Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  E-1202 Questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-1202 Questions  (Read 3509 times)
cfunni
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: March 18, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »

I just purchased my first slot machines. Both are Bally series E  E-1202 and E-1246. The E1202 show signs of life so I am working on it first. I have two questions today. First, there is whats left of a microswitch hanging from the door. When I connect the two wires together, to close the switch, the tilt light comes on. If this was the tilt switch, I need to either replace it or override it. Is a tilt switch required and if so can someone help me find a replacement type switch. Second question is the door switch. after observing things I noticed the switch in the door(micro switch) is not closing when the door is locked. The cam on the door lock is hitting the switch and closing it momentary while the key is being turned to lock the door. When the key is turned all the way to lock the door the switch is not fully depressed. Should it be? Thanks in advance for any input.
Craig in Houston texas

Craig in Houston Texas
Bally E-1202
Bally E-1246
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »

Welcome!

I'll get the ball rolling for you. Can you get some pics posted of inside of your door?

The broken switch I believe is a coin detecting switch? There is no tilt switch. I believe you leave the wires open. Try it. That should clear the tilt.

The door lock cam switch can be removed and wires connected together. These switches do fail and cause issues.

Turn the power on and push the tiny red reset button on the left side on the hopper board. close the door and you should have 50 000 on the display.

If not , what is the numbers on the display?
cfunni

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »

Thanks tkrozleski,
I will post a picture tonight after I get back home. I played with it a bit last night and have gotten the following . Display shows  50 000. If I put it in test mode 2 and then close the door, I can enter coins and get a coin in registered. It only is registering one coin. I can then pull the handle. I get 5 spinning wheels. # 1,2 and 3 stop , but 4 and 5 spin free.   i then need to open door and reset all over again.  If I hit the reset and then close the door, I still have 50 000 but when I put in coins, I get lights flashing but the coins are not registered. Only if I put the machine in test mode 2 and then shut the door as explained. I plan to check the battery and reseat all the board connections.

Craig in Houston Texas
Bally E-1202
Bally E-1246
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »

Also take out the reel assembly and lubricate with WD-40 all the small rollers, linkage, etc. You will find there is two black oxide cross shafts in the reel linkage assembly. They have to spin freely by turning with your fingers in order for the linkage to work properly. The reels themselves need some lube at the bearings . This may rsolve your issues with this machine.
cfunni

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »

Here is a picture of the inside of the door on my E-1202 5 reel 3 line machine. The switch in the picture is whats left of a broken micro switch. It is between the coin box and the edge of the door. It has one orange/black wire   and two black wires to the other contact. It also has a capacitor and an MOV across the contacts. I am not sure where this switch belongs and if it is a NO or NC switch. Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance
Craig

* switch1.JPG (752.63 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 233 times.)

* switch2.JPG (467.16 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 212 times.)

Craig in Houston Texas
Bally E-1202
Bally E-1246
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »

The broken remains of that switch is found on the dollar machines from what I can see in the parts book. It mounts next too the electric door lock. There may be a empty switch mount mounted with the electric lock mounting screws? I do not have a dollar machine to look at.

I'm not sure what the switch is activated by, like coin return mechanism, electric door lock or something else?

I'm not sure what the broken switch function is. You can wire it together and turn it on and see if the machine throws a tilt and a code.

Hopefully the pro's will chime in here.

At this point I'm only keeping this to the top for you.
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 11:30:08 PM »

Found some more info. That broken switch is a coin return switch found on the dollar machines only.

I was unable to find it in the elec diagram. So i'm not sure if it's NC or NO.

Not much help at this point.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 12:42:31 AM »

The switch is N O.

* I-O Wiring.png (238.3 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 256 times.)

One step at a time.
cfunni

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »

Bingo, or should I say Jackpot.  Thanks guys. I looked at that drawing a dozen times, and never saw that switch. Ok so any idea what the coin return switch is required for. Better way to ask it. Should I just insulate the wires and just leave it open?

Craig in Houston Texas
Bally E-1202
Bally E-1246
cfunni

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 11:37:13 AM »

Ok she is breathing now, and has a heart beat. I made some progress last night on the 5 line machine. I was swapping readers around and also using some from a 3 line machine, and getting nowhere. I then built a test jig to test the reel readers. These are all 50v cards. I used a 50vac transformer to fire up the lamps( pins 14 and 16). I then dropped a 47k ohm resistor across pin 11 and pin 14. I then used a 5volt dc power supply( regulated wall adaptor) and connected the (-) to pin 14, and the (+) to each photo transistor, while measuring the voltage across the 47k ohm resistor. I was able to find 3 photo transistors bad on 3 different boards. After swapping some parts around, I now have 5 known good reel readers, and the machine is working great. Now time to start cleaning up the cabinet, and chrome. Thanks everyone for the help. The 3 reel machine is next.
Craig

Craig in Houston Texas
Bally E-1202
Bally E-1246
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.