Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:37:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 1114 help needed
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 1114 help needed  (Read 23302 times)
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »

I don't think voltage matters too much, but try to replace as original as you can...?
Where the fuses go is in last post.
It won't hurt to underfuse to see if they blow right away or not.  You can always up the amps a little bit at a time.  If the fuses blow right away, then you must find out why or you'll just be wasting fuses.  Read my post on finding shorts in that case, because there will be a reason they are blowing.  Again, tape up all loose wires touching case before you start to help eliminate problems from the get go.  No wires or switches or coil ends should touch to case.
And, power down when you replace them so you don't short yourself out or get 'bit'.
BigBally
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:06 PM »

Thanks very much.  I'll do as you say and let you know what happens.
BigBally

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 04:55:28 AM »

Where do I get these FUSES?

Went to the local hardware store.  They had nothing.  Went to the AutoZone store.  They had dozens of fuses but NO 8A.  All of the fuses they carried had a rating of 250 Volts.

Where do you suggest I go?  Each store wanted an explanation for why I needed 5A and 8A.  I thought I'd just be able to go in a store and pick up a box of fuses.  Not that easy. 
BigBally

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »

READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL!

I thought someone would have asked to see my progress by now as it's been 9 days since my last post.  I asked or begged for some help on fuses.  I went to Auto Zone, Ace, Lowe's and Home Depot.  No one carries the fuses I need.  I went to Radio Shack and they sold me 125volt 5A and 8A but they were the tiny kind.  I went back to get the size I need and they only carry 250 volt.  I bought them anyway. Put the fuses in according to the earlier posts and nothing happens.  It still will NOT accept any coin.  If I manually flick the wire where the coin drops I hear the bell but that's it.  The counter no longer registers.  I manually pulled the arm for a spin without a coin and nothing happens after the spin.  With the new fuses in place I still have only ONE light which works.  The coin acceptor light, the win meter, nothing lights.
I managed to take out the payboard and reset it by pushing in the thing which looks like it has slugs on it.  This did nothing.
I am at my end.  I hope you guys can figure out where I go from here.  Thanks.

BigBally
BigBally

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 06:41:31 PM »

Ready to throw it all away!

I can't find a website for foxslots.  Does anyone know where I can find the specific fuses for this slot if the ones I have won't do the job?  Can you anyone tell me where I can buy the replacement for the damaged, cracked switch box, gray color in pic 7 and the light assembly for the top of the slot that is part of the Push Button For Service or Change.
For any of my slot needs, what site or shop is the best?

BigBally
OldReno

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

It is possible that you blew out the lights.  Do you have a voltohm meter, or any way to check them for continuity.
A fuse is a fuse, by the way.  If it's the same size, go for it.  You can use 10A in there if you want.  Or 5A, it does not have to be 8Amps for these troubleshooting purposes.
AFA the payboard, the solenoid with the slugs is the step up, not the reset.  I posted a link a little bit about hopper boards earlier in this thread, did you read it?
I'll have to get back to you, I am having as crappy a time as you are, but my reason is I quit smoking cigarettes a week ago, and I am at my wits end.  Also, my cheery attitude is fucked for now.
Anyway you have a light (6v), it powers up, you got 120V also.  I would check your 50V fuse again, because if the machine still has a short, it might have blown as soon as you replaced it.  They blew for a reason, and we have to find the reason.  Did you read my post on checking for shorts?  Do you have a meter?
OldReno

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:41 PM »

BigBally,
I don't buy much stuff from the dealers here, because well, I don't buy much stuff.  But I have had good luck with Foxslots and CVSlots, so try to contact either of them.
We still have to take this one step at a time.
If there's a short that is blowing fuses, we have to find and fix it.
You can buy a cheap meter at Harbor Frieght under $10, or probably borrow one from a friend.  A nice tool to have.
There is also a link here: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=23910.0
and here: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=97
That you may want to browse until I can write again. (gone for a couple days...)
The last link has 2 downloads for you.  Please download them, and you might want to print them out, especially the parts manual.
So, check your fuses again, to see if they popped.  Check your bad lights to verify the filaments are intact or not, and look at your payboard to see if the fingers are at the 6:00 position like they should be.
Yes, you are impatient, and I'm impatient too.  I want a fucking cigarette, but I'm going to just wait it out.
Hang in here and you will get the machine fixed.  If we're not prompt enough in our replies then read old posts, and read my section on troubleshooting tips.  No one here gets paid to post stuff, we do it to help each other out. When I get back I will read these 3 pages of thread, and then get back with you, and I'd like to be sure you have read the links that I posted to you.
You can certainly learn as much reading old EM posts here as you can by reading replies from us.
So I'm going to go kick the dog, and scream at a total stranger, to see if that helps my nicotine addiction or not.  You might do the same....
BTW, it is much more fun fixing these than playing them.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2013, 05:55:45 AM »

hi hows it going ? where you got to?
sometimes it pays to walk away for awhile then come back to it
stock up on fuses, learn to use a multimeter
familiarise yourself with the machine ,which bits you can remove which bits drive what
the difficulty with your one is the payout board is mounted in the cabinet not on the hopper
BigBally

