Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 1114 help needed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 1114 help needed  (Read 23299 times)
BigBally
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »

HI:  I do believe the gray box is the win meter.  It is directly on the other side of the win meter on the front of the slot.

Who sells the replacement for it?  Can I buy from someone here on this forum or website?

As long as I am at it I'd like to get the LIGHT that sits on top of the slot machine which turns on when the PRESS BUTTON FOR CHANGE OR SERVICE is pressed.

I will attempt to find the source of the hum but can you tell me how to set the machine to pay the correct amount instead of the 20 coin limit?

How can you tell by looking at the pictures the slot is set to pay a maximum of 20 coins?

Thanks to all.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

The win meter tells you how many coins were paid for your payout.  It should be resetable by playing another game.  That's why 4 wires, 2 to count, and maybe 2 to reset.
the machine registers coins in on your odds disc assembly, which is mounted below the reel mech on the back wall right hand side.  You can also remove the holding screws for this, unplug it, and take it out and play with it.  When the odds disc steps up, it turns on the 2nd coin, and then 3rd coin lights.  When it resets, you are back to 1 coin played.  On the odds assembly you will see two little coil assemblies with little boards.  These boards count your 2nd coin and 3rd coin payouts.
Pull the unit out and play with it.  See if there is anything obviously wrong.
BigBally

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 10:17:03 PM »

NEW PICTURES FOR YOU/SAME THREAD

UNATTACHED WIRES FOUND: In one of my first posts, though not on this thread, I asked for help in identifying my new slot.  I also asked if anyone could tell me to attach two loose wires.  I finally traced them and found where they start.  They come from the large middle button that touches the door when it is closed.  I know the pictures will better explain what I can't.  Now that you know where they come from, where do they go?  Where do I attach them?

* 010.JPG (100.06 KB, 800x1200 - viewed 155 times.)

* 011.JPG (127.44 KB, 800x1200 - viewed 171 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »

ADDED PICTURES OF LOOSE WIRES

THE MIDDLE BUTTON IS WHERE THESE UNCONNECTED WIRES COME FROM AND THEY SLIDE BEHIND THE BELL AND DROP DOWN INTO THAT OPEN AREA IN PICTURE 12.  ONE WIRE IS GREEN AND THE OTHER IS RED WITH BLUE MARKS THROUGHOUT.

* 001.JPG (221.62 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 161 times.)

* 012.JPG (259.68 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 172 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »

MORE PICTURES.  THESE ARE OF THE WIN METER SWITCH.  I HAVE NO LIGHTS WHEN THE COIN IS DROPPED.  DON'T KNOW IF IT IS ACCEPTED.  I TOOK IT APART AND CLEANED IT.  WHEN I HAVE WON A JACKPOT THE METER HAS NOT BEEN LIT.

* 002.JPG (200.48 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 162 times.)

* 003.JPG (116.96 KB, 800x1200 - viewed 172 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »

2ND GROUP OF PICTURES OF SWITCH.  THE YELLOW WIRE WAS TAPED AND NOT CONNECTED TO THE BOX.

* 004.JPG (135.3 KB, 800x1200 - viewed 142 times.)

* 005.JPG (214.86 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 138 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »

LAST PICTURES OF SWITCH.  THE SWITCH WAS COVERED WITH GREEN CORROSION.  I CLEANED THE WIRES AND CONNECTORS.  THE WIRES THAT COME FROM THE SWITCH AND GO INSIDE THE BOX HAVE BEEN CUT.  THE CONNECTORS THAT ARE PLACED OUTSIDE OF THE BOX TOUCH THESE CUT WIRES FROM THE INSIDE.  I WISH I COULD GIVE A BETTER DESCRIPTION.  I HOPE THE PICTURES EXPLAIN.

* 017.JPG (343.47 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 193 times.)

* 019.JPG (240.78 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 175 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 10:36:04 PM »

MORE IMPORTANT PICTURES. NOTICE THE WHEELS ARE DIRTY, BLACK.  HOW CAN I CLEAN THEM?  WHAT DO THESE SMALL WHEELS DO?

