Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Olympic Games - Opening Ceremony....what did you think?????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Olympic Games - Opening Ceremony....what did you think?????  (Read 2035 times)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« on: July 28, 2012, 02:34:17 AM »

Ok, so here we are....diligently watching the opening ceremony....thinking  wtf1 wtf1 wtf1   ???

Is it just me or did London miss this one by half a click? Seems more like a jumbled mess of unchoreographed "stuff" than an orchestrated performance? Just didnt get it really, no continuing story or timeline, but then i may have fell asleep in the first 30 minutes due to all of the "excitement" and missed something???   zzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Dunno, hopefully its just me...

-Roslyn

crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:18 AM »

I thought it was good. They knew they couldn't compete with Beijing so they didn't get caught up in the hype of trying to make it bigger and better. It definitely jumped around a bit but I thought it showcased GB's history especially with their music. I found it entertaining that they had a segment on free healthcare, it was directed right at us. All of the nurses and doctors in the skit were real doctors and nurses.

I may be too easy on the critique though, I'm an Olympic junkie. I've got hours each day already set up on the DVR and I'll watch every event that I can. I was a discus thrower in college and the Olympics is the ultimate show of sport to me. No other time in the world would you have people from 204 nations all standing in the same place and interacting. Social, political, and economic issues that are out in the real world every day are forgot about for those few weeks every 4 years and true sportsmanship and humanity is shown. The Olympics is a magical time, IMO.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:08:27 AM »

Ok, so maybe it was just me? Beijing was pretty tough to beat. Just seemed toooooo jumpy for me...like every time i looked, i thought i had missed something, but didnt!

crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »

Yeah it was definitely jumpy... But the guy who produced it is the producer of Slumdog Millionaire so I pretty much expected it to. The first transition from simple farm life to the industrial revolution made sense, but from that to the healthcare then to the digital age was the confusing piece for me. It needed some artsy interpretation to make sense. I don't have an artsy bone in my body but I took their word for it  frying pan

I thought it was awesome that they incorporated J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter. Being a potter nerd, that was fun to see.

All in all it definitely wasn't Beijing but then again I don't know that anyone will ever live up to that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.