Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT Reel Touch Games
| | |-+  Low Battery / Closure M Error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low Battery / Closure M Error  (Read 18675 times)
bowlingalley11
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 21, 2013, 06:52:33 PM »

Hello All,
      My IGT S2000 Reel Touch machine has been causing me some headaches over the past week. When I turn on the machine, the machine boots all the way up almost to the game. Instead of booting completely, I get a "Main Battery Low" error and "Closure M" error which prevents the game from starting. On the reel touch screen, it says "Call Attendant". I have replaced the 3V CMOS Battery on the board, but that didn't help any. Can anyone please provide some assistance. (Pictures would also help) if providing an answer as I am not real technical when it comes to this machine. I really appreciate everyone's time!

Eric
opman
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 74

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »

You need to replace the 3 volt coin cell battery on the main cpu board in the bottom cabinet. Depending on weather you have the newer board or older board the battery could be soldered to the board. If you have an enhanced board it will slide out and can be replaced without soldering. Hope this helps.
bowlingalley11

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »

I apologize for my ignorance, where might I be able to find the 3V battery in the bottom cabinet. Thank you for your time!

Eric
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »

On the lower left hand will of the cabinet is your MPU. With the machine off pull that tray out and you'll see it
bowlingalley11

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:42:24 PM »

Found it. How in the heck do you get the battery out of there. Again sorry for my ignorance.

Eric
opman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »

It is soldered on if it is not an enhanced board
opman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »

Usually it is a br2330 or br2335 if it is not a slip in battery which is used on the enhanced board.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 01:54:46 AM »

If you have the yellow battery it is not enhanced as in pic  and does NOT need green battery  It will be soldered in . You can solder in a holder so battery can be a slid out in the future .  If it has a slide out coin battery . it is replaceable just slid out to replace  it is enhanced as in pic. NOTE **** Enhanced boards NEED green battery to work . P.B.

* P1010075.JPG (879.71 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 2447 times.)

* P1010057.JPG (872.62 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 1862 times.)

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
bowlingalley11

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »

I have replaced the battery as described above. Thanks for the photos Plunger Boy.

Now, once the machine starts to boot, I see the small display reading "Call Attendant". When I open the machine, I get a loud noise and screen the reads "RAM Error". Any ideas on how it fix this. Again, I appreciate everyone's assistance!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:55:58 PM by bowlingalley11 » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »

I have replaced the battery as described above. Thanks for the photos Plunger Boy.

Now, once the machine starts to boot, I see the small display reading "Call Attendant". When I open the machine, I get a loud noise and screen the reads "RAM Error". Any ideas on how it fix this. Again, I appreciate everyone's assistance!

Turn the Jackpot key on the outside of the machine when you hear the loud noise with the door still open. Watch the small display and turn the jackpot key again until it tells you to hold the white button on the MPU for 3 or more seconds. Follow it's instructions.

Ron (r273)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »

with the door open, turn the jackpot reset key 4 times and then press the test button on the CPU for 3-4 seconds then the display should read "please close the main door" So close the door, wait for the machine to re set and then open the door, then you will get another siren/error code, then turn the jackpot reset key 3 times and close the door. After that it should be in ready to play mode. You might want to check and make sure you have your limits set before you put any money into the machine to add credits.
bowlingalley11

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »

Thank you so much BR549 Auto Sales and r273. The machine is back up and running. I would like to thank everyone for their time and help in assisting me in getting my slot machine up and running! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

Eric
azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »

replace the battery with a holder,  then almost any coin cell will work, i would recommend a 2325 -you can even find them at most walgreens.
analogkid280

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »

I also just wanted to add my thanks for this information. I also was going through this same exact situation. Seeing that ram error and that loud alarm when I opened the door really had me worried. Now I also got my machine back up and running perfect.   Clap
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.