Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:18:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Question for the experts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for the experts  (Read 8486 times)
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« on: March 27, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »

I have what you most likely will think is a very dumb question. I would like to know, if it would be possible to use the chips from an IGT PE+ Jacks or Better game and put them into a PE game. Would they work? Or, could they possibly damage a good working PE board in some way? I know that the boards  are somewhat different. I do have a slight issue with the game currently in the PE machine. I am missing SOME of the sounds, like the clicking sound when the cards are dealt out, and the sound when a double up is being credited. I have been trying to get another chip set for the PE machine, hoping that it would possibly resolve my problem but nobody seems to have a set for sale or have not responded to my request.
Thanks for any info.
Jerry
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:58:24 AM by ucanwin » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:10:39 AM »

Hi Jerry-

I'm afraid I don't know the answer. I would suspect that PE+ chips won't work in a PE, but I have no firsthand experience with a PE. Sorry.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ucanwin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:48:19 AM »

Thank you, for your reply. At least now I know that there is somebody on this site that reads the posts, ha! Where are all of the experts???? I have posted quite a few times on various subjects, but get little or no response. It is a little disappointing.
Best regards,
Jerry
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:50 AM »

Hi Jerry,  I'm not 100% shure if I have software or not but I will take a look. Normally with IGT software older software will work on newer boards but not the other way around. If you were to try it it probly won't hurt your board but could ruin your chips.   
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »

Thank you, for your reply. At least now I know that there is somebody on this site that reads the posts, ha! Where are all of the experts???? I have posted quite a few times on various subjects, but get little or no response. It is a little disappointing.
Best regards,
Jerry

Sorry for the lack of responses. I am sure many of us, including myself, have seen your original post but unfortunately the PE (Non-Plus) is an older machine that most of us do not have experience with to give you a positive answer to your question. 
I agree with the others, that I highly doubt the newer PE+ chips would work in the older platform.

ucanwin

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »

Thank you for responding. However, an IGT PE Poker machine is not something that was made in 1900. There must be somebody that looks at this site that was into these machines when they were the talk of the day. I realize that it is an older model, but are there no parts around for these machines? Have they all been scraped out? Are there no boards or chip sets available? Somebody must have a working board for a PE poker machine that they are willing to sell or knows something about what sounds and when they occur on this model of machine. I don't have any sound when the cards are dealt out. Is this normal? There is sound when coins are inserted, sound when hold buttons are pressed, sound when Double Up credits are rung up and sound when credits are cashed out.

P.S. I have recently been advised that changing the sound chip is the answer to my problem. Installing it will be a little tricky for me though as it is not socketed to the board.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:03:44 AM by ucanwin » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

I realize you are frustrated/disappointed from lack of responses, however, as mentioned previously, this is an earlier platform, and knowledge from experienced techs is limited. Math tells me that many of the techs on the floor at that time are nearing or at retirement age. We have many members on this site that have knowledge (of various levels) on PE and PE+ machines, but maybe have just not encountered the problem you are having? The knowledge base on NLG is heavily weighted towards the S+, S2000, I-Games, and newer, BUT we do have a dozen or so members that are very knowledgable on the older platforms (EM, PE, PE+, S).

Parts are another issue. They are hard to find, period. And yes, many of the machines were scrapped (probably due to lack of info and to the fact they are all metal). Many people who have parts will not let the parts go, as they are back-ups, spares, and "just in case" parts. You will find that in any platform that is 20+ years old. We have software for PE+ (for all I know it could be PE), but with no reference material on chipsets, what do I do, list is as "Unknown PE+ Chip Set, May or may not be complete and/or a matched set"??? Or sell boardsets, "Untested and 20 years old"?

We realize your frustration, as we have a collection of Raven machines. If you think PE parts are tough to find, try to find someone who has even HEARD of a Raven slot machine, much less has parts for one. 

