Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:21:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Grrr... My first almost bad e-bay sale
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grrr... My first almost bad e-bay sale  (Read 5932 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: February 08, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »

Soapbox Alert

I'm not a power seller or anything, but when I sell something on e-bay, I always sell it at a VERY good price. As a result, I have 100% positive feedback. Well, my last sale was for a part. It was a sub-part of a bigger item, but the part I was selling was brand new. Everything was clearly described and I even answered the buyer's questions as soon as I got them, including sending extra pictures and some extra data.  He bought the item and I even went out of my way to ship it the same day. Then while watching the tracking, I noticed that it looked like it was still stuck in TX for like 4 days. Most likely it just missed a departure scan, but I not only called UPS to check on it, but I e-mailed the buyer to let him know that I was on top of the situation (in case it was lost).  It should be noted that after ebay fees, PayPal fees, (I offered free shipping), and my gas to drive it to UPS, I actually lost money on it. Not a big deal since I really did not need it, but the point was the guy was getting a great deal.

Anyway, it did arrive on time (it had just missed a scan), and the first thing I get is a 'Item not as described' message from e-bay.  knockout I'm like WTF! So I read his message, and he is whining that I did not ship in the the original box (that the much bigger complete item came in). Duh!  I ask him why I would ship it in a box 3 times the size and I explain that nowhere did I ever say it would ship in the original box. Anyway, after some back and forth, I had to offer (bribe) him to leave me positive feedback, and I would ship the original box along with another part (at another loss).

Some people you really just want to  slap

If I wanted to be a jerk too, since he already left the positive feedback, I could refund his other PayPal payment (it's not an e-bay transaction) and say 'screw you'. Then he would also have to wait 10 days for his refund. But I won't stoop to that level and will send him his box. I do hope UPS trashes it though.  Tongue Out

BTW, this is why I hate that sellers can not leave negative feedback even if the buyer does for no good reason.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:04:09 PM by poppo » Logged
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »

Feel free to post his ID here so other sellers here can block him.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »

There are a lot of a**holes in this world and you just found another one. Dealing
with the public you will run across all kinds as you know. You can only do so much
to satisfy some people. You did an outstanding job, even tho you just can't satisfy
some people. K+ for your efforts!  Clap

Ron (r273)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »

Reading this makes me just livid! I'm so sick of people like who you've described. You went ABOVE AND BEYOND as a seller and you shouldn't have had to do that extra bribing either...but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to keep your positive. It just IRKS me that there are SO MANY stupid people with NO COMMON SENSE whatsoever. I had a buyer a couple of weeks ago who waited 4 days to pay even though I have written clearly:
"I expect payment asap, not on one, two, or however-many-you-feel-like-it days"
This bonehead waited 4 days even though I sent "friendly reminders." Then the dumbs*it leave me feedback as if I WERE THE BUYER!
So,  since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers (no matter what!) I left him positive feedback with this in the comment area:
SLOW payer (4 days) NEVER reponded to my messages. Leaves INCORRECT feedback.
Well that's my rant to support your rant Poppo! Good to hear you got out of it though in a businesslike way. I'd still post the seller name so we can block him!!
poppo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »

Feel free to post his ID here so other sellers here can block him.

It might be a 'her'.
glasspony2010

This item was a main body for a AR Drone (brand new)  and a 'bonus' of a RC receiver with the mod to make it work.

Right from my listing I said:

I am also including a fully functional RC receiver for those who have done the RC modification. This is a Fly Sky FS-R6B receiver mated to an arduino and is ready to go. It has the receiver LED fail-safe mode mod that will put the drone in land mode upon loss of signal. I offer no support for this receiver, but I have tested it in my other drone. I have no idea what transmitters it is compatible with besides for a Fly Sky. But I assume it will bind with most modern transmitters. For those who have done the RC mod, you should already know how to use this. For anyone else, just consider it a bonus.

