Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000 plus problem gets worse
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 plus problem gets worse  (Read 3233 times)
don0352
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 03, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »

Bought a 5000 plus off of CL for $450, and was told the machine was perfect except for the coin comparitor.
Had an error of "82," open door on power down (or something like that).  Tested the battery, put the board back in, and now ---
instead of just all the lights coming on and an error #, all the lights come on with the bell.  The battery had no voltage.
AND -- to make things worse, when I tried to turn the reset key on the side (the machine was closed), it did nothing.
so - I tried to open the main lock / door, and I couldn't open it, lifted on the door, etc. ---- and like an idiot, broke the key.
It was the only key for that lock.  I pulled the piece out.  I guess I'll take it to a locksmith, and see if he can make anything out of the 2 pieces...

Story told ---- Anyone have any advice on this?  I want to salvage this machine if at all possible.
Thanks... Silly Me!

* bally 5000 plus.jpg (841.8 KB, 1552x2592 - viewed 272 times.)
don0352

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

Does anyone know of a master key for the side, or the cheapest way to fix it, or drill it out and replace it, or am I just going deeper into the hole with this project...?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »

You can drill out the lock, and replacement can be bought for under $15.. As for your other problems I'm not 100% sure what it could be, but I do know that the Bally 5000 machines had power supply issues. Not a very popular machine and parts can be hard to find.. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the Bally 5000 will replay.. Good luck and  NLG Welcome

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
slot collector

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »

I have a couple of 5000 plus machines that I have been parting out that where missing few parts when I got them. If there is any parts you may need. Let me know. Send a picture because I am a more visual guy in my older years. Hope that helps. The two machines are Gold Rush and $.25 cent.
  Slot Collector
don0352

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

I'm just wondering, living here in Taos,NM, to get a locksmith to drill out a lock, and then replace it, and then I still have to fix the machine. The cost...

I'm wondering if it might be cheaper to wait until I travel East.  There must be a good slot tech in Ohio that would be willing to fix it up.
I can get another "project."  It'd be nice just to have one working.

Can anyone recommend a person or shop in Ohio?  There is no one in New Mexico at all, and Colorado doesn't seem to be full of techs either unless  you go to Denver.

Thanks very much for all your help.
_____ American Flag
don0352

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »

Oh, and there is no hurry.  I'd like to get it fixed soon, but if I wait until Ohio, that'll be 4-5 months away.
(( Thanks again !! )) rotflmao
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »

There are plenty of people in Ohio that are good at working on machines. The problem is that a Bally 5000 is widely unpopular due to the many issues that they have in the home market. They were made to be turned on constantly and they have a really tough time being turned off ever. Batteries are an issue along with power supplies. And I think that 5000+ uses the external programming pad that are pretty difficult to find. I had a Bally 5000 (non +) as my first real slot and I never did get it working. Bought it for $50 on craigslist and tinkered with it for a few months and ended up selling it for $60 on craigslist after that. Last I heard the machine still wasn't working and that was a few years ago.

Anything can be fixed I guess and if you are doing it just to have for yourself and you never plan on trying to sell it, then you may want to spend the time and money getting it fixed up. But if you are doing it to sell down the road you'll have a tough time selling it at any price I'm afraid. The Bally 6000 which is 2 models newer than the 5000+ goes for under $500 often times retail and fully working. Obviously the part of the country you are in dictates price so they may be more valuable there. I'm lucky here in Ohio and Kentucky we have a plethora of great vendors and pretty much our pick of any machines we could possibly want. Not trying to be a jerk or the bearer of bad news, just throwing it out there as free information. Free information can often be worth just that... nothing  rotflmao

The one thing I would say though is, if you do want to get it working and don't have a programming pad now... start looking for one since you'll need it every time the battery goes dead and they can be scarce to find. Good luck!
don0352

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »

Thanks very much for your reply.  I'm connected to it because it's my first real attempt to fix a mystery slot machine.  But, I've read the problems you listed, and I was just about to order a keypad, and I noticed a bunch of notes in the cabinet of the machine.  Someone else (2 other people) had tried to fix this machine and were assisted by a "K-LAR."  I don't know if the machine was ever fixed.
I'm just not sure if this is the time to spend a bunch of money to get a machine working that will will have issues again pretty soon (most likely)...
The glass is matching and perfect though... Cry Laughing

Anyone want a 5000plus in NM?
Also - if anyone has a good name or friend in Ohio, I could save it for use next year if I hold on to the machine. (Thanks !!!!!)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.