Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:41:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 2270 question
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 2270 question  (Read 10353 times)
toria
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:41:52 AM »

I bought a Bally 2270-35 -- 3 reel quarter machine from a neighbor who is moving away. 

It works, but the third reel won't light up or spin.  The first two reels work fine.

My neighbor said it needed a new "electronic eye" that I could buy on eBay for $15.  He said it would sense something and make the reel spin.

I looked on eBay and several other places.

I cannot find any part for the machine called an "electronic eye" or anything close to that name.

I have a few questions.

1.  Do you have an idea what the name of the part he refers to is?

2.  Do you know where I could get the part for a reasonable price?

3.  Do you agree that it is the part I need to make the third reel spin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Victoria
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »

Hi Victoria and  NLG Welcome

Quick question, you say the first two reels spin but the third doesn't at all? Do the first two continue to spin till they finally stop but don't lock in place? Sounds like you have a problem with the reel reader board. Do you have a number code showing in the front door win meter when this happens? If possible pleased post pictures, they are very helpful to us. I do carry parts or can repair yours in most cases.

Thanks Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
toria
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »

Hi Gary,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  I believe you are correct that it is a reel reader board.

The first two reels spin and stop normally, but the third reel doesn't work.

My adult son Justin, who comes over to help me out sometimes, talked to the neighbor again and he showed him which part it is.  It is a printed circuit board.  My son removed it from the machine and the reels are out, so I  could not take pics of codes to send you.

The neighbor also gave Justin the contact info for the guy on eBay he deals with for parts.  Neighbor said it could be repaired or replaced for $15.

Justin had been communicating with the guy on eBay, but when he asked him for an address to send the board to, the guy got weird and said he didn't trust giving his address out unless Justin bought a booklet or something first.

Justin told me about all this yesterday.  That's why I had not responded -- I thought Justin was taking care of it.

That seems like flakey behavior to me!

Anyway, if you think it is something you could fix or replace for a reasonable price, I would like to pursue it with you.

My funds are rather limited, as I am handicapped, on Social Security Disability.  The slot machine was only $75 and I bought it because neighbor said it could be fixed for $15.

I'm not expecting you to charge only $15 if that is not your price, but would like to keep in mind that my funds are very limited, so whatever your best price is....  I know you need to make your profit so it is worth your time to do it.

Thanks for your reply.

If there is a way for me to send you the board for repair, please let me know.

Best,

Victoria

Hi Victoria and 

Quick question, you say the first two reels spin but the third doesn't at all? Do the first two continue to spin till they finally stop but don't lock in place? Sounds like you have a problem with the reel reader board. Do you have a number code showing in the front door win meter when this happens? If possible pleased post pictures, they are very helpful to us. I do carry parts or can repair yours in most cases.

Thanks Gary
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

Hi Victoria. I have rebuilt parts in stock and would do one of two things. I can repair yours and send it back or do a trade for one that I  have already repaired. I will do it for the $15 plus return shipping cost. So your total would be $20-$22 depending on what the Post Office charges now a days. I gaurentte my parts to work. I take Paypal, money orders or even checks, but they need to clear the bank. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Gary

toria
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 08:40:34 PM »

I can do PayPal, if that is best for you.

I'll PM you my PayPal info.  Then you could generate a PayPal invoice for the $22.00 and send me your mailing address so I can send you the board for repair or replacement.

Best,

Victoria
toria
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:59:04 PM »

I paid via PayPal and mailed the defective reel reader board to you. 

Thanks for your help!
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 07:42:38 PM »

Thanks Victoria.. I will let you know when it arrives and is on its way back 2 you
Gary

toria
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 01:58:29 AM »

Got the card back quickly -- thanks!  Very fast and friendly service.  If I can figure out how to give you Karma points, I will.

My son installed the card and used your instructions.  But now we have another problem(s).

The machine shows TILT when we turn it on.

The handle won't pull.  (I assume it's because it's on TILT.)

Is there a way to reset it from the TILT?

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »

You should see two small red buttons/switches on your hoppers circuit board. One reads reset the other says test. Push lhe left one then the right one, you should hear your machines solenoids cycle and the tilt should clear. Do you have a manual for your slot machine? You can give a person karma by clicking on the green and red thumbs located in ones profile. If you don't have a manual, I think I have one downloaded I could send you.

Gary

You now have Karma...   wave

toria
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 02:28:48 AM »

Getting ready to follow your instructions.

I'll do Karma points for you in a few minutes.

No, I do not have a manual.  Would be grateful if you could email me a manual.

BTW - we checked to make sure it is level and it is level

Thanks  Gary, for your help...you're the best!

Victoria
toria
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 02:33:21 AM »

Gary, we followed your instructions and got the TILT to clear, but

the handle still won't pull.  Didn't want to force it.

