Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  What the ...?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the ...?  (Read 12645 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« on: December 21, 2011, 02:06:57 AM »

I tried to reply back to a member to help them out
and I got this message...    Roll Eyes  

so, I sit there tapping my fingers thinking I'm sure I'm wasting my money banghead

payingfor HIGH SPEED ONLINE  SERVICE!!!

Click on stupid message below to enlarge if needed...>>>

* You Kidding Me Right.png (12.24 KB, 701x270 - viewed 244 times.)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:23:12 AM »

I'm sure it's to prevent the spam-bots, but 2 minutes is a pretty long time. I believe there is also a limit on how many PMs you can send too in a day. I've run into that trying to help someone out.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:39:08 AM »

Bunker  I don't know how you can try to post two PMs in less than two minutes.  I was born in the South, with using spell check and all that bull s*** it takes me two minutes to say "HI"

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »

Funny thing is...on my 1st post this morning - I got that message again.  face in palm Roll Eyes
Now how can that be after I've slept  zzzzzzz for 8 hours, took a hot shower   cold shower ,
then drove to work in an ice storm?  arrow

My 2nd post of the morning worked though, without any limitations...crazy computers huh?  POS Computer
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

I tried to reply back to a member to help them out
and I got this message...    Roll Eyes  

so, I sit there tapping my fingers thinking I'm sure I'm wasting my money banghead

payingfor HIGH SPEED ONLINE  SERVICE!!!

Click on stupid message below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Sorry guys and gals .... Yes it was for the spam bots we where getting 1 new post every 30 sec for the same IP...  so 2 min per messes kills the bots and they go away as it's to slow for the bots to post...  

Tumbleweed Tumbleweed Besides this give you time to cool off before you blast some one for dumb ass for pissing you off..  wtf1 wtf1

arrow Example:  arrow  "SLIDE TO REPLACE COIN DOES NOT MEAN REMOVE THE COIN -- YOU %^$#**"  Spank Spank
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:02:44 PM by Joeylc » Logged

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »

ahh....for the protection of the website, then I warmly welcome the security measures put into place...

( sounds like a bunch of bull I've said huh? No different than the bull you hear with presidential candidates... bust gut laughing )

* major truth_teller.png (113.54 KB, 328x323 - viewed 603 times.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:56:00 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »

Bunker   I told you to WATCH out, now you got the MFIC all pissed off.  I'll call Joey and smooth it out, no way could I let him nuke you this close to Christmas. I can't promise what will happen after the New Year.  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

Mark you know this is all Bull S***   Joey doesn't nuke anyone, he has Capt. Neversail do the dirty work.  nlg  CaptainHappy

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »

I just got off the phone with Joey ( Mark your safe )    He has a request, at the very top of the home page, second line down to the right of your avatar you will see "Show Unread Post Since Last Visit" click on that link, after the page loads click on Mark as Read at the bottom.  Please do this every time you log on, "pretty please" !!!!  I said "Pretty Please" because Joey told me to play nise. (my image is now in the toilet)  Angel Devil Teeter

He also requested for everyone to do a lot of posting as he's testing the site to see what he can keep and what other FAT has to be cut.

poppo

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

I just got off the phone with Joey ( Mark your safe )    He has a request, at the very top of the home page, second line down to the right of your avatar you will see "Show Unread Post Since Last Visit" click on that link, after the page loads click on Mark as Read at the bottom.  Please do this every time you log on, ...

Unfortunately, since the really useful, and easy on the eyes 'most recent post's thing has been removed from the main page, that is what I have already been doing. Using the 'show unread posts since last visit' is  knockout
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »

I've been using that "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit" since I've been coming on here...
I read a post, sometimes make a post and hit the "Go Up" button (never gets you all the way up though),
do a quick mini-up-scroll with my mouse, and hit the "Show Unread Posts..." again...>>>

* show inread posts since last visit.png (48.54 KB, 553x258 - viewed 234 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »

I just got off the phone with Joey ( Mark your safe )    He has a request, at the very top of the home page, second line down to the right of your avatar you will see "Show Unread Post Since Last Visit" click on that link, after the page loads click on Mark as Read at the bottom.  Please do this every time you log on, ...

