Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  ballly series e problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ballly series e problems  (Read 2978 times)
gteatr6
« on: May 12, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »

I am working on a bally series e 3 reel slot and It will take coins, but only play one time. If I do test 5, it shows all 000..., and if I do test 8, It will only play one time also.  All connections look to be ok and plugged in. It did have a quarter stuck behind the coin mech and it was shorting out the coil and blowing a fuse. All fuses are good now. I don't seem to be getting any error codes either.  This one has the 5v leds for the reel readers. Any ideas??????????
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »

if you are getting all 0000 when you do the 5 test - then you have either a bad reader control board - IO board problem - or connections to the reel mech.  Machine will NOT run with reader issues.
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

Hay Fox, will those IR leds show up on a video camera?  If so maybe Gteatr6 could use that to trouble shoot a bit.

Its Always Something...
gteatr6
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »

I got this one working. I pulled everything out of the machine, checked all connections, and reseated all the proms. Put it all back together and it works! Still working on another one that gives codes 43,73, and sometimes 41. I am pretty sure I found 2 bad phototransistors on the 3rd reel reader.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »

i just use a flashlight and my trusted multimeter.   there is an easier way to isolate which pairing is not reading - by removing the P1 eprom and doing the 5 test - you end up with the hex address of the position reader - so if you are at 22nd pos you get 22  pos 8 you get the 8 - if any position misreads then you do the math to figure which pairing is not reading - confusing until you try it.
gteatr6
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »

Ok, I found a blown fuse upper right one. I know it controls the lights for how much was bet, but I don't know what else it controls. I was getting error codes 41, and 91. I replaced the fuse and lights worked for a while and so did the game. It blew after a little bit and error codes again. I moved reel reader one to sencond postion and the game plays fine with the blown fuse. I guess I need to know what circuit that fuse protects. It has a blue with red dash wire and looks to go to the driver board and reel mech.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »

if the fuse is the 10 amp - that is the light circuit - check the light sockets on the door - one of them is grounding to the cabinet.
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »

i just use a flashlight and my trusted multimeter.   there is an easier way to isolate which pairing is not reading - by removing the P1 eprom and doing the 5 test - you end up with the hex address of the position reader - so if you are at 22nd pos you get 22  pos 8 you get the 8 - if any position misreads then you do the math to figure which pairing is not reading - confusing until you try it.

That's a good tip Barry, I'll have to remember to try that. 

Glad your making progress Gteatr6

Its Always Something...
gteatr6
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »

Fuse problem solved, thanks. Is it possible to clean the phototransistors? I moved the reel readers around and now I get a 93 or 92 0r 42 maybe twice after playing for about 20 min. I swaped 1 and 2 around. I was getting 41 and 91 codes almost instantly when I pulled the handle.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:29 PM »

there could be dirt in the readers - just unscrew them and wipe the photo trans with a clean cloth.  if the error moves with the reader - that is if you have a 43 when the reader is at the right most reel and you move the reader to the left (pos 1) and now you get a 41 - then the reader is defective - if the error stays constant then the wiring or lubrication is the issue.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.