Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Need the NLG Karma wands waved...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need the NLG Karma wands waved...  (Read 17101 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

And here it is...   applause

Jason

* photo.JPG (137.86 KB, 640x480 - viewed 225 times.)

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »

Congrats....
And it was dealt to you that way.
Does a GameKing have a Stand button or do you have to hold all cards and then hit Deal?

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »

Jason-

I just saw this topic now.  Glad to see that things worked out at your job.  We're going through a similar situation at my day job.  We just got bought by a large corportation who promptly announced that there would be hundreds of layoffs -- but they haven't announced which department(s) will be closing.  We're just continuing business as usual until we find out if we're on the chopping block.   hissy fit

(On the plus side, I have two other part time jobs so I won't be 100% screwed if I lose my day job -- just about 80% screwed.)

Does a GameKing have a Stand button or do you have to hold all cards and then hit Deal?

No "stand" button.  On a typical pat dealt hand (like a dealt straight), you have to press "hold" on all five cards and then the Deal/Draw button to lock in your decision.  The only exception is if you're dealt a hand that can't possibly pay more (a Royal Flush, and possibly Aces with a kicker on a game that pays 4,000 for that hand, but I haven't been able to confirm that last part for sure) -- then the machine automatically holds all five cards and completes the hand.  As such, if you're dealt a Royal on a modern-day IGT machine (as well as most other manufacturers), you can't screw it up.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »

Kevin, I'll send the karma dust your way.  It was a cattle slaughter in my company and we lost a lot of good people.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was another one coming in 2012.  It especially sucks in my area because good IT complete package jobs don't grow on trees...especially in this economy.  If my job vanishes, I'd have to relocate or find another profession.  Maybe I'll look at IGT and move to Reno.  Smiley

Yeah, when I hit my "dealt" sequential Royal in Laughlin a few weeks ago, it automatically held the cards and fired up the celebration sounds.  This hit was on a GK 6.x machine.  All I had to do was smile and pick my jaw up off of the floor.

Anyway, best of luck Kevin...let me know how it goes.

Jason

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »

Well, it seemed like everything was business as usual -- it's annual enrollment time for benefits, we hadn't heard anything bad, etc., but now it seems that the other shoe may have just dropped.  There's a phone-in meeting tomorrow at 11am for everyone in my division to discuss "the future of our division" (we've never had a meeting like that before).  I called my boss and asked her if we were still going to be employed, and she told me that she can't tell me anything until tomorrow.  The strain in her voice told me enough, though.

As I mentioned, I do have two other part-time jobs (one of them is very part-time, however), and our company did mention as part of the layoff announcement a few months ago that any affected employees would be given at least two months notice, so I'm not panicing yet.  My attitude may change somewhat after the meeting tomorrow.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:22 AM »

Well, it seemed like everything was business as usual -- it's annual enrollment time for benefits, we hadn't heard anything bad, etc., but now it seems that the other shoe may have just dropped.  There's a phone-in meeting tomorrow at 11am for everyone in my division to discuss "the future of our division" (we've never had a meeting like that before).  I called my boss and asked her if we were still going to be employed, and she told me that she can't tell me anything until tomorrow.  The strain in her voice told me enough, though.

As I mentioned, I do have two other part-time jobs (one of them is very part-time, however), and our company did mention as part of the layoff announcement a few months ago that any affected employees would be given at least two months notice, so I'm not panicing yet.  My attitude may change somewhat after the meeting tomorrow.

Kevin,

Thinking good thoughts for you!!! yes yes yes +1 (Karma, or whatever) To start Good Karma in the air!

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 01:00:26 AM »

Kevin, hang in there man.  Positive vibes heading your direction my friend.

Jason

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 01:10:15 AM »

Hey knagl?
Your boss would be an all-time bonehead if he ever let you go...
Good luck to ya!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:59 AM »

Fingers crosse Kevin +1 (Karma, or whatever)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 01:55:17 AM »

+1 (Karma, or whatever) Kevin & wishing you the best
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »

Thanks, everyone for the kind words.  Now that I actually know for sure what's going on, I can share.

I'm getting laid off, as is everyone in our office, and everyone at all of the remote traffic gathering offices across the country for "the large traffic gathering company owned by a larger cell phone manufacturer" that I work for.  It has nothing to do with our performance -- it's simply a cost-cutting move and a shift in direction for the company.

This has been a cushy job.  A really cushy job, in fact.  One where I can mess around on the Internet while I work (like now!).  Our office closes on January 31st.  Half the offices are shutting down on 1/31, the other half on 4/30.  While it would have been nice to be part of the 4/30 group, this isn't the end of the world.  They will continue to pay us our normal pay and benefits through 4/30, and then on 5/1 I'll get a severance check of about 10 weeks of pay, plus I have another 2.5 weeks of paid time off that will get paid out, too.

I was pretty sure that this was coming yesterday after a sudden company-wide phone-in meeting was scheduled yesterday for today, hence my post.  What I didn't know is when we would be losing our jobs, and I didn't know at all that there would be a pretty good severance package.

We'll be okay, and we'll make it through this.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 06:38:07 PM »

Thanks, everyone for the kind words.  Now that I actually know for sure what's going on, I can share.

I'm getting laid off, as is everyone in our office, and everyone at all of the remote traffic gathering offices across the country for "the large traffic gathering company owned by a larger cell phone manufacturer" that I work for.  It has nothing to do with our performance -- it's simply a cost-cutting move and a shift in direction for the company.

