Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:23:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  WORTHLESS appliances? CUISINART HIGH-PRICED SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WORTHLESS appliances? CUISINART HIGH-PRICED SHIT!  (Read 19863 times)
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 03:59:52 AM »

Well I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but I've got one of those Cuisinarts - actually it's my second - and I like it. The first one did have its problems, I admit, including the valve in the filter basket clogging and overflowing as Kirk describes. I just removed the valve. I also had trouble with the timer board, which being a geek I was able to fix. But when I saw one on sale for $40 (woot.com) I bought it, as I'd had the other about 5 years. The new one has had a lot of things fixed on it and so far (6 months on) I've had no problems. I particularly like the stainless steel vacuum pot, which keeps coffee hot and fresh for hours with no heat under it. Frankie hates the grind noise, though. I can't run it when she's in earshot.

I didnt kill the vac pot..still have that part.
But PLEASE unplug the piece of crap when you are not using it! if you look on consumeraffairs.com you will find complaints where they have started fires, one family was burned out of their home before XMAS, same exact model I trashed...

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »

French Press comes to mind as well.
Just do not boil the water you want it about 200-204 degrees

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »

Keurig is the way to go..............................

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 01:58:38 AM »

Been through six coffee makers in 5 months. Everything from $150 models to cheap mr coffee. Best one yet is a Delonghi I picked up at Sams Club for like $43. Easy to load, brews good coffee. Give it a try
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 02:20:16 AM »

Been through six coffee makers in 5 months. Everything from $150 models to cheap mr coffee. Best one yet is a Delonghi I picked up at Sams Club for like $43. Easy to load, brews good coffee. Give it a try

Well....
Quite to my surprise, Cuisinart replaced the Grind & Brew FREE OF CHARGE!
They sent me an E-mail offering to have UPS pick up what was left of the "Wreckage". It was already on it's way to a local Las Vegas landfill by that time and I told them that. I provided them with pictures of what was left after I beat that thing to pieces.
They then sent me an E-Mail telling me a new unit was on the way. Sure enough! a week later a BRAND NEW/IMPROVED model arrived with a free "Gold Tone" filter.
The new one works fine, does what it should. No overflow, quieter grinder.
I have to admit, Cuisinart did stand behind their product and tried to make me happy.
For that I publically thank them for their standing behind a product!
These are the pictures sent to Cuisinart's director of marketing.....

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »

Pictures....

* CIMG2649.JPG (609.79 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 217 times.)

* CIMG2652.JPG (606.3 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 199 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 03:12:48 AM »

Kudos+ to the Cuisinart company!!!!
That's great what they did! Hail applause Clap Clap
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »

Kirk          Do you leave the new one plugged in?????

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 03:47:49 AM »

Kirk          Do you leave the new one plugged in?????

NOPE!!!  still dont trust it!!

tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 04:01:04 AM »

WOW!....I also extend Kudos to Cuisinart for standing behind their product!  applause

I too have one of their Coffee Makers and am not thrilled with it.
It gets too hot...even with the adjustable temp dial. This causes
bitter tasting coffee. Other than that it's OK...just gotta get the
coffee while it's fresh.  Duh!

Thank God for Friends!!!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »

Cuisinart must follow NewLifeGames!!!!!

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

I am glad that they made the effort to do something for you Kirk! Clap Clap Clap

I would give K+ to them (Cuisinart) if I knew their username here! HA HA Just Kidding!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 05:16:18 AM »

I'm glad to hear that Cuisinart stood behind their product. That says a lot for the company. applause applause

However, I'll stick with my Bodum French press and my Chemex. yes  Unless I'm a klutz and drop them -- which hasn't happened yet in over five years -- they will last me the rest of my life. No plugs, no heaters or machine parts to fail, and easy to keep sparkling clean. Actually, I did buy two replacement flasks for the press, thinking that I would break the beaker, but it never happened. Tongue Out coffee coffee

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »

I'm glad to hear that Cuisinart stood behind their product. That says a lot for the company. applause applause

However, I'll stick with my Bodum French press and my Chemex. yes  Unless I'm a klutz and drop them -- which hasn't happened yet in over five years -- they will last me the rest of my life. No plugs, no heaters or machine parts to fail, and easy to keep sparkling clean. Actually, I did buy two replacement flasks for the press, thinking that I would break the beaker, but it never happened. Tongue Out coffee coffee

You know that if you had not bought the extra flasks, you would have broken yours in the first year and had no replacement!!! Murphy's Law! Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »

Cuisinart must follow NewLifeGames!!!!!

