Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 1099 reels won't stop spinning
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 1099 reels won't stop spinning  (Read 7428 times)
Tinker
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:56:27 PM »

Hi all,

I'm a newbie at both the forum and slot machine repair.  I recently picked up my second Bally and having some trouble....I ran the switch test everything checks out except the kick switch.  I don't think it's the switch because I swapped it out with my other machine that is working and it worked fine on that machine.....just not sure where to go from there.   If someone could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic!!!  Thanks.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »

Hello and  NLG Welcome ... Did you swap out both the kick and arm switches? Does the machine show an error code in the pay out window... The other thing is to check for a broken wire from those switches..

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Tinker
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »

Thank you......the arm switch seemed to function correctly during the test, I checked for loose wires, everything seemed ok,  I didn't get any error messages which is puzzling as well
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »

Thank you......the arm switch seemed to function correctly during the test, I checked for loose wires, everything seemed ok,  I didn't get any error messages which is puzzling as well

You say the arm switch is ok, but there are 2 switches, one kick and one arm.. Are they both good? The reason I'm asking since there is no code it points to those switches.. It's possible the the cam that operates them is out of adjustment, do you have a manual?

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »

One other question.. This is a Bally E-Series machine and not a Bally EM?

Gary

Tinker
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »

It is an E series machine....I think I may be posting in the wrong place but i'm not sure how to move it to the right place....sorry.  I do have a manual.  Both switches work, the adjustment on the cam appears correct as well.  I just checked the voltage coming into both switches...the arm switch was showing 50 vdc while the kick switch was only showing 1 vdc.  Could this be a clue to something?

Rick
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »

Well it sounds like your on the right track.. I would check the wiring at the reel reader control board, that's the small board inside just under the reels, and the wiring at the beauplugs on the back right of the reel assembly. I'm attaching a page from my manual on the switches. The arm switch is wired normally open and the kick switch is wired normally closed.. Hope this helps..

Gary

* kick and arm switches.jpg (771.74 KB, 1555x1119 - viewed 368 times.)

Tinker
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 01:45:11 PM »

Thank you for the pic and the advice....I'll give it a go and see if it turns up anything
Tinker
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »

Ok, back with some more info.....I checked the beau plug for the reel mech and I'm getting 5 volts at pin 15 which I think is for the arm switch and 1 volt for pin 16 which I think is the kick switch.   I also checked pin 1 on J3 of the I/O board and I get 5 volts which I think relates to the arm switch and I'm getting 1volt on pin 2 which I think is for the arm switch.  I'm not sure what this means if anything or where to go from here.....any ideas?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »

Well lets great back to basics... Have you checked the fuses and fuse holders? Next we should check the voltages at the power supply board, I've attached a pic. Sorry for the small writting, it's from left to right, 5v, 7.5v, Grd, 10v.. Next I would check all the plug connection at the I/O and MPU and make sure none of the plugs of pins have corrosion, even the ribbon cables

* power supply.JPG (369.51 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 288 times.)

Tinker
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »

Ok, thanks.....I will check all the pins and connections and the power supply as well.....I really appreciate your help.  I'm beginning to think I'm way in over my head....
Tinker
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »

I finally got around to checking all connections and the power supply......everything checked out.  As a last resort I pulled the I/O board out of my working Bally machine and tried it in this one and sure enough the reels indexed and everything worked......guess I should have tried that first!!!!

My next question is where can I find another I/O board....the numbers on the board are P-2948-303  AS-2980-5600.  I've bought a few things from foxslots on eBay such as a hopper board and a reel reader board.   I haven't seen any I/O boards though. 

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 01:17:30 AM »

I finally got around to checking all connections and the power supply......everything checked out.  As a last resort I pulled the I/O board out of my working Bally machine and tried it in this one and sure enough the reels indexed and everything worked......guess I should have tried that first!!!!

My next question is where can I find another I/O board....the numbers on the board are P-2948-303  AS-2980-5600.  I've bought a few things from foxslots on eBay such as a hopper board and a reel reader board.   I haven't seen any I/O boards though.

Foxsslots does repair I/O boards I believe, drop him and email. The I/O boards do show up on EBay every once and a while, just need to be lucky to catch the auction. Post a WTB ad in the classified section looking for a spare i/o you never know? I have 2 machines I'm getting ready to strip for parts soon, but I don't know the condition of the boards yet. It's been too cold to get in the garage to do the jobs... I would be willing to sell one once I get them apart...

Tinker
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »

Ok, thanks....I put a WTB in the classified section....once you take your machines apart I would be very interested in purchasing the board
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.