Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  New member needs help to ID Bally EM slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New member needs help to ID Bally EM slot  (Read 5798 times)
BigBally
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »

Hi: I am brand new to this site but before I joined I read quite a lot of useful information.  I still can't identify my new Bally slot.   I think I bought either the 809 or the 831.  There is NO serial number ANYWHERE on the machine and there isn't a nameplate.  I've tried posting this cry for help four times without any luck.  I hope this goes through this time.  I tried to include a picture but it doesn't go through.  I cleaned all of the contacts with a wire brush.  The coin acceptor light does not light.  I filled the hopper and I was able to get the slot to run!!  I even won but it did NOT pay out.  Sometimes it takes three coins but other times only two.  The machine is a quarter slot.  You can play one o three quarters.  All pays on center line.  Top win is 100-300 quarters.  I've got a Push Button For Change Or Service.  I have a small win meter in the upper right hand corner which does not light or register.  There is a small card directly underneath the coin drop which reads: IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PLAYER TO SEE THAT EACH COIN PLAYED IS REGISTERED ON THE LIGHT DISPLAY BEFORE PULLING THE HANDLE.

I hope someone knows which model this is and how I can download a manual for this unit.  Thanks very much for any help.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:53 PM »

No idea how to ID your slot.  Is it a fruit reel or JPO?
Do you have a VOM?  Can you trace wires? Did you lube it?
Be glad to help with the problems, as certainly will others here.
Sounds fun.  Need pics...well, they will help unless you can't.
BigBally

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:20:19 AM »

Hi OldReno: I hope this reply gets to you.  Thanks for your help.  Any advice on how to send a picture to you?  I've taken plenty but had no luck trying to attach any here.
I don't know what a VOM is.  But there are parts with numbers.  The slot has 3 reels.  The winning combination is 777.  It has bars and fruit.  I was so excited to get the machine running I didn't really care that I won a few times but didn't get a payout.  I suspect I loosened one of the wires underneath the hopper when I was cleaning it.  Unless it was already like that.
The counter, this part is inside the plate in front of the reels, is made by ENM Company Chicago.  Part # E2B614D83   48v  50/60 HZ  Bally Part E 130-29.
Another part, the door, on either side:  Bally Part #  G 25.358.170   On the opposite side  C-657-2C  and C-657-3C.  I assume I can get the red light that sits on top of the slot?  I have the Push Button For Change or Service but nothing happens when I push it.  I've not seen another slot on this website with the card under the coin drop which I mentioned in my first post.  I thought that would lead to an identification.
Everything on the door is more or less flush except for a long, thin switch which sticks out about 3 inches.  If you are looking at the reels or the hopper and the open door is to your left, this gray plastic long box is at the top left hand corner of the door.  All of the door lights are run by this switch or, at least, I see three lights which are directly wired to this switch or box.  In any case, two of the wires are badly corroded and the lower right corner of the box is cracked.  I taped it with electrical tape but maybe that is why the lights are out.  This would be much easier for both of us with pictures, I know, but I hope I've given you more information to get a model number ID.  What do you think?    Thanks.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:12:40 AM »

Pics would be reallllllly helpful.
I don't know what those Bally parts are.  Anyone got a Bally lookup book?
You should try to get a smart phone or something to upload photos.  Perhaps a friend has one you could use?
Appreciate your enthusiasm, they are fun machines.  Eventually someone can probably come up with an ID for you....
A VOM (electrical meter) measures voltage, ohms, etc.  They're like under 5 bucks made in china.
You can use jumper wires to test your components also.
Link to some basic troubleshooting tips: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=23910.0 if you are new to the Bally.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »

you might find trouble with the posting of pictures is the size of them try cropping them so there a bit smaller
BigBally

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:21:25 PM »

Hi to all:  I found a way to resize my pictures.  I will send two photos of my Bally slot per post as required by the rules.  I hope this helps in the identification of the model.  Thank you.

* CIMG2008.JPG (251.26 KB, 900x1200 - viewed 668 times.)

* CIMG2010.JPG (263.12 KB, 900x1200 - viewed 384 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »

Hi to all again:  More pictures of my unknown Bally slot model.  Thanks.

* CIMG2011.JPG (430.11 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 356 times.)

* CIMG2017.JPG (264.81 KB, 900x1200 - viewed 408 times.)
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 17

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »

Hello,

This is a Triple Dollar Multiplier, model 1114 produced in 1976  wave

IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7
BALLY 809 Multiplier
BigBally

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »

Thank you very much for your help.  As I am new to this I suppose this won't be a stupid question but I have to ask, why would it be called a Triple Dollar Multiplier since it ONLY takes quarters?
If this is the model is there a manual I can download from this site?  Thanks very much.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.