And just now I got an e-mail saying:

I got the receiver maybe you can explain to me in detail what this photograph you sent me means. I see that there is a wire goes to ground and set up. So I guess I need you to explain to me what that is all about I'm not sure.

I had sent a reference photo of where the jumpers go. But what part of 'I offer no support' is not clear? It's obvious this person does not have a clue as to how to use the mod.

Silly Me!

Here was my original listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270905140962
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »

It's quite clear that this guy is just a moron, plane (get it?) and simple!  rotflmao
If you haven't left him feedback, I'd leave the required positive with some well thought out BOLD words to express his stupidity for others to see.
poppo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »

If you haven't left him feedback, I'd leave the required positive with some well thought out BOLD words to express his stupidity for others to see.

I always leave positive feedback as soon as I get paid. I always hate when sellers wait until you leave feedback, but I may need to rethink that statagy.

I did answer the question about the jumpers, but I gave him/her a link to this 103 page thread about the mod, and told them to start reading.  Tongue Out

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1420951
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 11:32:56 PM »

I've noticed that too; when I'm the BUYER and I pay instantly, the seller still waits! But now I'm waiting just awhile after the seller pays just to sort of feel out the situation. Still, I think you handled this in an incredibly commendable way!  Clap
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »

I always leave positive feedback as soon as I get paid. I always hate when sellers wait until you leave feedback, but I may need to rethink that statagy.

I usually leave feedback after the buyer leaves his/her feedback.

If the buyer doesn't leave feedback, no harm or foul, I would rather have no feedback versus negative feedback.

I don't think feedback has the weight that it used to, unless there is a really high percent of negative.

To repeat others in this post, there are idiots everywhere and once in awhile you bump into one or two.

I see this bonehead has his/her own items for sale, too bad there isn't anything less than $10 cause I would do some shopping.... like a rat on a cheeto!

Better days ahead Poppo
poppo

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 11:47:34 PM »

I don't think feedback has the weight that it used to, unless there is a really high percent of negative.

I agree, and I know there will be the day I get dinged with a negative. But it dang well better not be over the box it was shipped in.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 12:59:50 AM »

I sold a four-wheeler gas tank for my son one time.
Boy that was a mistake.
After cleaning it out, packing it and shipping it...we lost about $5 on it.
I know it's not much but I would have had that $5 for a nice banana split sundae on a warm summer evening!
What a waste of time it was to try and sell that thing!
Next time I don't want something - I'm just gonna throw it in the garbage can.
It's the ONLY sale I've ever made on ebay and I've been a member since 2001.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 02:13:40 AM »

Boy that was a mistake.
I know it's not much but I would have had that $5 for a nice banana split sundae on a warm summer evening!
Bunker,

That was your only sale because you and I are alike, we don't get rid of anything! wave Tongue Out Crazy Cry Laughing

You have me beat as I have NEVER sold anything on eBay! yes propeller yes

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »

Boy that was a mistake.
Bunker,

That was your only sale because you and I are alike, we don't get rid of anything! wave Tongue Out Crazy Cry Laughing

You have me beat as I have NEVER sold anything on eBay! yes propeller yes

CH CaptainHappy

Looks like Bunker DOES NOT get rid of anything.

(Got to be fun to ride in the mud lol)

Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing   Cry Laughing

Ron (r273)

* Bunker's ride.jpg (302.59 KB, 1440x1080 - viewed 265 times.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:11:23 PM by r273 » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »

Hey! That puppy still runs great! Starts up one quick pull of the ripcord!  Cry Laughing
But I'm lazy so I just push the button on the handle to get it going....lol
Slots_007
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »

Hmmm....Is this the Drone that you are talking about??

http://www.youtube.com/user/glasspony2010/videos

+1 to Google Search Engine with the keyword glasspony2010

poppo

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »

Hmmm....Is this the Drone that you are talking about??

http://www.youtube.com/user/glasspony2010/videos

+1 to Google Search Engine with the keyword glasspony2010

Probably not since those videos were from 4 months ago. But it was one like that (or most of one minus the motors).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.