Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:17:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  ANY DOOR LIGHT SOCKET TRICK OUT THERE? HELP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANY DOOR LIGHT SOCKET TRICK OUT THERE? HELP  (Read 4625 times)
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: July 28, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »

Group wise men:

My 1090 (Pictures in my profile album) has one light socket in the door that is driving the obsessive compulsive inside of me crazy.  The socket is for the 63 bulb with the two unequal height tits (sorry.  I am sure there is a propper name for these things out there) sticking out of the base.  The bulb fits down in the socket well with lots of spring action pushing back when you insert the bulb.  The tits engage well with the body of the socket.  THE LIGHT IS ALWAYS DIM.  When I push down or rotate the tab that the wire are connected to the light shines with full intensity. 

I got a used socket from a NLG member however before I break out the drill to get the rivits out AND the soldering gun I wanted to see if there are any tricks to getting this socket to shine correctly.

What say you wise ones?
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

Sounds like it is shorting when the bulb is in.  Try rotating the tabs to different positions, and bend them a little bit to make sure they are not contacting either to the door or internally...?
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »

Reno:

Thanks for the advice.  I do feel a little juice when I rotate the tabs.  I will get right on it.  Just wondering that if it was a slight short how come I did not blow the 6v fuse? 

Reno you are the Best
Ra
tkrozleski
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »

Rotating the tabs several times, which the wires are soldered to, usually removes internatal oxidation in the socket and fixes the dim lites.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 11:16:22 PM »

I will try that tonight and see what happens.  Thanks
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:11 AM »

It didn't blow the fuse because it is a slight short.  Good to check your machine for shorts at some time.
TheRealMacGyver
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »

Funny, mine was doing the same thing!  Mine was the " insert coin" light.  I took the bulb out and cleaned it up with steel wool, the cleaned any remaining steel wool off bulb.  ( steel wool can be very bad around electronics! ) then I squeezed the tabs of the socket slightly to make it a bit tighter, put the bulb back in and it worked.  I had to do this twice to get it though, so a word of advise; leave the cover plate off and make sure you have it.  Mine worked then I powered down and reassembled, closed it up and turned it back on and the bulb was back to it's same stuff!  Repeated and all is good now.
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »

Mac.

Thank you.  I have some fine steel wool.  I will start buffing right after work.   That dim light is more annoying than a bulb that is totally out.

Ra
RiseLikeRa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

Group:

I tired a little of all of the suggestions and the light seems to be shining properly.  Thank everyone for their ideas.  The real test will be when my mother in law visits and puts the machine through its paces but so far so good.  You guys and gals are the best.

Ra
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.