Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:47:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally e2090 HELP
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally e2090 HELP  (Read 14933 times)
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:14 AM »

I have a Bally e2090 Quarter Slot Machine that does not work…. I am trying to determine what the problem is:

With the hopper in the Slot machine the controller board LED does not light up (not sure if it suppose to).

When I do get the machine to register the quarters and am able to pull the handle I can get the wheels to turn they just will not latch.

So now when I turn the machine and put a credit on it I get the TILT light and a display 20 .0.00 in the

All and any help is greatly appreciated…
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:20:52 AM »

Hi.. Your display is showing a code 20, that means there is a coin switch jam. Check the coin switch on the front door under the coin acceptor to see if it is working. Lets get that code cleared before we address the reels not stopping. That could be a bad reel reader board. Do you have a manual for the Bally E-Series machines? I've attached a list of malfunction codes at the bottom of this post. If you can buy your self a manual for this machine. It will have a lot of useful information on how to use the slot machine to help you determan whats wrong with it using the different maintenance tests built in it... Foxsslot offers one, here's that link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BALLY-E-SERIES-OPERATORS-MANUAL-/150408036611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2305048103

* Bally code sheet.pdf (461.59 KB - downloaded 239 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 01:36:55 AM »

Thanks I will get back to you......
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:03:02 AM »

Hi.. Your display is showing a code 20, that means there is a coin switch jam. Check the coin switch on the front door under the coin acceptor to see if it is working. Lets get that code cleared before we address the reels not stopping. That could be a bad reel reader board. Do you have a manual for the Bally E-Series machines? I've attached a list of malfunction codes at the bottom of this post. If you can buy your self a manual for this machine. It will have a lot of useful information on how to use the slot machine to help you determan whats wrong with it using the different maintenance tests built in it... Foxsslot offers one, here's that link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BALLY-E-SERIES-OPERATORS-MANUAL-/150408036611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2305048103

OK, so I got the error code 20 problem corrected, I was applying credits manually with finger..... (both door switches are closed so I can work on the machine) after clearing the error 20 I dropped 3 quarters in and each quarter registered by a tone. Now the handle will not pull, I imagine that is because the solenoid will not engage.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:36:56 AM »

Did you reset the machine using the hopper control board buttons? You should have 2 test buttons/switch's on the top of the hopper control board. Push down the left one, then the right one, your machine should cycle the solenoids. Now close the door and try a coin and see what happens. If you had a manual I would have you run test 2. This test will run a output/load test of the machines solenoids, bulbs, coils, etc...

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:34:30 AM »

Did you reset the machine using the hopper control board buttons? You should have 2 test buttons/switch's on the top of the hopper control board. Push down the left one, then the right one, your machine should cycle the solenoids. Now close the door and try a coin and see what happens. If you had a manual I would have you run test 2. This test will run a output/load test of the machines solenoids, bulbs, coils, etc...

OK so I opened the door to the machine, pressed the reset button, I then pressed the second button. I did not here or see any of the coils cycle......

Any other suggestions?

P.S. I did check all my fuse with my digital MM (on beep mode)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »

Ok.. So your saying with the door open and the machine powered on, when you push the second button, the one on the right you don't here your machine reset? There should be a loud clunk as the reel solenoids cycle. With the door closed is there a number in the display? Should say 50.000 or 71.000. At that point you should be able to insert a coin and play the machine, if not then a new code should appear in the display... Try running test 2 by pushing the hopper control boards 1st button 2 times. your front display should show a 2 then start the test. The machine will cycle through the all the solenoids bulbs and coils. See if the handle coil/solenoid cycles. To stop the test close the door or push the 2nd button on the control board...

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 03:17:26 AM »

Followed your instructions and I get the following....

Open Door, turn machine on, after i press the reset button 2x the only thing that responds to the reset button is the relay behind the hopper, then the loud noise comes on till i close the door... I then use the outside key to clear the machine (from opening the door) and then get the 50 code on the display, I thought the 50 cod was door open?

Thanks for your help.... I can take video and upload to YouTube if that would help.

Mike   Scratch Head:99-
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 06:50:35 AM »

either you mistyped or did not understand the prior posts - the 2 test - runs the IO test - on the hopper the LEFT BUTTON is the RESET - the RIGHT BUTTON is the TEST.   
Turn machine on -  door open - key out of door lock.   Press the RESET button - then the TEST BUTTON  2 times -  the WIN METER on door will show 2 on the left and various numbers on the right as the test progresses - you will see the lights  activate and the various coils as well - If you do not hear any of the coils activate (divertor on door - handle relay - or the reels locking)  - then you are not getting 50v.
Make sure you have CHECKED the fuses  and the power supply. 
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

Code 50 is a door open code, but it doesn't clear until you insert a coin and play the game the first time. Will your machine now allow you to insert a coin and pull the handle?

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »

either you mistyped or did not understand the prior posts - the 2 test - runs the IO test - on the hopper the LEFT BUTTON is the RESET - the RIGHT BUTTON is the TEST.   
Turn machine on -  door open - key out of door lock.   Press the RESET button - then the TEST BUTTON  2 times -  the WIN METER on door will show 2 on the left and various numbers on the right as the test progresses - you will see the lights  activate and the various coils as well - If you do not hear any of the coils activate (divertor on door - handle relay - or the reels locking)  - then you are not getting 50v.
Make sure you have CHECKED the fuses  and the power supply. 