Also, it is very iffy about accepting quarters.  It will accept about every other one.
toria
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 02:38:27 AM »

Gary, I went to your profile to give you Karma points, but didn't see any green and red thumbs.

I was on my iMac browser -- Safari, and didn't see the red and green thumbs, so I switched to Firefox, just in case Safari wasn't compatible with the site, but no red and green thumbs on your profile there, either.

Am I missing some step I should do to see the thumbs?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:49:53 AM by toria » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:39 AM »

I'll have to email you the manual tomorrow, it's on my desk top computer. The karma thumbs up (Green) & (Red) down can be seem on any posting like this one. They are on the left side of the post between your user name and picture. One thing you can do is check your machines fuses, located behind to hopper on the back wall. Your reader had a burnt mark on the trace caused by something grounding out on it. Wasn't big but could have taken out a fuse. That could by why the handle solenoid won't energize when coined up. Need a little more information on your coin problem.. Are to coins not being counted or jamming up? If jamming up where. Glad to help.

Gary

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »

You've Got Mail The Wave Ecstatic / Top Award

toria
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »

I got the mail -- THANK YOU!!

Will have my son check the fuses next time he comes over -- Friday, probably.  Are they standard fuses -- available at Lowes or Home Depot?

The coins go in, but don't drop to the spot where they will trigger the machine to say it accepted the coin.  About every other one will be accepted.  The others go to some little hopper.

I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see on this forum -- no thumbs anywhere.

Am I too new to the forum to have that feature?

* nlg-screenshot.jpg (134.91 KB, 900x1125 - viewed 322 times.)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »

That weird  Scratch Head they show up on my phone, and computers between karma storm and on or off line.. Maybe someone else can  Help figure that out for you.. Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with Safari your using? Radio shack or and electronics store would have fuses if you need them. The best way to check fuses is with an ohm / voltage meter. Now for your coin jams it could just be that the coin mech is dirty. Open it up and clean the inside where the coin slide through.

Gary

toria
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »

Thanks for the info.

I will let you know progress when my son comes back.

I tried viewing with Firefox also, and the screens looked the same -- no thumbs.

I wonder if the admins have new accounts set to not see the karma thumbs?
toria
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 09:49:57 PM »

Gary,

I just now was able to see the thumbs!  After my 10th post.

Anyhow, I just clicked on a green thumb by your name to give you karma points.

Best,

Victoria
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

Gary,

I just now was able to see the thumbs!  After my 10th post.

Anyhow, I just clicked on a green thumb by your name to give you karma points.

Best,

Victoria

Thanks.. I guess that answers both or questions. Keep me posted.
Gary

toria
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 03:03:37 AM »

My son came over tonight, along with his friend, who repairs computers.

He tested all the fuses he could see and they were fine.

He reseated some stuff and the handle works now.

The coin acceptor is still weird.  Sometimes accepts and sometimes it jams.

Another issue shows up now.

When it accepts coins, the handle works and the reels start to spin.

Reel one stops and locks in place, then reel two does the same.  But as soon as reel two locks in place, it TILTs. The third reel keeps spinning and will not lock.

The code in the window is 143 I think.  It displays a 1 and then a 43.

toria
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 03:06:32 AM »

It also TILTed once when no reels stopped or locked on place.

The error code then was 341 -- a 3 then a 41 in the window.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:15:38 AM by toria » Logged
toria
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:17 AM »

I had to edit the code on the post immediately above.  It was  3 followed by a 41.

It has tilted this way, with none of the reels locking a few times.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 04:32:37 AM »

Ok let's see what we can do.. The first number is how many coins played. The 41 code is for the first reel & 43 is for the third reel error. A 42,would have been the second reel..  There is a list of codes in the manual towards the back pages... A couple of things can cause the codes, usually they need to have the reel readers adjusted. The reel readers optics could be dirty. I take the out of the machine, remove the two Phillips screws holding them together. Once removed separate the two pieces, there will be two wires connecting both parts, just be careful. Then I like to use rubbing alcohol to clean everything, dry and reassemble the two halfs and put them back in the machine and adjust your gaps. Again thats in the manual, I think under section 5. One other thing that can cause the code is if the reels spin too slow. There are oil holes located on one side of the hubs of the reels where they spin of the shaft. A couple of drops of a light weight oil in those holes goes a long way, so don't use too much or you could make a mess. Try those thing a see what happens.

Gary

toria
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 04:55:15 AM »

Thanks, Gary.

Will try those things and let you know.

More karma points coming your way.
rainman
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »

Hi Gary,

Thanks!  was having the same trouble with my new 1080 nickel machine we discussed, I follows your "good advice" and clean the  reel readers optics, and that did the trick the machine is working now...no more "Tilt" and  last reel stop as it should  karma to you !
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:08:07 PM by rainman » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.