - see if any of the relays activate (handle coil - the reel coils - etc) - if they don't you are not getting 50 volts which would be why the handle does not release.  check your 8amp fuse - check the delay relay - a sealed relay mounted near the hopprer plug.
 test the coin switch - if it works SOMETIMES - then most likely it is defective - hold the trip wire down and see if the machine tilts.
gjinc
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 03:31:09 PM »

OK I pressed the right button and the meter went to 00000
then nothing so now I will check out the fuse and voltages that you said to check.
Thanks
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »

when you press the buttons on the hopper nothing happens? you get all zeroes?   what if you press the left button then press the right button - what does the win meter show?
gjinc
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 04:49:06 PM »

Thank You
Ok when I press the left button I get 50 006 then it changes to 50 020
when I press the right button I get 00001
When checking the voltages and fuses I found that one of the bottom fuses had a bad cap
I fixed that and now I believe it is working. It is taking credits, the lights light up with how many coins I put in and the arm is released and spins the wheels
I also lubed the wheels and they spin faster than they did.
Once again THANK YOU

Another small question, the progressive lights on the top have never worked, is there a way to have it just display some numbers.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:37:41 PM by gjinc » Logged
litterbox99
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 10:14:29 PM »

The progressive display/digits will increment with successfull coin drops.  For every x number of coins the lower display will increment
by some denomination and the upper display will increment by some denomination as a factor of x.  As far as I know, there is no
documentation on how to set this (and the increment of x as it relates to coin drops)  On my machine I ran across this by chance.
Someday I want to try to figure out how I managed to do this and document it.  On my machine, the lower display increments by .01
for every 2 coins and the upper increments by every 3 coins.  When you get your machine accepting coins properly you will see as you
drop coins, the display will increment and switch back and forth from lower to upper as you drop coins.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.