Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:06:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Stupid e-bay rules
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid e-bay rules  (Read 2683 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: March 11, 2011, 09:23:39 PM »

Why the heck can you not leave neutral or negative feedback for a power seller for 7 days? Scratch Head

I won't go into detail on all of the problems getting the seller to finally ship it, but this is how he shipped it - in a flat rate box (and it barely fit).  Duh!

Luckily it was ok, but when I went to leave neutral feedback, e-bay won't let you for 7 days because he is a power seller, and you are supposed to try and 'work it out with the seller'.  Just how is contacting the seller going to undo his repeated delays, lack of communication, or poor packing?  no

* laptop.jpg (344.03 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 204 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »

Just as an outsider to the situation, is it beat up because he should have used a bigger box, or because the post office kicked it around a few times?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »

Just as an outsider to the situation, is it beat up because he should have used a bigger box, or because the post office kicked it around a few times?

Both. He used a box size that allowed for nearly no packing (one wrap of the tiny sized bubble wrap), AND the PO beat it up because it was heavier than the box was really designed for. It most likely got smashed up just rolling down the conveyor belt due to the weight. The smashed corners were actually right against the laptop. Here is how much room there was to spare.

The other issue was multiple delays in shipping it and lack of response when asked about it.

But my main gripe is with e-bay's policy of not letting you leave feedback immediately JUST because the person is a power seller.

* laptop2.jpg (133.44 KB, 581x462 - viewed 172 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:20:54 PM »

I just can't look at this without commenting! I've been an ebay seller and buyer since 2003. I've sold three laptops, and a number of small antique radios. The computer you bought was NOT acceptably packed at all! I'm surprised it works. I'd check the case to make sure there are no cracks anywhere, especially in the hinge area. When I ship, I bubble wrap the computer with LARGE bubble wrap. Then I pack it in a box with about three inches of styro-peanuts.
I pour in the three inches, then lay the unit on top, then pour the rest around and jam it in tight, add more until the flaps must be held tight to tape. My boxes will bounce if dropped. That's the best way to pack. Your seller has been lucky if he/she has not had problems with shipping. I also hate ebay's "waiting game" policy.
Hope this helps. Now, back to SLOT MACHINES!!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:45:42 PM »

For a laptop, that's horrible (the shipping job that poppo received).  I didn't realize you had been mailed a computer.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:55:12 AM »

I didn't realize you had been mailed a computer.

LOL. I guess I forgot to mention that.  Duh!

But the laptop works fine and does not have any cracks or anything. I have an identical one (which is why I bought this one) and it's built like a tank.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:49:16 AM »

Maybe it was iweezyandtom with their urine infested toppers!

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 17

An Addiction:)

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 02:18:44 AM »

Maybe it was iweezyandtom with their urine infested toppers!

Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaa, LOL...  That was MY topper!  rotflmao  bust gut laughing  gasmask
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.