Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  error 71.0.00 what's the real fix? Bally E-2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: error 71.0.00 what's the real fix? Bally E-2000  (Read 2197 times)
Bubalettow
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« on: August 31, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »

Alright my nlg friends, I got a question or two. I picked up a Bally E-2000 (at least I think it is) off of Craigslist from a retired vet who needed some cash and some freed up living room space and I am trying to fix it. You all should be proud of me yes, this thing is taking the place of a Japanese skill stop pachislot. Anyway, it displays the 71.0.00 code on the win meter and the word TILT is lit up.

Then the power is first turned on, for a split second 0 .  .  .  0 6 is displayed then 71 .0.00

When I push the reset button, momentarily the 71 .0.06. code is displayed then back to 71 .0.00

There is a switch inside to the right of the hopper (see picture) that when pressed causes different codes to be displayed. When pressed 82 .0.00 and 3 .0.00 about every two seconds.

What does the 71 .0.00 code mean? Some say it just means the door is open, others say the first reel sensor is out of adjustment…. What’s the real deal?

Secondly I am trying to do tests; many postings on the forum say do a #2 test or a #5 test… How does one do this? I push the test button and nothing happens no matter how many times I push it.

My machine has no candle stick, light tower, or whatever you call it on top nor does it have any external key switches other than the one to open the door. It does have a slight slant down to the back of the unit on top; does this make it a “slant top”?  Scratch Head 3

It came with the manual (but it isn’t helping me solve my problem) I did try adjusting the reel sensors, no luck. I can manually override the handle lock out and cause the reels to spin, but they don’t stop, they just keep spinning and spinning and spinning… Also I can flick the credit switch but no credits register, same if I drop in a real coin. No comparator in this one, just an imonex coin rejector. All 7 fuses (6 main fuses and the one on the hopper) seem to be good.

Help Please help me fix this; I spent long enough getting the behemoth (the thing’s got to weigh like 200lbs) into my house, now I’d like to get it to work.

Thank you,

* bally-1.jpg (29.65 KB, 547x729 - viewed 211 times.)

* bally-2.jpg (23.1 KB, 730x548 - viewed 240 times.)

-B                    IGT - Players Edge Draw Poker, Bally - E-2000 "7 7 7", Net - Dracula EX, Mizuho - Marine Battle, Aruze - Continental XXXX, Aristocrat - Baseball, Eleco - Rairai Gokuu, Sigma - "Super Action KENO"
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »

The switch next to the hopper is a jackpot/attendant reset.

Your door HINGE switch may be out of adjustment or not working. Check it with a meter. You can hear an audible click when you close the door if you listen closely while the power is off. If you get into a test mode and close the door and the display numbers change then the switch is working.

Check the switch by the door lock. The switch should be normally closed contacts when the door is closed which you may want to disconnect the two wires and tie them together to be sure.

When you do a test on the hopper board test button, example, test #5, press the test button 4 times and on the 5th time hold the test button for a few seconds longer and then release and the machine should go into test and display the codes relavent to that test, as indicated in the manual.

Reseat all your wire connections to ALL the boards in the machine.

Check your kick switches on the reel mechanism and make sure they are working and adjusted properly.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:57:12 AM by tkrozleski » Logged
Bubalettow
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:51:58 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I went through and checked all the plugs (including reseating the door switch and hinge switch), also pulled out the multi-meter and checked the switches and tested the battery. Also, a tip, to check the optical sensors, pull out your digital camera. Infrared light can be seen on a digital camera, and I was able to rule out the sensors as a problem. After doing such, I was able to get into the test mode. applause from there I was able to get a couple of different errors that pointed to the optical sensors needing adjustment. And finally, some select squirts of WD40 and my machine is alive again. I ran 600 tokens through it, even hit 7 7 7 once yes

What did I learn, well, you got to clear the errors before you can get into Test mode. Being in tilt prevents getting into test mode. And for me, it seems I had to make sure the reels were locked in before the errors would clear, and finally, it is not one, but both the hinge switch being closed AND the door switch being toggled that gets out of test mode.  Duh!

Thank you.  Clap
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:57:46 AM by Bubalettow » Logged

-B                    IGT - Players Edge Draw Poker, Bally - E-2000 "7 7 7", Net - Dracula EX, Mizuho - Marine Battle, Aruze - Continental XXXX, Aristocrat - Baseball, Eleco - Rairai Gokuu, Sigma - "Super Action KENO"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.