Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:18:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  EARTHQUAKE !!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EARTHQUAKE !!!!  (Read 7479 times)
stormrider
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »

Anybody feel the earthquake about 20 minutes ago up here in the Northeast
was sitting at the pc my chair and tv starting shaking for a good 20 seconds.
Niagara Falls area.

Yeah now confirmed
The United States Geological Survey is reporting an earthquake with a magnitude of 5.5 occurred 38 miles north of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada at 1:41 EST.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:28:33 PM by stormrider » Logged
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »

Yup felt it here I'm up that way and the whole building shook. Haven't heard any confimation if it was a quake or not. Least I can explain why my typing is so bad... Cry Laughing frying pan
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »

Yup felt it here I'm up that way and the whole building shook. Haven't heard any confimation if it was a quake or not. Least I can explain why my typing is so bad... Cry Laughing frying pan

sSo,  ttThHaytt  xEplLaIinnzzS  ItT !!  Crazy Crazy  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

A 5.5 magnitude quake is respectable, even on the west coast.  yes

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »

It's extremely rare but I have reports of 4.2 here in upstate NY...
I was in the pool at that exact time so I never felt it.
M wife saw the LCD big screen shaking like crazy as she was watching Judge Judy...LOL
I'm so far upstate that Canada is less than 15 minutes away from me.
One of our members, Westec1,  is extremely close to the epicenter in Ontario!
I hope his machines didn't fall over!!!
Thor777

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »

M wife saw the LCD big screen shaking like crazy as she was watching Judge Judy...LOL

It lasted 20 seconds and was a 5.5 in Buffalo

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »

We had one years ago when we lived in Erie, PA.... but they are rare....

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »

we never get nutten in ct... i want a earthquake or a tornado bust gut laughing bust gut laughing i never experienced either Scratch Head....
rickh

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:26 AM »

dude.. a good shaker in CT might change all those liberals to conservatives....

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 02:21:06 AM »

probably  Cry Laughing bust gut laughing rotflmao
westec1

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 03:41:58 AM »

I'm about 40 miles from the epicenter, it was a 5.5 and lasted about 30 seconds here, no machines falling over, lol,  
but it shook things up pretty good, every thing here is ok, scared the crap out of me though, were not use to these things up here

Wes

MODERATOR: Wes, I took your post out of the quote. SF garfield
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:30:27 AM by StatFreak » Logged

Wes propeller
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »

Ya know, strange things with nature over the last 10 years. My in-laws outiside of OKC are getting earthquakes regularly now.  Scratch Head Tornados in areas of the south that never had them before. I wonder whats going on?

Dan (tacman)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:22:58 PM by tacman » Logged

westec1

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »

Hi  Dan (tacman)

The weather is getting weird, we use to never get tornadoes up here, now we are getting them, especially in south western Ontario,
it looks like a couple of small ones in the Midland area touched down yesterday as well.

Wes

Wes propeller
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

Well today we are getting ready to build an ark here in the Western NY area. Raining non stop for hours, thunder, lightning etc... My next life I am coming back as a weatherman it is the only job I know of where you can be 100% wrong ALL the time and still be employed the next day. Tongue Out They said morning showers and then clearing with sun. Complete opposite and I trusted them and road my scooter today.. geesh Duh!
rickh

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »

Cyclic changes... as opposed to global warming.... things shift back and forth, as far as anyone can tell. Our weather rarely alters here in AZ... hot or hotter... hard to mess up Smiley

uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »

we never get nutten in ct... i want a earthquake or a tornado bust gut laughing bust gut laughing i never experienced either Scratch Head....

Now see what you have done!   rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
Careful what you wish for.

Suspected tornado shatters largest city in Conn.           
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – A suspected tornado tore through Connecticut's largest city Thursday — a rare occurrence in the state — toppling trees and power lines and collapsing a building as a powerful line of storms swept across parts of the Northeast. Remarkably, no serious injuries were reported.

Hundreds of bricks shook loose from buildings, trees split in half and crushed cars, and a billboard hung precariously several stories up over Main Street. Rescuers searched what was left of a collapsed building before determining no one was inside.

The office of Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch declared a state of emergency after the fast-moving system of wind and rain.

Jacqueline Arroyo, 44, said she saw a black cloud and ran inside to her third-floor apartment, where the window exploded. Trees were blown so ferociously they appeared to be coming out of the ground, and people were screaming, she said.

"All the wind started coming inside the house. I heard 'boom, boom!'" she said. "It was so fast but terrifying."

A jail was without power, Finch said. The mayor urged residents to stay indoors and remain calm, and Gov. M. Jodi Rell was surveying damage to the city.

There were no reports of anyone trapped in buildings, said Assistant Police Chief Lynn Kerwin.

A Catholic high school, a museum dedicated to P.T. Barnum and several other buildings also had roof and window damage. Tree limbs and power lines blocked traffic on some roads in Bridgeport, a former industrial and manufacturing center of about 135,000 residents that has taken steps in recent years to revitalize areas downtown and waterfront properties.

United Illuminating reported nearly 21,100 customers without power after the storms, along with about 3,800 customers of Connecticut Light & Power.

There were unconfirmed sightings of a tornado, Finch said. A tornado warning had been issued for the area, but National Weather Service meteorologist Richard Castro said the agency would have to survey the area to confirm that one had hit.

Edward Beardsley said the noise of the storm hurt his ears and the force of the wind sent him to the other end of his house.

"It was a noise I never heard before. The noise — it killed my ears. My two cats still won't come out from under the bed."

Describing the storm, he said, "Everything was pitch black and going in a circle down the road."

Winds that were part of a powerful storm gusted at 78 mph at Sikorsky Memorial Airport at Stratford and blew over some planes.

The Connecticut storm was part of a system that destroyed a historic town hall and other buildings in Edgerton, Ohio, the night before, and brought torrential rains and high winds to the Philadelphia area on Thursday afternoon.

The storm contributed to the collapse of a church and a banquet hall in Philadelphia with no injuries reported, fire officials said.

Winds extensively damaged the roof of a day care center in Primos-Secane, but no children were hurt, officials said.

Power was cut to thousands in the area.

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 09:30:24 PM »

I was in Brampton for the quake, then drove to monroe county Mi,  the hotel evacuated the rooms to the main floor center hall due to tornado warnings,  the area had been hit 2 weeks ago and they were definitely shaken.  Some were staying at the hotel because their homes were hit.  It ended up being a bad storm (last night) but we made the best of the situation and played cards until the sirens ended.

Thanks,
Wayne 

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
eis_slots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 19

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 04:08:32 AM »

could 2012 be coming true  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

hope not lol
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 05:02:02 AM »

Global warming is causing the earthquakes. yes

Crazy rotflmao bust gut laughing

Thanks,
Bill
racergiant

Total Karma Storms: 105

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 06:05:04 AM »

Nah - it's BP's fault with that leaking oil well.  It's letting the pressure out and the central U.S. crust is slowly settling causing more pressure on the Pacific plate down here in SoCal...

Check it out...
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/FaultMaps/116-33_eqs.html

http://www.logomyway.com/contestView.php?contestId=1746

* BP Logo.png (21.41 KB, 225x180 - viewed 187 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.