Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  help and advice
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: help and advice  (Read 10423 times)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: August 19, 2012, 06:34:28 AM »

just purchased another bandit this time a 4reel superline pays right to left and left to right
nothing fancy only plays 1 coin not quite sure of the model but think its the 1971 892-3 this machine came with the incorrect hopper Duh!
now hoppers are as rare as rocking horse sh t over here so thought about altering the one that came with it
now the beau plug in the machine is a 24 pin and the hopper is a 30 pin i have a spare plug to replace the 30 pin but this hopper has an anti cheat relay on it
so i can work out the payout wires and the hopper motor wires but i would like to do away with the cheat relay on the hopper,
there is a cheat relay on the machine itself which we can do away with later so can anyone see any problems i should be aware of
the correct pays are all on the hopper 2 ,5,10 ,14, 18 50 100 200 just the 14 needs a connection or any advice on the anti cheat relay
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »

So what kind of anti cheat is it?  Send a pic????  Give a descrip???
Sounds doable....
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »

wont let me post pics as there to big so will try to make them smaller they are 2.4Mb all are under 3Mb but it comes up with a time out error taking to long to upload seem to have lost me other post as well
was saying that its quite confusing looking at the reel cards and hopper and wondering what wire does what so been through some schematics and came up with these so far now it`s not definitive
so if we can add to it or add any corrections  it would i feel help people out once i have a list of all wires needed i can adapt my hopper i know theres also insert coin light what about winner paid

Reno if i can work out how to post the photos i will never had trouble before but will give it another go

* Scan0004.jpg (592.38 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 334 times.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:23:53 PM by mark the spark » Logged
OldReno

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »

Mark, that's ok.  Try to describe the anti-cheat relay.  Where is it, what color wires going to the coil, how many switches on it, etc.?
You should be able to find the winner paid light by looking at the wire on the light on the door, and that same wire color should go to your hopper, probably 1st to the payout relay switches where it changes color, and then on to the winner paid light pawl which is at the back of your pay board. Should be a normally closed switch on the payout relay.
Sounds like a PROJECT.  (note the CAPS)
You might be able to find those missing pay wires by looking at the 1st reel board, with those symbols on center line and looking at the wire color going out of the board.  (you'll see those other pay wires in the same line of buttons).  However, I notice this pays L to R and R to L, so that will complicate things a bit.
Is this a mix bar pay machine, or straight bars?
Don't go nuts and start soldering until you take time to carefully think this all out. Few things are more frustrating than getting lost in the middle of a project, however it looks like you're keeping good notes, so that's a plus.
Is it a mechanical stepped hopper or solenoid step? If it's as you say a single coin machine, then probably mechanical step, which eliminates some headaches.  If your hopper is solenoid step, then it's likely to get thorny, especially you are adapting a solenoid step hopper into a mechanical step machine.
Anyway, keep posting.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »

hi reno,
the hopper has a cheat relay on the situated above the payout relay has 4 n/o contacts the coil has a grey/green wire on it it
the 4 pairs are
                     grey/             grey black
                     yellow/          brown/grey
                     black-orange/ brown -blue
                     grey-green / grey-green
the payouts are straight bars
the hopper circuit board has no 14 payout wire but that's no problem what i was thinking of doing was making a loom from a beau plug and then manually go through the payouts
with a 50v relay one side to yellow(ground) so when you have a cherry there should be 50v on pin1 1-3 (red with yellow tracer) dabbed down it should pull the relay in slow and laborious i know but certain wires can be omitted
like the black the green and the yellow
i haven`t finished looking through schematics yet but will do soon
also this hopper has a switch which I'm sure is for the weight of coins in the hopper you know the one !!
just a last hope perhaps you or foxslots would know but the circuit board has the serial number MC 45-301 could this be used to determine which hopper it is and from which machine
as i said the beau plug on the hopper is 30 pin the plug in the machine is 24
trouble is due to my addiction to ballys im also restoring 2 others plus 1 waiting in the wings !!!
OldReno

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 06:26:07 PM »

Sometimes they would run the extra payboard wires in the loom, and then just tape them up out of the way.  You may already have one there. I'm thinking it's a 41 (green/red), but you show it as a hi-pay on your pinout...?
I have no idea what that anti-cheat relay does...  Anyone???
Sounds like you got lots of extra plug pins to use.
Stuff to do, talk later.
See if those wires from the anti-cheat go somewhere in the hopper, or just into your beau plug.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »

can anyone help i cant upload pics getting time out but the file size is under the allowed size there about 2.4mb
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »

Try this.  Get at dropbox account   www.dropbox.com - they are free for out size of down loads.
Upload your pictures and post the URLs for people to download.
Jedff

