Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ugh! My response from the President
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ugh! My response from the President  (Read 11051 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: October 19, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »

Background. I live rural and our high speed Internet options are nearly non-existent. During the last election, Obama promised that he would get everyone on high speed Internet.
http://promises.nationaljournal.com/science-technology/expand-high-speed-internet-access-in-rural-areas/

Billions of dollars were allocated for this, but yet there is no sign of any high speed access coming anytime soon (at least not around here).

So I sent the president an e-mail about a month ago to suggest that millions of jobs could be created if they actually got this project in motion. I also asked just where those billions of dollars actually went.

Today I got a reply.

October 19, 2011

Dear Friend:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns about our Nation's agriculture industry.

While farming employs many fewer people than it did just a few decades ago, it is still vital to our economy and the world.  My Administration is helping family farmers, including minority producers, find profitable markets in the global economy and ensure a brighter future for rural America.

Farm programs must help our family farmers achieve the stability and predictability they need to prosper in our economy.  To help protect American farmers from market disruptions and weather disasters, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides $700 million in farm disaster assistance.  I support restrictions on commodity payments to wealthy farmers so that these funds can go to farmers who need them most.  My Administration is also committed to ensuring equal opportunity so  all Americans have a chance to benefit from farm programs and rural development funds.  More information on farm loan programs can be found at:  go.usa.gov/aDe. 

As our country moves toward energy independence, our farmers are playing a valuable role in this movement.  I support increasing the national supply of renewable fuels and providing additional loans and grants to develop them.  This will create thousands of new jobs, positioning rural America to produce more biofuels and generate more renewable power than ever before.  We are committed to investments in rural America that create new opportunities, businesses, and jobs, as well as diversify local economies.

To learn more about my agenda for America's farmers, please visit:  www.WhiteHouse.gov/issues/rural.  Thank you, again, for writing.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

WTF?  Duh! This reply has absolutely nothing to do with high speed Internet.

* 2 palm.jpg (33.51 KB, 750x600 - viewed 203 times.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:53:07 AM by poppo » Logged
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »

The billions went to hire the illiterate person that couldn't read your message and select the proper canned response.

The local wireless and cable  company at my cottage has told me wifi is coming in the next 3-4 weeks for 2 years.  I just use 3g on my phone now.
Hotrodslots69
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 36

If all the smoke gets out it won't work anymore!

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »

Scary thing about the farm plan he is referring to is that 90% of the farm program goes to Food Stamps Duh! Oh buy the way whats high speed internet bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

poppo

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »

The billions went to hire the illiterate person that couldn't read your message and select the proper canned response.

And a month to do it.  censored
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »

Hope you don't mind Poppo but I copied & send to all my friends.
That is how they always answer a question. Total off subject. Just like they don't understand English.
I get totally pissed off with the government.
Ford
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

Actually, the billions went to buying an overpriced piece of software that "reads" the letters looking for specific key words to respond to. We used to use such software at Time Warner when I worked there over 10 years ago. It most likely homed in on the the word "rural" or the phrase "rural America" and perhaps other related words poppo used in his original letter.

Of course, in reality that software would only cost several thousand dollars, so Obama owes us each around $15 (for around 5 billion, or whatever amount was supposed to have been squandered - uh, "spent".)  money Crazy frying pan Silly Me! Silly Me!

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:18:45 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »

Actually, the billions went to buying an overpriced piece of software that "reads" the letters looking for specific key words to respond to. We used to use such software at Time Warner when I worked there over 10 years ago. It obviously homed in the the word "rural" and perhaps other related words poppo used in his original letter.

I used the 'web form' on the White House web site. There are a select few subject options you can choose from. Unfortunately there is not a 'Why I think you suck' option.
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »

Actually, the billions went to buying an overpriced piece of software that "reads" the letters looking for specific key words to respond to. We used to use such software at Time Warner when I worked there over 10 years ago. It obviously homed in the the word "rural" and perhaps other related words poppo used in his original letter.

I used the 'web form' on the White House web site. There are a select few subject options you can choose from. Unfortunately there is not a 'Why I think you suck' option.
Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

That's so they can put the right "spin" on things when they tell the press about all of the positive, constructive comments they're receiving through the WH email system.  censored Thumbs Down slap  (As I recall, they no longer accept emails, and now only use the web interface. I'm guessing that there isn't an option to complain about that, either! muted)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 02:47:06 AM »

oh lordy lordy lordy.... face in palm

Poppo,
Since when were you having "concerns about our Nation's agriculture industry" ?  Cry Laughing
Hotrodslots69
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »

Hey we farm over a 1000 acres if want to learn about farming????  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 09:33:54 PM »

ttth Nooo Thank you...
I think my back stills hurts from throwing & piling hay bales in the barn from 1975... rotflmao
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »

ttth Nooo Thank you...
I think my back stills hurts from throwing & piling hay bales in the barn from 1975... rotflmao