Unfortunately, since the really useful 'most recent post's thing has been removed from the main page, that is what I have already been doing. Using the 'show unread posts since last visit' is  knockout

I guess I wasn't clear, after reading the recect post he would like them to be cleared by using the "Mark as Read" tab.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »

The topic doesn't come back after you hit the "Show Unread Posts..." button though.
The topic goes away and the next one down the list remains until one looks at it.
At least that's what's happening out here on the East Coast - I don't know about California...LOL
poppo

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »

I guess I wasn't clear, after reading the recect post he would like them to be cleared by using the "Mark as Read" tab.

Correct. That is the only way I can make it so it doesn't give me a headache evey time I try to see what is new. I look at the jumbled mess and if I don't spot something of interest, I mark them all as read so the next time it won't have too much clutter. 

Here is the old thread about the differences and the picture showing the difference - cluttered vs easy to read (and easier to see how many replies have been made to a post since the last visit).

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14045.msg120662#msg120662

* posts.jpg (219.31 KB, 493x348 - viewed 228 times.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:35:57 PM by poppo » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »

I don't think I have that problem as I'm on just about every day.
I went away for a week on a trip last year and came home
and I was bombarded with Notifications... like about 200 of them! lol
I just hit the "Mark as Read" button and wiped them out.
I then went into my "Notifications" options settings box
and mass-knocked all of those off the "Notify" list too.
poppo

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40:37 PM »

I don't think I have that problem as I'm on just about every day.

As am I. IMO it was just a lot easier to scan the new threads the other way. No icons, number of posts in the thread, etc. etc. Just a nice clean list.  But it is what it is. At least the screen is still sized to fit on 1024x768.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »

Something's going on here admins...
I was typing a message to a member then all of a sudden my typing went clear across the Atlantic ocean...There's a website setting that's making the post page way too wide now and half of our avatars are cut almost in half?

This is what I'm seeing on my screen tonight...it's kind of been this way for awhile actually.
Look at "half the dog she used to be" in this screenshot I just took...
When you click on it to enlarge now...it's way too wide and you have to use the scroll on the mouse to see either side.
But sometimes the picture is too tall and you cannot reach the scroll line on the bottom.
Click on screenshot to enlarge and you'll see what I mean...>>>

* half the dog I used to be.png (97.55 KB, 800x570 - viewed 248 times.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:50:33 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »

Nothing's changed for me, Mark.  I think you may have accidentally changed the zoom on your web browser -- if you're holding the CTRL button and also move the wheel on your mouse, it will adjust it (intentionally or not).

In Firefox, it's under the View menu, and then Zoom.  You can also just press CTRL 0  ("Ctrl" and Zero) to reset the browser back to the normal size.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 11:35:07 PM »

I found out what I did...thanks.
I changed my view from 1024x768 to 800x600.
I just need to enlarge my font size.

Thanks for verifying nothing's changed on site.
At least now I know it was me!  Duh!
I can see all of the doggy's face now... rotflmao
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:05 PM »

Aah, good.  My parents kept insisting on using 800x600 on their old computer for some reason.  I finally upgraded them to a new computer with a widescreen flat panel monitor -- now they can't use that resolution if they try!

I should point out, too, at the very bottom of every page it does say:

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »

The 800x600 is just easy on the eyes for us old folk...
I can use the 1024x768 but I have to enlarge the fonts.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 11:38:47 PM »

You're too spunky to be "old folk".   Crazy

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »

I've been using that "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit" since I've been coming on here...
I read a post, sometimes make a post and hit the "Go Up" button (never gets you all the way up though),
do a quick mini-up-scroll with my mouse, and hit the "Show Unread Posts..." again...>>>

How do you keep up with so many posts?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:18 PM »

How do you keep up with so many posts?

I'm "spunky"... bust gut laughing rotflmao
poppo

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »

I can use the 1024x768 but I have to enlarge the fonts.

Agreed. And it also depends on the physical screen size. I have 2 identical laptops. Both have 14.1" diagonal screens. but one is native 1024x768 and the other is native 1280x960. The 1280x960 is pretty much unusable without a magnifying glass. Now if it was on a 17" screen, it would be ok. That is one thing I dislike about LCDs - that they have a native resolution. I can run my 1024x768 screen at 800x600, but it looks like crap.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »

Something's going on here admins...
I was typing a message to a member then all of a sudden my typing went clear across the Atlantic ocean...There's a website setting that's making the post page way too wide now and half of our avatars are cut almost in half? yes

That's Abby the labby Mark, I don't think I could've got a better dog if I'd of had her made to order. Thanks for using her as an example though, she loves the attention:)

ADMIN NOTE: FIXED QUOTE BOX. CH CaptainHappy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:31:30 AM by CaptainHappy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.