Keep looking and gathering info and you will find what you need. It may just take longer than you'd expect. I know of people who have been looking for parts or glass for well over a year now.

Good luck on your hunt!

4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »

I'll echo what others have said too.  I read this thread when you first posted it and thought, "someone else will answer", not realizing that there just isn't someone else.  I had a PE+ and can answer questions about that one from my own experience, but like Knagl, I've never had a PE (no-plus), so I can't really speak to it.

I had to laugh out loud when you wrote that this wasn't built in 1900.  That was funny.  That's true.  It's like any electronics though, right?  They are out of date almost before they hit the shelves.  I got rid of my PE+ and got a Game King instead first a 3802 13" and now a 3902 17" (actually 3 of them).  I also got rid of my S+ in favor of a S2000/Vision.  I'm not suggesting you get rid of it, but rather, perhaps become the "new" expert and bring New Life to the PE for others.

Good luck!  :Dave
ucanwin

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »

Hi Dave,
Thanks for answering my plea for help. You want me to be the expert to tell all about the IGT PE poker machine???? You know what? This is our first encounter I believe, and I like you already. Why? Because you are SILLY!! I don't know beans about them. That's why I am here.

Jerry

P.S. I got my first IGT S2000 a few months ago and getting it set up has been a nightmare! It's way to complicated for an old fart like me. That menu is like something from hell. Way too many boards in that thing too. I like simple stuff.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »

Ha ha ha ... I was hoping you'd like that reply!   bust gut laughing Tongue Out

I actually think there are a couple of PE experts out there that just haven't passed through this thread yet.  There may still be hope yet.  Like you, I would think you should have sound when the cards are dealt.  Seems like you should if you have all the other sounds.

I re-read your original post and Jacks or Better has been around a long time (at least since 1900).  If I recall based on other posts I've read, one of the differences between a PE and PE+ is the PE+ has an extra chip.  In other words, there's both a GAME chip and a BASE chip, but I think with the PE, there's only a GAME chip (plus of course the 4 CGI's and 1 CAP).  So, if your Jacks or Better is only made up of 6 chips (instead of 7), then I think you might actually have a PE game and that it will work.

Just a thought.  :Dave
ucanwin

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

Yes Dan.....I have the 1900 model of the IGT PE....ha, ha! No base chip and no sound when the cards are dealt out. Still either need to get a chip set for J's or Better w/ Double up, or a different board for it. One or the other should solve my problem. Now.......where do I get one or the other, or both??????????????? A silly guy like you must have lots of connections. Plug me in!
Jerry
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »

I might have a set left over from my PE+ days that don't have a base, which would make them PE ... I'll look when I get home tonight and let you know.  -Dave
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »

Hi, I don't have any software marked as PE but I definatly have PE+ software.  there are 6 chips Data, Program, MBO, MRO, MGO, MXO I have multi poker dueses wild and multi poker joker poker if you wan't a set send me a PM.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 12:45:16 PM »

Cool brianfink!  Turns out I don't have a set ... forgot I got rid of them all.  Guess I'm getting senile. 
ucanwin

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 01:21:56 PM »

Thanks for checking Dave.
Jerry
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »

Oh wait ... I just reread BrianFink's post and I see he does indeed have 6 chips, but not the 6 I was expecting.  It should be ... Program, MRO, MGO, MBO, MXO and CAP (smaller chip).  The Data chip is what makes it a PE+ rather than a PE.  That doesn't exist on PE (no slot for it I think).  So, I don't think Brian's will work. no Duh!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 03:30:40 PM »

Hang on, Dave. There are PE+ chipsets that don't have a DATA chip. Those will run on a PE+ regular board or a PE+ superboard. If you have a PE+ chipset that contains a DATA chip, you need to use a PE+ superboard.

A regular PE+ board is not compatible with a PE machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 02:07:41 AM »

Thanks Kevin for clearing that up!  Jerry, listen to Kevin - he knows his stuff!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.