* 007.JPG (306.08 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 176 times.)

* 009.JPG (274.41 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 154 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »

MORE PICTURES.  WHERE I HAVE THE SCREWDRIVER POINTED LOOK TO SEE WHAT THAT PIECE OF PLASTIC IS THAT IS WRAPPED IN TAPE.  WHAT IS ITS FUNCTION?  SHOULD I UNRAVEL THE TAPE?  AM I MISSING A FUSE?  THE PICTURE SHOWS THREE BUT THERE IS SPACE FOR FOUR.

* 006.JPG (345.35 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 156 times.)

* 008.JPG (337.43 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 171 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 10:40:27 PM »

LAST SET OF PICTURES FOR YOUR USE.  THE REELS.

* 013.JPG (318.06 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 176 times.)

* 014.JPG (343.9 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 161 times.)
BigBally

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE REEL.  THANKS EVERYONE.  I HOPE THESE NEW PICTURES WILL HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEMS I'VE ASKED ABOUT.

DON'T FORGET:  CAN I BUY THE TOP LIGHT/ASSEMBLY THAT IS PART OF THE PUSH BUTTON FOR CHANGE OR SERVICE?

BIGBALLY

* 015.JPG (322.9 KB, 1800x1200 - viewed 157 times.)
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »

yes you probably could by the light try foxslots site
those loose wires lets forget them for now
the taped up wires leave them for now
what we know is when you reset the board bottom right and played the machine it paid out not correct but paid out
try playing it with 1 coin for a while see which pays pay correctly which dont
try lining up a jackpot with 1 coin see what happens if we can get it to pay correctly on 1 coin we are only small steps away from paying out on 2 and 3 coins
when playing and paying on 1 coin is the payout resetting or is it staying where it is we need to grt this to reset
i think if you find these out first we can move to the next step
read renos link on setting a win
OldReno

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »

I'm leaving for Ca for a few days, so won't be able to help much.
Try tracing back those switch wires to see if you can find where they come from.
Good pics by the way....
BigBally

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 02:19:53 AM »

THINGS ARE WORSE SINCE THE PAYOUT!

SINCE MY ABBREVIATED PAYOUT (I WON 20 COINS INSTEAD OF 60) NOTHING WORKS.  THE SLOT WILL NOT TAKE A SINGLE COIN.  NOT ONE!!!!  EVERYTHING IS THE SAME AS BEFORE THE BIG JACKPOT EXCEPT THE PAYBOARD WAS RESET.  IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS LONG THREAD OR POST YOU'LL REMEMBER I WAS UNABLE TO GET ANY WINNINGS FROM ANY OF THE COMBINATIONS.  THEN IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THE PAYOUT BOARD WAS STUCK AT TWENTY AND HAD TO BE RESET.  I WON 4 COINS AND LATER I WON WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 60 BUT ONLY TWENTY CAME OUT.  SINCE THAT MOMENT I CAN'T GET A COIN TO STAY IN THE SLOT.  EVERY COIN DROPPED COMES RIGHT OUT.
WHEN I WON MY JACKPOT THE BELL DIDN'T RING.  I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS SUPPOSED TO RING BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE SLOT BELL RINGS WITH EACH WINNING PULL.
THE WIN METER DOES NOT WORK AND MOST OF THE LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING BUT THESE THINGS DIDN'T WORK ANYWAY.  WHAT DID WORK WAS THAT I COULD DROP COINS AND PULL THE ARM DOWN.  NOW I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT. 

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: WITH MY FIRST WIN AFTER THE PAYBOARD WAS RESET TO ZERO I WON 4 COINS.  THE VERY NEXT PULL, THE SLOT WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY FIRST COIN DROPPED.  IT DID ACCEPT THE SECOND COIN.  AFTER EACH PULL THE FIRST COIN DROPPED WOULD COME BACK OUT OF THE SLOT.  THE SECOND COIN WAS ACCEPTED.  I PLAYED ONE, TWO OR THREE COINS BUT AFTER EVERY PULL THE VERY NEXT COIN DROPPED AFTER THE PULL WAS NOT ACCEPTED.  THIS IS HOW IT WENT UNTIL I WON THE JACKPOT WIN OF 60.  ONLY 20 COINS WERE PAID AND SINCE THEN NOTHING STAYS IN THE SLOT.  WHATEVER IS DEPOSITED COMES RIGHT BACK OUT.  CAN'T PLAY!!!!   PLEASE HELP ME!!

