Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 831 newbe help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 831 newbe help  (Read 3964 times)
poolcuemike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 04, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »

I was recently given a Bally 831 by my Father-in-Law. It currently needs a new hopper motor and TLC. My questions are where can I find the hopper motor? the motor turns but the gears are stripped. Second question is that when he had it and it was working the machine payed out too often. His kids (my wife) would clean him out weekly.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »

NLG Welcome

On the home page here, go to sponcers section and click on Foxsslots. He should have a hopper motor for your 831.. For your payout issue, do you meen the machine was over paying on its jackpot or just a easy machine to win on??

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
poolcuemike

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »

easy win Thanks

Foxslots has a gearbox motor but the part#'s are not the same. I'm looking for E-119-421. I will send him an ebay message and ask if they are compatable.

Thanks again for any help
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:08:57 PM by poolcuemike » Logged
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »

We used to rebuild the gearboxes by drilling out the rivets (6?), replacing bad part, and then holding back together with nut/bolts.  Later, they came already threaded and bolted.
Would like to hear about your payout issue, can you list your reel strip symbols, and pays????  Should be able to figure PC amongst all us....
poolcuemike

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »

Foxslots helped me find a gearbox. When it is installed I will play the machine for awhile to check the payouts. I'm not sure what has been done to the machine in the past, The hopper plate was above the bearings when I first started trying to figure out the problems. That tells me it was taken apart and not put back together correctly.

Is it possible that the reels can be put in different orders? would that change the payouts?
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »

The reels are set up reel 1, 2 and 3 and are set to correspond with the thin metal index disk attached to them. If you put these in different order, the machine will not payout correctly with the fruit symbols on the strips.
 frying pan

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »

In theory, if you put a #2 reel with a lot of cherries on it in place of #1 reel, If and only if the index is the same, it could be possible to empty the hopper.  But that's a lot of ifs.
Is this is fruit machine or bars only machine?
poolcuemike

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 04:09:37 PM »

3 coin with fruit line, bars, and 7's. I just started on this and I should confirm how loose it is before I think there is trouble. I'm hoping when the parts arrive next week I can run a few rolls of quarters through it.
poolcuemike

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:36:25 PM »

Thanks to Foxsslots my 831 is operational! and Thanks to Foxsslots my wife on her 3rd pull hit for $25 and she wants her winnings.  Silly Me!

Seriously Thanks
David B Fowler
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 39

Panhead

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:11 PM »

Foxsslots ... is very impressive with his parts and knowledge. I wish I knew how many people OldReno and Foxsslots have helped get their machines up and running???
Would be a very LARGE number

Welcome

Probably that many...
The Fatman

Still playin in the mud ..... after all these years.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.