Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:36:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  1088-1 reel mech cylinder and more issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1088-1 reel mech cylinder and more issues  (Read 4970 times)
ajc2103
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 24, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »

This is my first bally that I am attempting to tinker with. I was having an issue with the reels not spinning and the arm releasing to the start position, so i removed the cylinder and found that it is very difficult to push the piston in. Is there anything i can do to make the piston move more freely?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:12:06 PM by ajc2103 » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »

This is my first bally that I am attempting to tinker with. I was having an issue with the reels not spinning and the arm releasing to the start position, so i removed the cylinder and found that it is very difficult to push the piston in. Is there anything i can do to make the piston move more freely?

Take the piston out of the cylinder and clean up any of the sticky mess that was the seal. Then use a very small amount of grease to lube the piston inside of the cylinder. Then reassemble... You don't need the seal in the piston to play the slot machine.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
ajc2103

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 04:02:44 PM »

Perfect, I got that issue resolved now onto the next... Now when I pull on the handle the cylinder lever pulls in but i have to push on the end of it a little bit for the reels to release. almost seems like the travel of the handle pull isnt long enough or needs to be adjusted shorter. hopefully that makes sense. Ideas?
ajc2103

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »

I think I found the issue (or atleast part), one of the gear plates ( part that the half gear screws into) is broken at the weld. seems like if the part was not broken and the gears are adjusted to the correct measurements then it might solve the problem. Im not sure if i should take the plate to a welder to see if he can fix or if i should try and find and purchase the plate?
ajc2103

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:55:10 AM »

ok, got all the issues with the reel mechanism and actuating arm taken care of... atleast i feel like im making progress. My next issue is that when the reels land on a winning combination nothing happens ( no payout), i did notice that the machine will sometimes say coin excepted when a coint is inserted and sometimes not.  2 other issues are that the winner paid light is always lit and the winner paid counter never resets. thanks in advance for any info.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:09:49 AM »

Check your hopper zero stop switch, and your reel mech B switch for proper closure during reel spin. Sounds like hopper not resetting.  Try your highest payout to see if it kicks out coins.
ajc2103

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 02:28:16 AM »

I was checking for continuity of wires and found that i lose continuity through the brown cylinder part with the four stripes on it.

* slot picture.jpg (323.33 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 235 times.)
ajc2103

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 11:25:38 PM »

So i was able to determine that the hopper works great by manually tripping the payout counter unit but it wont reset for the next spin. I don't know where to start as far as testing the payout unit. This is my last hurdle then i should have a perfectly working machine!!!!!
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 11:36:01 PM »

The 'B' switch is on the left side of the reel mech, mounted horizontally and is closed by the variator timing bar pushing it closed during reel spin.
The Zero switch is on the hopper carriage, which is mounted onto the hopper payboard. 
This might give you a little help. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=19448.0
The zero swiich stop either has a pencil eraser rubber bumper, or a small round one.  Reset your hopper and see that it opens,...step hopper one time and see that it closes.
ajc2103

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 04:59:25 PM »

Sucess!!!! it was indeed the zero stop switch not resetting, the little "eraser piece" had turned sticky and was holding the switch. I now have a perfectly working machine. Hail Thanks to all of you that replied to my posts, you are geniuses. I will post a couple picture of the machine later today.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.