Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally s5500 power outage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally s5500 power outage  (Read 3317 times)
TTJACKPOT
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: September 14, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »

My Bally s5500 went through a power outage that lasted for several hours--machine was turned off during the outage-but now the machine will not start up--I get a humming in the speaker but thats all. Lights do come on but nothing in the led window (no error message). I suspect that the outage may have fried my power supply--Hope someone an help me out here--also I would like to know where I can get a power supply--Thanks John T new Help
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:28:11 PM »

Did you try the fuses?
TTJACKPOT

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »

I have pressed in the re-circuit on each one--they seem to be OK-Are these replaceable fuses--I'm not sure how they can be removed--there are four of them right below the on-off switch--I presume that is what you mean by fuses--The s5500 manual doesn't address them very well--if you know how to remove the fuses let me know--don't want to break any thing else--John
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »

Does the power switch look okay?
No broken loose wires?
Broken loose wires anywhere?
Check your battery on the MPU...
is it dead?
You need a multi meter to check the power supply
to see if it's putting out the correct voltages according to your manual.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:10:58 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
TTJACKPOT

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »

The power switch looks OK--I get power to the outlet below the on-off switch--no broken wires anywhere--battery on MPU shows 3.68V--I'm still confused on the fuses--are they replaceable??Looks like just circuit breakers that you push in--like I said the manual is weak on this--Machine worked perfectly until the power outrage--all I get is the fluorescent lights and a buzzing sound from the spesaker--I'm no expert but my guess is that the power supply was fried somehow--I know on the 5500 that is a weak point with the machine--anyway if you can shed more light on the subject--would sure appreciate all I can get--John
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:57:02 AM »

John      if you are getting a hum in the speaker and no other lights or codes on the display then your power supply is bad.  It is the unit mounted on the back wall behind the hopper.  unplug unit from wall, remove hopper, unplug all the plugs from the unit including the power cord on the right side. remove the nuts holding the unit to the back wall  and the grounding screw and the unit should come out.  turn over the unit and you will see a blue cap. to the left of it is the power supply.  it is held in place with 4 screws and two plugs. the small two pin is the 115 vac input, the other plug is the outputs.

Jim at Blueridge should have these in stock.  when you get new power supply reverse the process and your machine should come up.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 12:25:58 PM »

I am in total agreement with Jim,
The power supply is suspect big time....
They shouldn't be too, too costly though.
The fuses are sorta like mini breakers...they "reset"...
they don't usually "blow" and stay dead.
TTJACKPOT

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »

Thanks again you folks for all your help--will post when the new PS is installed--John
TTJACKPOT

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »

Thanks to all of you--Machine is up and running it was the Powewr Supply--Once again many thanks: John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.