You were throwing and piling hay bales 500 feet off the ground standing on a 4 inch beam*? Weird Eyes  frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

*Okay, I don't know how wide the skinny beams used in NYC were, but 4 inches sounded "dangerous".  rotflmao)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 09:49:12 PM »

lol  The I-beams on skyscrapers can be about 3 feet wide way up there...
Something has to support the elevators and such ... Tongue Out
I didn't start building high rises until around '84
It sure is a blessing to be sitting here retired from all that in one piece -
with my feet on the floor at home.. arrow
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 11:24:13 PM »

lol  The I-beams on skyscrapers can be about 3 feet wide way up there...
Something has to support the elevators and such ... Tongue Out
I didn't start building high rises until around '84
It sure is a blessing to be sitting here retired from all that in one piece -
with my feet on the floor at home.. arrow

You could have played soccer up there!  arrow rotflmao rotflmao

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »

Background. I live rural and our high speed Internet options are nearly non-existent. During the last election, Obama promised that he would get everyone on high speed Internet.
http://promises.nationaljournal.com/science-technology/expand-high-speed-internet-access-in-rural-areas/

Billions of dollars were allocated for this, but yet there is no sign of any high speed access coming anytime soon (at least not around here).

So I sent the president an e-mail about a month ago to suggest that millions of jobs could be created if they actually got this project in motion. I also asked just where those billions of dollars actually went.

Today I got a reply.

October 19, 2011

Dear Friend:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns about our Nation's agriculture industry.

While farming employs many fewer people than it did just a few decades ago, it is still vital to our economy and the world.  My Administration is helping family farmers, including minority producers, find profitable markets in the global economy and ensure a brighter future for rural America.

Farm programs must help our family farmers achieve the stability and predictability they need to prosper in our economy.  To help protect American farmers from market disruptions and weather disasters, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides $700 million in farm disaster assistance.  I support restrictions on commodity payments to wealthy farmers so that these funds can go to farmers who need them most.  My Administration is also committed to ensuring equal opportunity so  all Americans have a chance to benefit from farm programs and rural development funds.  More information on farm loan programs can be found at:  go.usa.gov/aDe. 

As our country moves toward energy independence, our farmers are playing a valuable role in this movement.  I support increasing the national supply of renewable fuels and providing additional loans and grants to develop them.  This will create thousands of new jobs, positioning rural America to produce more biofuels and generate more renewable power than ever before.  We are committed to investments in rural America that create new opportunities, businesses, and jobs, as well as diversify local economies.

To learn more about my agenda for America's farmers, please visit:  www.WhiteHouse.gov/issues/rural" target="_blank">www.WhiteHouse.gov/issues/rural.  Thank you, again, for writing.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

WTF?  Duh! This reply has absolutely nothing to do with high speed Internet.

Obama changed the subject on you...

Thanks,
Bill
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »

Obama changed the subject on you...

That's what Obama always does. He's good @ changing the subject.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

You guys are silly...

Do you REALLY think that for one minute that He is answering your letters and emails? No. He has His staff do it and He doesn't see them.

The Secret Service will see more of His mail than He will.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »

You guys are silly...

Do you REALLY think that for one minute that He is answering your letters and emails? No. He has His staff do it and He doesn't see them.

We know that but it makes us feel better to blow off some steam.  Homer Insane angry-kitty
channelmaniac

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 07:12:19 PM »

Reminds me of the time when someone wrote a letter to the White House protesting cuts in aid for handicapped children and the Reagan administration sent back a recipe for crab meat casserole.

It happens from time to time that the wrong canned replies get sent.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »

Reminds me of the time when someone wrote a letter to the White House protesting cuts in aid for handicapped children and the Reagan administration sent back a recipe for crab meat casserole.

It happens from time to time that the wrong canned replies get sent.

It makes no difference if it's Dem. or Rep. they don't really care what we say.
I wonder if it was a good crab meat casserole recipe.
StatFreak

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 07:54:42 PM »

You guys are silly...

No one sees them; there are no staff doing this. These messages are "read" by a computer program that builds that canned reply from key words and phrases it finds in the body of the text. The SS might see more of them than the pres, but they would only see one if it contained key words or phrases that triggered such an action in the scanning program. It's not hard to figure out what those might be.

Hotrodslots69
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »

O come on people I thought this president cared about all of us  Corny Corny Corny Corny Corny Corny Corny

channelmaniac

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »

O come on people I thought this president cared about all of us  Corny Corny Corny Corny Corny Corny Corny

I can't believe you conspiracy theorists didn't catch the capitalization of the words He and Him.

Crazy Crazy Crazy

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »

He and Him ? Who's that?  Tongue Out
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 11:25:24 PM »

He and Him ? Who's that?  Tongue Out

Bunker,

You may have to read between the lines and think HH...... Does that mean anything?

Scroll down for hint......

I am guessing that one H stands for Heil.....

CH CaptainHappy

I do not think the second H is for Happy either!

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.