This has been a cushy job.  A really cushy job, in fact.  One where I can mess around on the Internet while I work (like now!).  Our office closes on January 31st.  Half the offices are shutting down on 1/31, the other half on 4/30.  While it would have been nice to be part of the 4/30 group, this isn't the end of the world.  They will continue to pay us our normal pay and benefits through 4/30, and then on 5/1 I'll get a severance check of about 10 weeks of pay, plus I have another 2.5 weeks of paid time off that will get paid out, too.

I was pretty sure that this was coming yesterday after a sudden company-wide phone-in meeting was scheduled yesterday for today, hence my post.  What I didn't know is when we would be losing our jobs, and I didn't know at all that there would be a pretty good severance package.

We'll be okay, and we'll make it through this.

Kevin,

Sorry to hear the news... It is a bummer to lose a cushy job! muted I just wanted to take a moment to commend you on your positive attitude and outlook!!! Clap Clap Clap This will help you to find another job to get you back up to 3 jobs. Duh! It is good that they are showing loyalty to you guys in helping with that severance package to ease the transition.

Mark CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »

I still firmly believe your boss is an all-time bonehead... JMHO

I think when they let me go - I won't have s$$t...just my last hours worth of pay and a good-bye.
Oh well...that's life.
Good luck on your job search.
Use the company telephones, copy machines and get ready for your next job now!  rotflmao
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »

Kevin...I'm so sorry man.  Well, I understand where you are coming from regarding the "cushy" job thing. I've been with my company for 12 years and I am convinced that I wouldn't find anything better in my area.  Maybe I'm institutionalized now and am blind as to what the possibilities are outside of my professional world.

There will be something better.  Your positive attitude shows that you will be an asset wherever you land.  Your attitude and willingness to help others in the forums here also shows what kind of person you are. 

If there's anything I can help with, don't hesitate to knock.

Jason

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »

I just wanted to take a moment to commend you on your positive attitude and outlook!!! Clap Clap Clap This will help you to find another job to get you back up to 3 jobs. Duh!

Heh.  The icon of  Duh! Duh! Duh! is really fitting.  I am burning the candle at both ends, so to a point I'm looking forward to at least a little time off.  Thanks for your kind words, and yes, the severance package is really good, and it's nice to know that I'll be financially secure for a number of months to come -- plenty of time to find something else.

I still firmly believe your boss is an all-time bonehead... JMHO

She's losing her job, too, so I don't think you can blame her.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that HER boss (who doesn't even work out of this office) is also losing his job.

Good luck on your job search.  Use the company telephones, copy machines and get ready for your next job now!  rotflmao

Oh yeah.  Smiley

If there's anything I can help with, don't hesitate to knock.

Thanks, Jason.  This whole thing could have been a heck of a lot worse.  It's not fantastic, but it's not like I'm out of a job (and pay) tomorrow, either.

channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 04:33:25 AM »

Hey Mr Knagl (Kuh-nay-gull)

Cheesy

It was great putting a face with the name tonight! Good luck with the job searches and I hope you land your dream job. Cheesy

Raymond

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »

It was great putting a face with the name tonight! Good luck with the job searches and I hope you land your dream job. Cheesy

Thanks!  Very nice to meet you -- thanks for driving up to my show to say hi!   yes

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 10:31:13 PM »

My wife worked  for a hospital that  called her in after  32 yrs and said we are closing your dept  in ( surgery )   they said she was a exemplary employee and thank you for your 32 yrs  service . Please do not take this personal. They gave her 2 week severance and told her our health insurance was good until the end of the month  . This was on the 28th of April . Pretty big of them for the extra 3 days of health insurance. she was on unemployment  for 6 months and found a part time job that may turn into a full time . No Bennie's at this time but it could change. I am paying the cobra cost $$$$$$ that sucks but cant be without insurance. IM self employed and have a steady income as long as i kick ass . Getting tired and want the benefit gravy train . no pension and no Bennie's  .I did it the hard way should have worked for the government and married a fat rich girl 

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »

Kevin, sorry to hear about your situation but glad your employer has enough human compasion to give you advance warning and severance pay.
They're losing a good man.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 11:23:53 PM »

My wife worked  for a hospital that  called her in after  32 yrs and said we are closing your dept  in ( surgery )   they said she was a exemplary employee and thank you for your 32 yrs  service . Please do not take this personal. They gave her 2 week severance and told her our health insurance was good until the end of the month  . This was on the 28th of April .

Ouch, sorry to hear that.  That's bad.

Kevin, sorry to hear about your situation but glad your employer has enough human compasion to give you advance warning and severance pay.
They're losing a good man.

Thanks for your kind words.  They gave us some numbers and more info today -- it looks like I'll essentially get paid for six months after the last day I have to work, and health insurance will continue for five of those six months.  Hopefully that will be more than enough time to find something decent.

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 02:36:49 AM »

Hey Knagl   some times things happen beyond our control . Hopefully  a better ending will come out of it. as i lost my job 15 yrs ago and that was the best thing that could of ever happened to me . now i own my own business and all is good .  Make more money no politics and a little less stress . best of luck in your future

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:18 AM »

Thanks! I'm not too worried (yet). I've got a couple of possibilities...

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »

Yea! you could always move to OHIO and sell S+'s with skinny models on ebay for $800 bucks!  rotflmao
Mirage_Chaser
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »

Good luck Knagl... I hope all goes well...

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »

Yea! you could always move to OHIO and sell S+'s with skinny models on ebay for $800 bucks!  rotflmao
Skinny? Models? Bunker, get your glasses checked! frying pan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.