Classic car restoration.

(1/4) > >>

Slam:
Hey all, Slots are my secondary hobby. I spend most of my spare time working on old cars. Unfortunately, mostly on other peoples cars instead of my own. Currently I am doing a ground up resto on my 64 Galaxie 500 2 door sedan. Frame was completely stripped down & refinished. I painted it electric blue with pearl white flames, installed all new suspension components, rebuilt the diff, etc. While the body was off the frame, I replaced some floor pans, stripped the complete underside & refinished. Engine: started out with a 74 302 / c4 trans. stroked it to a 347, swapped to a built c6 trans.worked over a set of 65 289 closed chamber heads. comp cams roller rockers, cam, lifters, springs, gear drive, Keith b pistons (running around 10.2 : 1 compression) billet electronic ignition, crane cams control box. & so on. Just dropped the body on the frame, & installed the engine & tranny last week. Time to get crackin on the body.

camapl:
It's awesome to see the old steel being put back in play!  Keep at it and don't forget to show us pictures along the way!

Slam:
I sure will.

kenokarz:
Very nice, I did a couple of Chevy nomads, frame off , more work and hours than I ever thought I would put into them,
But we'll worth it , sweet ride,you have there,

Slam:
Thank you. You still have the Nomads?  It's funny how a quick fix-up job on a car can turn into a 2 year project.                                                                                                                         Famous words anyone who restore's anything has used-     "While I have it apart I might as well ....."  :279-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page