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2013, 02:23:40 AM »

I've got nothing to report except the same old crap. I have a voltage meter although I'm not sure I know or remember how to use it.  CV slots is an eBay seller who has only a few items to sell at the moment.  I still CAN'T find FoxSlots.  The name is for sale.  It doesn't seem to exist.  I f I do get this working again I want to replace the broken grey box inside the door and I want to buy the light assembly for the top of the machine.  If anyone knows of a slot parts seller for my machine please tell me.

I think MOST of the problems are the result of that grey box/switch with the four wires that come out of it, directly opposite of the win meter.  It is cracked and only 3 wires are connected.  Actually I don't think ANY of the wires are connected INSIDE of the box.  Three wires go in but I don't think they are attached to anything.  The 4th wire is YELLOW and it is taped and pushed out of the way.  Shoved down a bunch of other wires. 
The only thing I haven't touched at all during all of this poking around is the ODDS wheel?  I don't know what it is called but it is a small reel of numbers that spin UNDERNEATH the three big reels.  I can't see it unless I pull out the reel assembly.  Do I have to reset it or push anything on that?
If I flick the wire hasp inside the door, now that the fuses are have been replaced, I hear a thump and the bell rings.  BUT IT STILL WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY COIN I DROP INTO IT.
Please look at the pictures I posted earlier and see if there is something I am missing or not doing.  PLEASE!  And thanks to all who have read my posts and offered their time and advice.

BigBally
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2013, 12:28:23 PM »

Here is the link to Foxsslots...

http://stores.ebay.com/Gallery-of-Slots

He's listed up in the Sponsors section on the Home Page of NLG.. Along with many other venders.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »

CV slots is an eBay seller who has only a few items to sell at the moment.  I still CAN'T find FoxSlots.  The name is for sale.  It doesn't seem to exist.

BigBally

Try the "Member List" at the top of the page here (blue navigation buttons) to locate members. Since both Foxsslots and ourselves are sponsors here, our contact info is listed on the Home Page in the Sponsor section. We dumped eBay for the most part and went to our own store site instead.

Not sure what you're needing, but if its for an EM and Foxsslots doesn't have it, I'd be surprised.

BigBally

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »

Thanks very much.  I had only been looking for replies to this post.  I hadn't yet looked around the website. Now I know.  Thank you.

BigBally
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »

There is tons of cool info, along with links, and documents (documents are in "NLG File System Downloads" button, far right top).   wave

OldReno

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »

BigBally, when you push down on the coin in switch, does the handle pull, or do you get game play at all?
I'm not quite sure what the machine is now doing and not doing...
Please re-post what the current problems are now that the fuses are replaced.
BigBally

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2013, 10:49:25 PM »

Hello to all:  I am back to beg for more solutions and help.  I took a month off from worrying and tinkering with the slot.  Nothing has changed.  It still does NOT work.  The coins drop
like rain when put in the coin drop and don't make a sound and don't register.  All of the fuses are good but nothing registers.  You all know I know NOTHING about this machine and yet I still believe all of the problems, or at least, most of them come from  that broken grey box that sticks out from the other side of the win meter.  I think if I can get a new one I can solve most, if not all of my problems but so far no one seems to agree with this.  Any new fresh perspectives on this?  Any ideas?  Anything?  Thanks.  BigBally
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »

How about some  Take a Photo  so we can see what your seeing... The more information we have the better...  Please Post Pictures

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
OldReno

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2013, 01:24:58 AM »

I believe the grey box is just the wiring connection for your meter.  Your meter does not make the machine work or not work.  It just counts coins, that's all it does.  If you want to keep chasing it go ahead..., but it is just a meter.
Of course unless this is a credit machine.

When you put the coins in, do they return back into the tray or do they go into the hopper?  Where do they go?

If you push down on the coin in switch with your finger, does anything happen?

If not, pull your reel mech, and push the latch (part#53) on page 32 of your bally parts manual.
Then put the reel mech back in, and see if that releases the handle.
I am presuming that you are putting coins in and cannot get the handle to pull?
Bypass the handle pawl, pull the handle, and set up a pay.  Does it pay?
Have you looked at my page on troubleshooting, and downloaded the bally manual?

Glad you took some time off.
OldReno

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2013, 01:32:11 AM »

OK, I went back to the beginning of this long post.
In reply #3, your pic cimg2022 is interesting.
What are those buttons for?
Have you tried pushing them throughout all this?
One might be a reset button of some kind, another might be a door open switch.
Sure a lot of buttons there.  Have you been able to trace any of them back to see where they go?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.