I will recheck tonight after work, I will post pictures maybe......

The only fuses that I am aware of are the Block of fuses n the back of the machine and the fuse on the hopper.... is there any others I should know of?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »

You are correct, those are the fuses in the machine. There are 2 different power supplies. The transformer is your 50V source, and the circuit board one mounted on the back wall of the machine. That one supplies the 5v, the 7.5v, and the 10v used in the machine. You can check the voltage with your multimeter. I have attached a pic of the power supply and the contact points to check the voltages. Put the black lead to ground and the red to the voltage you want to check.

* power supply.JPG (369.51 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 252 times.)

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »

I think we are making some progress........ And thank you for the picture details,

I have all the Voltages on the powers supply per your picture and I was able to determine a fuse holder was bad with some further inspection.. I replaced the holder and fuse and now I get a Solenoid engagement when I press the TEST button, and when I drop quarters in the machine they are registered...... Now I pull the handle and the reels spin (very slow) but do not engage.

Any other suggestions?     frying pan
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

Does the win meter diplay show a number in it? Were looking for a error code... As for the reels turning slow, maybe a drop or 2 of a light weight machine oil on the shaft were they spin.

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »

Sop when I turn the machine on and drop the quaters in and pull the handle I get the following error codes

42 and a 2
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »

reel reader 2 is malfunctioning (42) the 2 means you played 2 coins.  try switching readers - see if the symptom moves.
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »

Awsome, I will make sure I will mark each reel reader so I will not get confused on whitch reader is what....

Thanks alot.   Hail
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »

42 means that your second reel reader is not working correctly, and the 2 should be how many coins you played... If you move it to the 3rd reel and its bad you should get a number 43 code

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 03:51:20 AM »

Wow so far what a difference finding that bad fuse holder... Thanks for pointing me in power supply direction......

Now as mentioned before I am getting the reel error and took your advice on moving the reel op-to around to alternative locations, now what I keep coming up with is the reel 2 locks no matter what position the op-to boards are in an once in a while none of the reels lock.

This seems to be very erratic... And sometimes all three reels will lock....

Do you really think all tree op-to boards are bad? Maybe something else that I am not aware off.....

Leave it up to the experts.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 12:37:14 PM »

Well I'm not an expert, but I have learned what I know from the people here and from the books I've read. You failed to mention where you moved the #2 reel reader too? Are you still seeing error codes in the win meter if the machines not working correctly? If the #1 reel readers bad you should see a code 41, for the 2nd reel it will be code 42 and for the 3rd reel it will be code 43. It is possible that you have more then 1 bad. It could be that they need to be cleaned or just readjusted. If the gap is too big or too small will affect how they work. Make sure they are straight, and parallel to the disk. This is something you will learn in time and with practice.

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »

So with the advice of adjusting the opto's and thinking of the temperature of my garage I decided to leave the machine on for a few hours to warm up the insides for normal operating conditions.... Now the reels are locking in nicely...... No the hopper does not turn for a payout. The motor is not locked up I am able to turn the wheel (when the anti reverse lock is centered) I get the error 32 (Roller arm down too long)

Is there someway to test the hopper motor or controller board?

Almost there
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 03:30:15 PM »

Sounds like the Hopper control boards bad. The only way I know to test then is in another machine or with a meter one resistor and diode at a time. The MAC15-6 TRIAC usually go bad, it's a switch on the board, and I've found that the large diode on the top go bad. Both can be bought and replace for under $20.00. I've attached a pic with the parts circled in question. Once again these can be bought at Foxsslots. I've also attached the link to the parts needed... If I remember right you can test the motor by attaching 110v to the motor for a short time. I saw it in a post once but I could find it again today when I went looking for it, but don't quote me on this. I'd put my money on the board first if you can turn the hopper motor over.. If these machines are in a cold garage they need to be warmed up to work and test them. They don't like the cold...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bally-Slot-Machine-E-Series-1N5626-Diode-E-587-/160516388545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255f85b6c1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bally-Slot-Machine-E-Series-MAC15-6-Triac-/150435337901?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2306a516ad

* Bally Hopper Board.jpg (74.88 KB, 460x749 - viewed 293 times.)

mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »

Thank you for the information, that is a lot cheeper the $79.00 for a new hopper board.

Are Q1 Q2 and Q3 the same part # ?

Thanks Mike
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:18:29 PM by mantaramian » Logged
mantaramian
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »

I am back to the reels acting up. If I leave the machine on for an hour and it warms up the reels work, but if it sits and gets cold in the garage the reels stop working......... Silly Me!
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »

Q1 & Q2 I think are the same, check the writting on them. Q3 is the MAC15-6 TRIAC I replaced. The other 2 are the diodes I found to be bad too... Like I said before, these Bally E-Series don't work if they are cold. It's not a good idea to even turn them on if they are too cold. Same goes for TV's and anything that has circuit boards, at least that's how I was taught...

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.