THANKS TO ALL,  BIGBALLY
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 10:13:57 AM »

That hum might be the coin reject relay, the one on the door under the coin acceptor mechanism, that pushes the coins back into the payout tray when there's reason to do it. I have a Summit that has a very noisy relay, sounds like a lawn mower running when it's energized. The AC hum doesn't have a downside other than the noise.

There should also be a coin diverter relay that sends the "coin in" to the hopper, and that will hum as well. When the INSERT COIN light is on, that relay should be energized. If not, the coin won't be accepted, and will drop into the payout tray.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »

i know its a bit of a pain but what happens when you open the door and flick the switch manually
 try this post what happens
BigBally

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2013, 02:13:38 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe more people are not interested in this post since I am NEW at this and my questions border on irritation?  Please be patient with me.  I will try ALL suggestions.  I am not sure what you want me to try.  When I open the door there are TWO relays or switches which have a wire which sticks out and is hit by the incoming coin.  The one closer to the top or middle of the door, if I press down on that wire a bell rings and a counter goes up a number.  I thought when I first saw the counter which is behind a metal plate attached to the reel assembly it kept track of the PULLS but it keeps track of the coins dropped into the machine.  The other relay or switch is at the bottom part of the door.  When I flick the wire I hear a click but nothing else happens.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »

its the upper one were intrested in (people are intrested in your probs but sometimes we dont want to give wrong advice)
if you flick this down manually its counting the coins in but not releasing the handle ?
if it does not release the handle try pulling on the reel plunger (dashpot) pull it towards you thats on the  right side of the mech if not take the reels out and see /check if the dashpot switch is closed
BigBally

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 10:29:37 PM »

BAD TO WORSE!  NOTHING WORKS NOW!  WHEN THE DOOR IS OPEN AND I FLICK THE WIRE CLOSEST TO THE TOP IT DOES NOT RING THE BELL.  IT DOES NOT REGISTER ON THE COUNTER OR METER.  THE BOTTOM WIRE, IF I FLICK THAT ONE NOTHING HAPPENS, NO SOUND.  YESTERDAY WHEN I FLICKED THE TOP WIRE (RIGHT NEXT TO THE COIN DROP AND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOOR) THE BELL SOUNDED AND THE COUNTER REGISTERED.  NOW, NOTHING HAPPENS.  IT IS SO DISAPPOINTING.  I PLAYED THE SLOT FOR HOURS.  IT TOOK ALL OF THE QUARTERS.  THE ONLY THING WAS IT DIDN'T PAY WHEN A WINNER HAPPENED.  YOU GUYS GOT ME TO RESET THE PAYBOARD AND WHEN I HIT A JACKPOT, ALTHOUGH IT DIDN'T PAY THE CORRECT AMOUNT, AT LEAST IT PAID SOMETHING AND I WAS THRILLED.          NOW NOTHING WORKS!        PLEASE HELP!!!!
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 07:13:18 AM »

ok im know how frustrating it can be trying to get this going so lets go back to the begining
pull the hooper reset the board in the right hand corner
the board in the left  hand corner with the little numbered reels just to the left in picture 7 theres a coil push the plunger down see if this resets this board this counts coins in
now play see what happens and then we can take it from there
BigBally

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »

I can't begin to express my level of frustration.  I should have been happy playing the slot knowing it would never pay a winner.  Instead I wanted it to work as it should.  With all of the help it did pay a winner although it was limited to 20 coins.  But now NOTHING works.    I tried your suggestion and nothing happened. The wire hasp which moved when a coin was dropped and used to ring the bell and advance the counter is dead.  Nothing happens when it is moved.  The wire hasp at the bottom of the door, nothing happens when that is moved.  Does any of this have anything to do with the gray box?  The one with the four wires which is directly in front of the win meter?  Remember, I've got NO lights when the machine is powered except the top one which reads Pays Left To Right and Pays Right To Left.  The coin accepted, tilt and deposit coin lights do NOT light.
OldReno

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 09:13:36 PM »

OK, RELAX AND TURN OFF THE CAPS, NO NEED TO SHOUT.
Kidding.
You may have blown one of your fuses.  That's not uncommon.  Check them.
Until you find the coin in problems, it is probably best to push down the coin in switch whisker with your finger  to simulate coins in.  Also, don't waste time waiting for pays, just set them up on the centerline as we talked about above.
It's ok, smoke a bowl or have a beer.  Sometimes the wheels of progress move slowly, and sometimes they don't.
You might also try pushing those 3 buttons on the top right side to see if they effect anything.
I'm certain we'll all collectively help get it running....
6V fuse is for your feature lights.
50V fuse is for your coils.
If all lights are out, and your 120V fuse is good, look for a red neon light on behind the hopper to the left.  If it's on, push that white button to turn it back on.  This happens when a pay has not completed.
Fuses blow all the time when troubleshooting.  This is hard for me, too.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:59:01 AM by OldReno » Logged
BigBally

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »

FUSES BLOWN!!

Thanks for the tip.  Please look at the photo with the screwdriver pointing to a taped square.  That is a fuse but is it an extra fuse?  Why is it taped to wires and why is it inside that box? 

If you look closely the mystery box with the fuse inside it is taped to a WHITE wire with blue squares on one end and a thick black wire on the other end.

Of the THREE fuse holders in the back of the slot from left to right, the first two are BLOWN.  The first one reads: BUSS AGC 5  250V.  The second one reads: 7A 250V  312.

Please refer to the pictures.  From left to right there are two fuses in the first two spaces, there is NOTHING in the third space, there is a fuse in the fourth space which is good.  That fuse

reads BUSS MDL 8  32 VOLT.   From the latest reply to my post it seems the fuses are NOT correct.  But you all know that I know NOTHING!  Please let me know which fuses I need

and WHERE they should go.  Do I disassemble the phantom fuse in the plastic box that is floating to see what strength it is or LEAVE it alone?

Thanks to all.
OldReno

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »

Don't know about that taped fuse.  Sometimes you will have 4 fuses, two 120V ones, and one 50V and one 6V.  I suspect the mystery box fuse may be 120V.  Make sure machine is unplugged when you dig out those fuses.  Generally 50V has an orange wire, and 6V has a solid blue wire.  120V circuits can be white, black, etc.
You should get a few 5A fuses, and maybe a few 8A fuses.  I'd put the 5A in the 120V sockets, and use the 8A for 50V or 6V.  It is not a good idea to overfuse the machine, that is, don't put in a 15A fuse in place of an 8A.  Fuses are a lot cheaper and easier to replace than melted coils, which is what may happen if you overfuse. 
Take some time and go through your machine and tape up any loose wire ends that may inadvertently be touching to case somehow.  If a hot wire touches to case, even for a moment, it may pop a fuse.  I'd probably leave the phantom box alone until you get the other stuff taken care of... Hope that helps.
Do you have a VoltOhm Meter?  You can pick one up cheap at harbor freight for under $10.
BigBally

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »

Hi: It seems to me the slot is overfused.  I'll go and get some of the ones you recommended.  5A and 8A. 

Please refer to my earlier post for the next bit of info.  The one fuse NOT blown on the fuse holder, the one to the far right is  32 volt buss mdl 8  it has one thin red and one thin black wire.

The first blown fuse to the far left in the picture has one thin dark blue wire and two thin baby blue wires.

The second blown fuse has 3 orange wires.  Where do I put the 5A fuses and where do I put the 8A fuses?  Are the 5A and 8A only 120v or do they come in other ratings like 250?

THANKS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.