Jeff
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 10:53:43 AM »

hi all,
been working away am only home weekends so slow going at the mo
found a mention of anti cheat relay in marshall fey book page 51 but still the matter of wrong hopper for this machine
have made notes now of hopper beau plug inside machine will now do same for hopper and see what we have that is inbetween the million jobs she wants me to do

mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »

anti cheat relay

* 2 anti.jpg (286.04 KB, 2403x1367 - viewed 327 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 05:16:37 PM »

ok weather is mild and the workshops been tidied up so back to this,have removed the anti cheat relay from the hopper and soldered in a 24 pin plug
some observations: think this was made for europe as the coin mech is not british coin not sure what coinage is  but not worried at the mo
the machine has an anti tilt switch and a door open switch so was thinking of doing away with these as the machine is for home use
when the machine is powered up the coin in switch flicked the arm release not releasing also when winning line appears the hopper does nothing
also the tilt light is on which is not helping
so we have plenty to work on and looking for input on
doing away with the tilt and door switch
have attached some pics

* 2012-12-16 10.12.24.jpg (393.89 KB, 748x609 - viewed 299 times.)

* 2012-12-16 10.12.56.jpg (276.11 KB, 638x481 - viewed 313 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 05:18:22 PM »

tilt light on

* 2012-12-16 10.13.29.jpg (529.52 KB, 886x710 - viewed 303 times.)
Op-Bell

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »

I see it's one of the Dublin machines. By a strange coincidence I have the exact hopper for that machine, in original condition. It has a 24 pin Beau and no extra relays, though I see the hopper frame has a hole sized for a 30 pin with the spare bit covered by a screw-on plate.

No I will not sell you my hopper  Tongue Out  but I will trace out the wiring for you if you need it.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »

op bell a pin out would be fantastic just to see where im going also i like to keep records so thank you very much Hail
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »

weathers warmer so back to this project.
soldered in new 24 pin plug bypassed the tilt switch in the upper cabinet all ready for the plug in.
plugged hopper in and
1/ coin in light on.flick switch coin accepted light comes on no handle release
2/manually operate handle, reels spin light changes back to insert coin
3/ repeat but get a cherry win no payout line up other wins no payout
4/ go through all switches discover one switch under the handle release coil looks made n/c but is not so rectify
5/yess wins now payout but still no handle release circuit
6/check all wins left to right up to 20 payout, discover 20 payout is wired to 18 on hopper board must move to 20
7/ back to handle release circuit look at hopper plug in cab last 2 wires connected to terminals 22 and 23 look at hopper connected to 23 and 24 move 24 to 22  Hail handle release circuit now working
8/ manage to find coin mech to accept the coin im using modern 10p
9/ Cry Laughing discovered flaw in the plan !!!!!

can you guess ?

OldReno

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »

No, I can't guess.  Brain not working this morning...
???
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »

the hopper and coin out shute on the door dont line up Silly Me!
will go back to it tomorrow to see how far out it is not much i suspect but it looks a little low hissy fit
OldReno

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 09:16:34 PM »

Good job.  I'd hire you.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 04:35:09 PM »

ok so made a modification to the coin exit and will tart it up when all is finished just want to get it going for now
now for the next problem
all payouts are fine up to 20 coins but won`t pay 50 100 or 200
absolutely nothing for 50 or 100 but when 200 payout hit it pays 20
where shall we start the hopper pin outs or the hopper board itself?

* door mod 1.jpg (382.34 KB, 1623x2308 - viewed 261 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »

heres a pic of the payouts

* super line 1.jpg (774.22 KB, 2636x2111 - viewed 261 times.)
OldReno

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »

Mark, check your outboard wipers on your payboard.  Make sure they have tension and are contacting the outer pay tabs.  Makes sure the jumper wire is attached that connects both sets of outer wipers together.  They control your high pays.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »

had a look at things home this week on holiday so want to get this going
all pays up to 20 work managed at onetime to get 50 pays working but not for all symbols ie the bars
on a 200 payout the hopper ran away
as this  is not the original hopper most pin outs match so would like to know what the payout board connections should be
ie 2 5 and 10 and 20 pays fine so what and where should the 50 100 and 200 pays and link wires go
will attach photos remember this is not the correct hopper so we can hopefully adapt to suit
and any suggestions for repairng the broken track i did link this out today whilst playing but now looking should i have linked the burnt track to the feed and not the 100 part to the feed

* Hopper facce.jpg (593.69 KB, 2526x2007 - viewed 232 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 03:54:49 PM »

and a view of the rear of it

* Rear of hopper.jpg (516.64 KB, 2350x1996 - viewed 269 times.)
OldReno

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 04:46:30 PM »

Looks like that broken feed track is your problem on the high pays.  I would solder a wire connecting them, make sure that the wiper fingers miss the wire as they step up.  You should be able to solder on to the leftish side of the break, and that would probably make it so that the fingers don't hit your jumper.  I wouldn't worry about the trace part missing, as the outboard wipers don't go that far.  All you should have to do is just connect them up with a soldered jumper.
You could of course, use a thin uninsulated wire, and run it along the original track, and then cover it with some clear nail polish afterwards to hold it in place.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »

thanks oldreno will give that a go
any opinions on where the high pays go
do they go at the bottom and then link out
need to link  out something on the 200 payout ?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.