Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  bally 1090-1 problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally 1090-1 problems  (Read 7187 times)
deity2
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: December 28, 2010, 03:04:59 AM »

i've already done a lot of things to this but am having a few things i can't figure out...first, without coins in and you put light pressure on handle you can hear the coil under the coin mech "clicking"......next, after a coin is inserted and handle is pulled the first reel and second reel just "clunk"..the third reel only rolls a few turns then locks in place...third...the win meter doesn't "zero" out after each play...it just keeps counting...and lastly the payout is not right....thanks for any help...bob
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »

Sounds like this machine needs a good cleaning and oiling. The reel problem sounds like the levers that start the reels spinning are all gummed up from years of no oil. Get your self a light machine oil and put a drop or 2 on every pivot point and see if you can move the shafts or levers a little by hand to help the oil to inside where its needed. I had a machine not want to spin the reels that had been sitting in a basement for years and all it was lack of lubrication. Make sure to oil the hub Assembly's too where the reel pivot on the shaft. Sound like the hopper needs to be lubricated too. Make sure the hopper is return back to the stop on the spiral cam and that the zero switch is closing. How far off are your pay outs?

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
deity2

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »

hey gary...i cleaned and re-oiled every little moving part on the reel assembly and the counter did work at one time on this and it is seating too.....as far as payouts go if i hit a cherry the payout should be 2 it pays 3 for one coin...if it should be 4 it pays 6 for two coins ....if it should be 6 it pays 9 for three coins.....the correct payout has never worked right when i got it.....will a reel assembly from a 1091 work in this unit if i just change the reels? the one i have is from a machine that i don't even know if it works...thanks bob
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 01:51:02 AM »

take out the reel unit and put it on a table and crank the reels and watch how they lock it sounds like they are still slow operating or not setting at all if you are sure they are clean operate them by hand to see if they are free and check springs
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:36:27 AM »

I don't know if you can use the reel mechanism from the 1091 in the 1090? I would have to look it over and compare both side by side. It's going to take some time to free up the reel mechanism levers and shafts if that machine has been sitting for a while. Just work one one thing at a time. As for the hopper not paying correctly, that's not that hard to fix. It could be as simple as adjusting the spiral cam stop, or having to rotating the hopper wiper board a bit. That would be my last fix after getting the other issues fixed first. It sounds like that machine just needs some TLC of cleaning and oiling the whole machine, and checking the operation of all the blade switches...

deity2

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 11:05:17 PM »

well first off they don't interchange...the plugs in back are about an inch off...also the 1090-1 pays left to right and right to left...the 1091 only pays one way...i had the whole assembly on my bench and with reel bundle out i pulled on the loop part in back on the right side (behind plunger)..i did this to see if i could see anything...all it did was clunck right back into place...everything underneath has been cleaned and lubed...i don't see how it could spin with the locks engaging right away..it's like there should be a timer or something to release it slowly...i can't figure this out...
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »

When I started working on the Bally machines, one of the first things I did was make myself a tool so I could spin the reel assembly and watch it operate. Sound like you need to see if that other 1091 assembly works correctly. If it does watch how every lever and shaft work. The reels do have a timer on the left side of the Assembly. If your reels are locking out as soon as they as released, then your possible missing a spring... But to me is sounds like you have a lever or a shaft still sticking and not releasing as it should. Is it all 3 reels doing this or just 1 or 2?

deity2

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 02:58:50 AM »

well first it was just the first 2 reels sticking but the 3rd  reel didn't work too well at all but it did kinda work, now none of them work...just "clunk"...i freed all the little levers and other small parts too..i just went out for round 50 on this thing and i think (hope) i found the problem...on the left side where all the small gears are is the little ratchet with the 2 springs on either side, well the gear under that seems to be slipping or the ratchet part is...i'm going to take the one off the 1091 tomorrow and see what happens (the whole clock assembly unit) i would of done it tonight but i can't find my roll pin punch...go figure...thanks for the input gary
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:52:31 AM by deity2 » Logged
Op-Bell

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 02:25:13 AM »

One off on the payout probably means the wipers are returning too far, a little bit before the zero position on the payout disk. There are plenty of posts in this section about how to set that up, so I won't repeat it.
deity2

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 01:10:25 AM »

shees
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 01:57:06 AM »

Were you ever able to fix the reel problem with this machine? Last thing I knew, you were going to change out the clock assembly...  Scratch Head

deity2

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 02:19:54 AM »

hey gary...i haven't been out in the shop in the last couple days...exhaust fell off my truck so i did that first now the weather is sooooo cold i just haven't been out in the shop...i'm off to pick up another machine tomorrow so hopefully when i get back i'll fire up the stove and get at it again...i guess it's all for the best anyway...this break from them is nice so now i'll have a fresh look at it.....happy new year!!!
Op-Bell

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 02:25:27 AM »

Nobody should be fixing machines (or exhausts) on New Year's Eve anyway. For that matter, nobody should be answering posts on the forum on NYE - wait a minute - oh, that's so sad (me). I better get ready and go out before it's all over. Happy New Year and good luck tomorrow deity2.
deity2

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »

i hear ya op-bell  lol  have a safe one and happy new year!!...i guess i'll be the only one behaving Crazy
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 02:52:24 AM »

Well keep me posted on your progress... 10 minutes till the ball drops then I'm off to bed... Happy New Year everyone... Plastered Buddies cheers champagne Drinking Wine love whiskey

deity2

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 03:24:37 AM »

i will gary...have a good night
deity2

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 01:39:26 AM »

ok , good news for me...the new clock did the trick...the machine works great except for the payout issue...i'll have to do as op-bell said and look that up in past posts to see about ajustments...bob (gonna start new post about new machine and problems...go figure)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.