Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Troubles Optics maybe HELP ****FIXED it was the Optics at DOOR****
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Troubles Optics maybe HELP ****FIXED it was the Optics at DOOR****  (Read 7458 times)
AcePeter
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 190

« on: October 04, 2009, 10:55:32 AM »

I did a clear ram and got the 61 , then a 61-1 closed the door and now it would not do anything after turning jackpot key. The machine still thinks the door is open. I checked the optics and even changed them out still no change.  The top candle blinks as if the door is still open even when closed. I even went to the trouble of changing out the motherboard and MPU and doing another ram clear still the same thing. Anything else I could check? Thanks for all the help.....and your time reading.  Hope I'm clear on what I'm talking about.. waving flag
The machine is a S+ with a DBV-200-
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:06:01 PM by AcePeter » Logged

If losing was a winner I'd be a millionaire!
NJB
Koni
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 11:24:28 AM »

Did you try pulling out the optics and holding them together to make it think the door is closed? Sounds like they may not be lining up. -Koni
I did a clear ram and got the 61 , then a 61-1 closed the door and now it would not do anything after turning jackpot key. The machine still thinks the door is open. I checked the optics and even changed them out still no change.  The top candle blinks as if the door is still open even when closed. I even went to the trouble of changing out the motherboard and MPU and doing another ram clear still the same thing. Anything else I could check? Thanks for all the help.....and your time reading.  Hope I'm clear on what I'm talking about.. waving flag
The machine is a S+ with a DBV-200-
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 11:26:10 AM »

If the switch is bad .. strip the ends of a couple of wires and connect them to the wires leading to the key switch. Run them out down where the coin tray would be and use the other ends as a switch.
AcePeter
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 01:04:20 PM »

THANKS!!!!!!! It was the optics at the door...Not lining up..It has to prefect...... applause applause applause applause

NJB
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »

I'm late on this but I'm glad you got it going...

There's small adjustments you can make with the door optics.
By slightly loosening the 2 little screws that hold the
optics in place you can physically move them up and down.
It is important to have them lined up seeing "eye-to-eye" when
the door latch is in a closed position (fully down).

On my machines (Because I like to tinker with them a lot...)
I took out the door optics and installed one single cherry switch.
The cool thing about cherry switches is that while the door is physically open -
you can fool the MPU into thinking the door is "closed"
by simply pulling out and locking the plunger on the cherry switch.
In this mode, you can fully see the inner workings
of your machine while the door is wide open! yes

AcePeter
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »

Thanks for the input...I love to tinker with these things too. Give's me something to do..I have a lot more to tinker hissy fit with...Thanks..I 'm sure I will be posting too....

NJB
Koni
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 01:57:09 PM »

Glad we could help. What a great group of people we have here!!! -Koni
Thanks for the input...I love to tinker with these things too. Give's me something to do..I have a lot more to tinker hissy fit with...Thanks..I 'm sure I will be posting too....
AcePeter
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 06:33:14 PM »

Again THANKS ALL...........GOD Bless America American Flag American Flag American Flag American Flag American Flag  I just got carried away wave

NJB
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »

Well, that was quick -- glad you were able to quickly identify and resolve your machine issue!  applause

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
HOGCAT
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »

OK, just what is a "cherry switch"???  I am having trouble with a 5 times pay machine that sometimes the machine acts like the door is open, when it is fully closed.  I checked the door "eye" with a camera so I could see the glow.  It seems to be glowing OK.  Checked all the plugs on everything.  But it still acts like the door is open.  Will not take coins, even the insert coin light is on.  I can push the little credit button on the optic coin sensor and close the door and you can play the test credits no problem.  I took out reel #3 and with a flashlite you can see the door optics looking thru the glass.  The optics seem to be lined up OK.  Whats next???? hissy fit bawling

GARY   
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 11:50:19 PM »

A cherry switch comes in different flavors (pardon the pun), but is a microswitch that is generally activated by a different button or lever.

Your "Spin Reels", "Bet 1", etc. buttons all have cherry switches under them that actually complete the circuit and tell the machine that a button has been pressed.

For your machine, I presume that the "Insert Coin" light is not lit while the door is open and then lights up after the door is closed?  If so, the machine is seeing the door as closed.  Is the sample coin seated properly in the comparator?  Have you tried a different coin in the comparator, or adjusting the sensitivity of the comparator to reject fewer coins?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
HOGCAT
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »

Kevin, Thanks, now I know what a "cherry" switch is.  I always called them a micro switch.

The insert coin lite stays on with the door open or closed.  The test credits button will "ding" each time I push it, but when I close the door the test credits stay there.  I thought when you closed the door the test credits were erased.  Its the door optics I am quite sure.  I am going to check the alignment better tomorrow.

How would you hook up a cherry switch to bypass the door optics??? 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 03:03:01 AM »

I re-routed the 2 wires from the door optic under the reel tray to a
cherry switch where the cabinet-side door optics were.
I hooked up the other cabinet-side optic wires to the cherry switch.
You'll notice that there's two wire of green coming out of the cabinet-side reciever molex.
That's the ground wires.
Take the black wire (Ground) from the door-side emitter optics and connect them together.
The other remaining two wires go to the cherry switch.
The cherry switch will "Open" and "Close" the circuit that's now in place of optics.
Make sure you use good connectors and leave no wires exposed or bare.
Turn on your machine and close the door, your reels should spin back to the last time
the optics were working correctly and the candle should be flashing.
Posted below is a cherry switch made by the Cherry Corp.
These are pretty cool to use because once you install them, you can observe a slot machine in full action with the door wide open!
These switches are actually 3 way...
Switch depressed in=Door closed
Switch in middle position=Door Open
Switch with plunger pulled out=Door Open but MPU "is "Fooled" into thinking that the door is closed.

* cherry switch.jpg (46.49 KB, 200x200 - viewed 602 times.)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 05:32:34 AM »

That's what my Jackpot Jungle S machine has.  I read these optics horror stories...glad I have this kind of switch. 

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 08:54:36 AM »

They are standard on Bally ProSlots. What's interesting is that all of my S+ machines came with disconnected cherry switches installed. Scratch Head

Kevin, Thanks, now I know what a "cherry" switch is.  I always called them a micro switch.

Actually that is a micro-switch. The white three-position plunger switch that Bunker posted is a cherry switch. yes propeller

(I might be wrong, but I've never heard of those micro-switches referred to as a cherry switch.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
HOGCAT
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »

You guys are making me buy all kinds of stuff to play with!!!!   Now, where can I get these "cherry" switches????   I just ordered a set of the stock sensors for the doors for another machine.  But am real interested in the cherry switches from now on!!!! 

Ya know I am getting hooked when I am planning on buying a few more S-Plus machines in a week or so. Duh!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.