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

I am glad that they made the effort to do something for you Kirk! Clap Clap Clap

I would give K+ to them (Cuisinart) if I knew their username here! HA HA Just Kidding!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

CH CaptainHappy

rotflmao I'll betcha somebody at Cuisinart has a slot!  Tongue Out
StatFreak

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 01:58:25 PM »

rotflmao I'll betcha somebody at Cuisinart has a slot!  Tongue Out

I wonder if Cuisinart makes slot processors? Scratch Head 2 Weird Eyes Crazy bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
If they end up still in business in the 24th century, maybe they'll make Food-Slot processors! (Think ST:TNG) Crazy garfield

You know that if you had not bought the extra flasks, you would have broken yours in the first year and had no replacement!!! Murphy's Law! Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Of course! I'm still positive that my original will break -- exactly one day after I sell the extras on fleapay.  Duh!  frying pan  rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rotornaut
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

I have a super cheap 8 cup coffee maker from Target. Costed 8 bucks. 1.50 for 300 filters, it has never failed, aluminum pot so it will never break. Not to hard to use lol. I do have to give Keurig the shout out though if I wanted to throw 150 bucks at something like that it would be the one, the instant brewing is nice and clean.
I am also impressed that Cuisinart stepped up and made things OK. Not many companies stand by the crap they have made.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »

Well....
Quite to my surprise, Cuisinart replaced the Grind & Brew FREE OF CHARGE!
They sent me an E-mail offering to have UPS pick up what was left of the "Wreckage". It was already on it's way to a local Las Vegas landfill by that time and I told them that. I provided them with pictures of what was left after I beat that thing to pieces.
They then sent me an E-Mail telling me a new unit was on the way. Sure enough! a week later a BRAND NEW/IMPROVED model arrived with a free "Gold Tone" filter.
The new one works fine, does what it should. No overflow, quieter grinder.
I have to admit, Cuisinart did stand behind their product and tried to make me happy.
For that I publically thank them for their standing behind a product!
These are the pictures sent to Cuisinart's director of marketing.....

Kirk

I have 2 Cuisinart coffee makers, one at home and one at my cottage, as well as a Cuisinart Grinder(one coffeemaker is the same as on 2 and a half men, no grinder) and a can opener.  I like their products and haven't had any problems with them.  I do always take out the pause and serve parts so that my mother inlaw doesn't make coffee without the part that pushes it open.

Thanks,
Wayne
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:04:47 AM by a69mopar » Logged

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »

I love this site...who woulda thunk it a bunch of slot guys would
carry on a topic about a coffeemaker into well over 40 posts?... bust gut laughing  You gotta love it! Crazy
StatFreak

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 07:38:11 PM »

I love this site...who woulda thunk it a bunch of slot guys would
carry on a topic about a coffeemaker into well over 40 posts?... bust gut laughing  You gotta love it! Crazy

Hee hee. At least the thread's not in the Tech-Talk forum! Duh! frying pan I can just picture it there, with detailed pictorials of coffeemaker repairs and which diodes to buy to replace the ones that burned up in the coffeemaker when the house caught fire, and where to get the best deal on the diodes.  Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

What truly amazes me is that this thread, which now has 43 posts, has only ONE by Buzz. But then again, he doesn't really worry about how the coffee gets made, as long as there is plenty of it around. coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee  (just kidding with ya', Buzz)

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »

Ok Stout, we need a coffee maker with a max (bet) brew button!

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
StatFreak

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2010, 11:36:06 PM »

Ok Stout, we need a coffee maker with a max (bet) brew button!
bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
...and a slot machine with an Automatic Drip button -- for when the mother-in-law comes over!  frying pan Duh! rotflmao rotflmao

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2010, 11:40:27 PM »

You know guys...you're blowing this way outta proportion... Tongue Out
StatFreak

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 11:49:55 PM »

You know guys...you're blowing this way outta proportion... Tongue Out

You mean your mother-in-law isn't a big drip? Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2010, 01:19:27 AM »

What truly amazes me is that this thread, which now has 43 posts, has only ONE by Buzz. But then again, he doesn't really worry about how the coffee gets made, as long as there is plenty of it around. coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee  (just kidding with ya', Buzz)

I imagine every time he starts to post in this thread, he gets thirsty for another coffee... And that's the end of that.  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Thanks,
Bill
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 01:46:45 AM »

Ok, lets steer this back to slots. Here's a game that fits this thread.  rotflmao

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=coffee-magic&page=detail&id=11596
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.