Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5500 Coins Not Recognized
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5500 Coins Not Recognized  (Read 7181 times)
TSIM
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 19, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

I have a Bally 5500 and cannot get the coin comparitor to recognize the quarters.   I fixed the rake so that the coins fall through to the hopper, however they don't register as credits.  My husband checked the wiring harness against what you said worked for you and ours seems to be wired correctly.  My bill validator works and registers credits, and my hopper pays out as it should, just would like to play with coins as well as bills.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  I can send photos if that would help or any other information you need to help me trouble shoot.  I was wondering if there is something I need to do on the MPU board to make it recognize the coins???  By the way, I do have the coin acceptor switch up and my optics board yellow light is on and the test switch works when I test it....

Here are some photos to help me troubleshoot?

* slot1.gif (185.58 KB, 500x667 - viewed 209 times.)

* slot5.gif (163.32 KB, 600x450 - viewed 304 times.)
TSIM

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:16:57 PM »

Here are a couple more photos

* slot4.gif (273.75 KB, 800x600 - viewed 230 times.)

* slot3.gif (237.06 KB, 800x600 - viewed 258 times.)
TSIM

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:18:44 PM »

One last photo...

* slot.gif (243.28 KB, 800x600 - viewed 269 times.)
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 02:28:25 AM »

Turn the sensitivity pot all the way ccw - , then 1/8 turn cw. and see if that helps.

Maybe youll have to clean the coin optics ?
TSIM

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »

Thank you for your response.  I tried your suggestions - didn't work.  Anything else I can try?
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »

Does it coin up when you press the test switch on the optics board?

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
TSIM

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

Yes, when I push the test button on coin optics board it does coin up and allow me to spin.  Then, when I first put the coin comparitor in, and put a coin in, it makes the coin sound, but does not coin up, and when I add additional coins, they do not make any noise when they go through nor do they coin up.
Neonkiss

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »

It's hard for me to tell in the pictures, but is the sample coin in the compairator the same as the coin your inserting to coin up the machine?
Just checking that you don't have a token in the compairator and your using quarters. That won't work.

Neonkiss

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »

Oh, and from the pictures it looks like the coin switch is up in the on position on the MPU.
That should be correct, but just checking the position.

TSIM

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »

Its a quarter in the comparitor, and I'm using quarters, and yes coin switch is up.  I changed out the comparitor back to the original that I thought was bad, blocked the rake in the back and now its recognizing coins and telling me in the front that I put two coins in, but my credits are not increasing when I put them in, shouldn't I get two more credits on my credit meter? The credit do up when I put bills in.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 03:14:50 PM »

The credit meters will not increase when you drop the coins in, as it is waiting for the game to be played. Wins will go to credits, but not coins for a game in progress. Will it play as it should after you drop the coins?

On your last post, please clarify the last sentence. Did you mean "go up"?

TSIM

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »

Yes - I meant go up.  So then I guess its working as it should.  My machine is supposed to pay 5000 credits when the jackpot is hit.  But on the front of the machine, it says 1,000 will be paid by machine and the other 1,000 by attendant.  Can I program it to actually give the 5000 credits upon a jackpot?  Also are you able to play more than 2 credits at a time with a programming tweak?
CVslots

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 07:41:44 PM »

The number of credits/coins per play is determined by the program. You could probably find a 3 coin version of the game, but not sure if your glass would match?  Scratch Head

As far as how many coins machine will pay, and how many are paid by the machine, that can be changed. We may need some pics. If it's just a decal then that can be changed, an the amount the machine pays can be tweaked in the setup menu.

TSIM

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »

On the machine it says for cash out 1,000 coins paid by hopper and the 1,000 paid by attendant, however for the jackpot, it says 5,000 coins.  So can I program the machine to put 5,000 credits on it when the main jackpot is hit?  If yes, which option number is that?  I see several options that you can increase credits, but some are for tournament play and progressive play which I don't fully understand.  Thanks in advance for your advice.
CVslots

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »

We're going to need someone who is familiar with the menus to chime in. I don't know that the top prize can be increased without a change of EPROMs. The max jackpot is more than likely configured into the software.

Just because you received the machine with 5,000 printed on the glass does not mean it is running the correct program to pay that award. Glass is easily changed out, as are the EPROMs that make up the software of the game, and it would not be unheard of at all to have a mis-matched combo in a machine.

Have you removed the MPU yet? If not, power OFF the machine and remove the MPU. You will see the EPROMs with labels on them. Lt us know what the labels say and we will try to identify the software. Then we will know what Is, and what IS NOT possible.

Dennoman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »

I'm having the same issue on the same model of coins not registering when inserted.
Styx
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »

Have you tried any of the advice given in this thread? What does it do when you try that advice? The more info you can provide, the easier it will be on these guys to help you.

-Styx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.