Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000 Plus - fire and ice - problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 Plus - fire and ice - problems  (Read 5928 times)
jwpowell19
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

hi everyone this is my first slot so I am still not even sure if I am starting it up right. This is what i have been doing

plug in

open door

flip power switch

close door

turn key

I then get two errors that according to the sticker on the inside say "reel # illegal movement"..What would cause this ? dirty opto's ? Should i just clean them with some q-tips? I replaced battery, and checked all connections, and pressed all the IC's in tight. Thanks for your help everyone !

Also, I do not have a key for the right side of the cab, I have routed the switch onto the outside of the cab for now. to get out of game over mode do I turn the key so the switch is closed and stays closed ? or  is it meant to close, then open and stay open ?
jwpowell19
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:55:49 AM »

I keep getting error 47 and 51. I have removed all the reels and cleaned all the optos. I have got it to work twice where the reels spin and stop and it plays a full game. I am running test # "5" right now where it spins the reels and stops them as it would in a game and it seems to work fine. Any ideas ?
junkman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »

The 47 means the third reel got moved some how. To fix that just hit the reset button on the cpu board the bottom board in the rack.its the left button . Above the on and off switch in the machine once you do that the only error you should have is 51 which is the door is unlocked if you shut the door and lock it that should take care of that and it should take coins and play after that. Try that and let me know. If it don't clear you might have to do a ram clear. But if you do a clear you will have to put the game options back in.

Always remember when you leave the house keep your eye's open.
junkman

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »

And make sure you have a good battery. It will make it do crazy things if its dead

jwpowell19
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »

Hi Junkman thanks for the reply. I had to drill out the lock, but if i shut it and it latches that covers the opto so its the same to the machine as being locked ? have tried the reset button multiple times and still come back with the same errors. Also I have removed the mpu board and replaced it, does this cause the RAM to clear ?
junkman

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

What we have to do is get rid of the 47 first. Try this put the bottom board back in and leave it in. The I/O board at the top of the rack with the two cables hooked to them. With the power off pull the board out enough to break connection with the mother board leave ribbon cables hooked to board. Look on the inside of the door there is a red button in the middle of the door locate it about size of a dime. Once you find that. Were ready to go. Hold the red button in and turn the power switch on keep the red button pushed in while looking at the paid window on the front of the machine it should say. CH. And keep holding until it goes to CL. Once it does that its clear cut the machine off and push the I/O board back in and turn power back on and see if that cleared it. Let me know. 

jwpowell19
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »

Did everything as you described. got the CH, then CL. Still have error 45 and 51...Can reel 1 be swapped with reel 3 to see if the problem follows it ? Thanks for your help! I have 11 Bally s5000's and really need to learn the ins and outs of this system.
junkman

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 12:34:43 AM »

Have u replaced the battery everyone I have worked on I have had to replace it. Try this with machine on.the door open and make sure the slide lock bar is all the way down so it clears the lock switch.  Hold the white door switch in at the bottom of the machine and turn the reset switch on the side of the machine make sur u hold the white door button In these are very funny machines to work on I guess that's why I love them the challenge. Let me know what you find out. These machines eat battery s

jwpowell19
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 01:20:17 AM »

Yes I replaced the battery with 3.6v lithium, was not soldered the best because the lead broke off so I will be trying a diff battery tomorrow. also the MPU board had some corosion from the prior battery. Cleaned the MPU with baking soda paste, windex, and vinegar, overkill im sure but looks much better. I am waiting on the MPU to dry overnight.

Also, when the front bottom door is open all the way the flourescent light behind the lower glass is out, when it gets about half shut it blinks on. I cant see any switch for the light on the hinge or anything. Loose wires to light ? perhaps to other components ? that was my guess but wiggling the door wires I could not get the light to go off or on.

Hopefully some progress tomorrow. for now would like to know how the lower door light turns on and off ? Attached is picture of MPU corosion, are all my jumpers in the right place ?

note, tape on battery is because lead broke off, so tried soldering to the metal top of battery, did not want to hold so had tape holding it on there.
jwpowell19
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »

GREAT NEWS, cleaned up corosion with baking soda paste. put mpu back in and now the reel errors are gone. I can add credits with the pseudo button but when I run a token through the slot I get error 21 I think that basically is inappropriate coin. I also am still getting the door unlocked message so traced back the opto wires from the door latch. They were disconnected. If I plug them into J7 on the comparitor board the mpu goes crazy and basically resets itself over and over and over and over. If the game can still be played without hooking this up I am OK with that. However any ideas on why my comparitor is not working ? I have attached a pic incase i am overlooking something easy. Thanks ! John

note,,, been playing with it last twenty minutes and everything seems to be working great, except I have no lights on the push buttons on front panel and still get the random door open or door hinge error.

Thanks for everyones help, ive got 11 more so this wont be the last time you hear from me (looks at junkman)

AnotherTech
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:19 AM »

The comparator will only work with the door shut.  You have to get the door optics fixed first.

I haven't worked on these in years, so I don't remember where the door optics plug in, but if you have 11 other machines, look at where they are plugged in on those. 

If the MPU still goes wild with them plugged into the right place, I would try one of the other MPUs, to see if that's the problem.

You have the best things you could have to troubleshoot the machine... more machines!   yes
jwpowell19
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »

Thanks, I am finially starting to figure out all these little idiosyncrasies about these machines. Everything is working now including the coin mech. Thanks ! 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.