Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  S5500 New User... Help Please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S5500 New User... Help Please  (Read 5447 times)
sarah
« on: December 15, 2009, 02:24:05 AM »

Just got a Bally S5500, It has been modified to work with no coins (prior to my purchase). now I keep getting an error 81, where do I order a new battery? or am I misreading the error?

Also, how do I get the 'Pull Bar' to work? any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sarah
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 03:31:53 AM »

Welcome aboard Sarah,
    You should state where you're located, there may be a supplier of batteries close to you.  The "pull" handle won't work until the battery has been changed and the error cleared.  If it wasn't working when the machine was running, then the solenoid that releases it may be either disconnected or toast.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »

I'm wondering who and what kind of modifications were done to this poor puppy? Scratch Head 3
Welcome to NLG Sarah! The Wave

If you post a couple of pictures of the inside of the machine so we can see what was done,
especially around the door area. Is there a hopper at all?
I'm sure we'll be able to help you a lot more if we see what you're talking about.!
Remember, the more you show us, the more we'll show you! yes
sarah
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »

I live in Tulare CA. 93274.

There is no hopper at all. Since I live in CA the law required that the money functions be removed from any machines housed in residental property.

I tried to upload pics, but it says they were too large to be downloaded as an attachment. I tried to upload them using 'submit a new file'.

If you give me your email I can email you pictures.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »

If you are using Windows XP, you can use Microsoft Picture Manager to "compress" the size of the photos and then upload them to the site. Also, how do you add credits to the machine if it won't accept coins or pay them out?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
sarah
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 05:47:06 PM »

I am told that it should work the same way, just no money in, no money out. 

I have some pictures uner submit new file, called 'slot photos'

I have looked all over online in my area  and cannot seem to find a repair man or someone who knows where I can get a new battery.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible for someone to download the S5500 Manual?

Thanks-
Sarah    Help
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 06:40:45 PM »

Hi Sarah,
It looks like someone knows their business and jumped a couple of pins on
your hopper plug I've encircled so that they fooled the MPU into thinking that there's a hopper plugged in.
There's all kinds of unusual wiring I've never seen before.
It would be great to see where that single orange wire is coming and going to exactly.
There's been a few modifications I've never seen on a Bally5500 before and
I'm sure there would be a lot of Bally5500 homeowners that would be
interested in knowing exactly how this is accomplished! yes
There are some topics of discussion on the Bally battery modification you'd like to use on your machine.
All you have to do is type in "Bally5500 battery" in the search box on NLG.
This battery mod has been documented several times though
I don't know how to actually do it yet because I've never tried.
I'm sure that if you do a search here on NLG for it, there will be links to exactly how to perform it!
Click on photos to enlarge them!>>>

* Sarahs_Bally5500_door.jpg (77.78 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 248 times.)

* Sarahs_ Jumped_Hopper_Plug.jpg (89.26 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 303 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »

Bunker    ( I quit using Mark, the Skipper was getting confused )        I have a bunch of these Tournament machines, the orange wire goes to a  display mounted on the top of the machine that shows the total of all wins. There is a reset switch above the jack pot switch ( I didn't have a key so moved the two wires down to the jack pot switch that isn't used in tournament mode ) I think there are 3 or 4 wires that plug onto the backplane board and all the rest is in the program menu. pretty boring game to play, with a 800 credit max win,  my wife won 12,000 credits in 15 minutes. If anyone wants to hook one up I can trace the wires out and post back,

Sarah  You can get a battery at radio shack, but it must be soldered to the MPU board, it's not a difficult task or I'm sure any TV repair shop or the Geek Squad at Best Buy can do this for you. Send me a email address via PM and I can supply you with instructions on reprogramming machine. Is your machine a Red, White, and Blue 7s?

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »

Did I hear someone call my name??? I am confused!!! arrow Crazy arrow Crazy arrow

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

He has started calling himself "the other Mark" when he communicates with me.  rotflmao

Mark arrow
aka CH CaptainHappy
aka CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
aka The Skipper CaptainHappy Worried
aka Captain waving flag
aka Cap'n  propeller
aka Gilligan's Boss  frying pan
aka That  muted muted muted muted muted
aka etc. ttth

wave BUZZ
 Cry Laughing

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 09:01:09 PM »

i had a couple of 5500 with jumpers in the hopper plug - wasn't sure what they were for but the machine did not have any of the tournament wiring you all are referring to.  would the jumpers just bypass the hopper check so the machine would not have a hopper error? 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »

It certainly looks like the black wire is placed in there to fool the MPU,
Like I said, this is kinda of a very unusual set up.
Somebody's doing this to Bally5500's...how they figured it out..I don't know.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:12:23 PM »

i had a couple of 5500 with jumpers in the hopper plug - wasn't sure what they were for but the machine did not have any of the tournament wiring you all are referring to.  would the jumpers just bypass the hopper check so the machine would not have a hopper error? 
Hi Barry, that would be referred to a hopper test plug and the machine would have an error without it or a hopper.  You can do the same by soldering two pairs of wires together.  see pic of this on an S6000.

* hopper bypass 1.jpg (550.27 KB, 2039x1480 - viewed 252 times.)

* hopper bypass 2.jpg (558.08 KB, 2220x1336 - viewed 273 times.)

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 12:37:30 AM »

Also there is a vendor on the internet (who shall remain nameless) who sells "Bally Freeplay machines" that add credits by pushing a button and cashout is just noise, no coins or hopper. But if you promise to only move it to a "legal" state, they will sell you the hopper, comparitor, and manual to convert it back to coin. I wonder if this is that?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 03:54:24 AM »

All I did to convert one to coins was add a coin head, hopper and coin compariator. went into program menu and took it off tournament mode.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.