Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT PE+ stuck on double up screen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT PE+ stuck on double up screen  (Read 8942 times)
Apostle1
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:55 PM »

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask my question, but it looks right...

I have an 1997 IGT Mulit-Poker machine that I bought a few months ago.  It's worked fine until now.  I closed the top and an error came up saying Closure Reset.  I tried turning it on/off; closing and opening the door, etc. but can't get it to work again.  The screen lights up and the 1st and 5th Hold buttons, but the coin slot doesn't work and neither does the Deal button.  Have uploaded a couple of photos.  Any ideas would be VERY welcome.  New to this site.  Apologies if I posted in the wrong place.    Thanks!

* IGT1.jpg (299.37 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 438 times.)

* IGT4.jpg (300.97 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 411 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:58:32 PM »

I think if you will push bottons 1 or 5  yes/no and complete the game in progress your troubles will be fixed. The closure reset should go away after one game is completed. All it's telling you is the main door has been opened.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Apostle1

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »

Thanks - tried that.  The 1st and 5th Hold buttons light up, but they don't actually do anything when you push them.  None of the buttons do anything.  I'm thinking that the machine isn't recognizing that the door is actually closed, but I don't know how to check that.   I don't know which wires control that or if there is a sensor somewhere that needs to be checked.  Ideas??
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 08:28:20 PM »

If all else fails look at the picture.  It's a slant top, look at the main door latch on the cabinet there is a part of this latch that has to turn clock wise to be able to pull up on a rod to open the lower door. If this part on the latch didn't return to the CCW position it will keep the optics from seeing each other.Now that's just about as clear as mud.

Here's a pic of the latch in the CW ( open ) position

* PICT0004.JPG (596.1 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 406 times.)

Apostle1

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »

Thanks - I actually understood that!  Just tested the latch and it snaps both ways easily.  I think it's working as it should.  Do you have the same machine?  I have no idea where the 'sensors' are to test them.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »

I do still have a few of them, last fall the one I just took the picture of was in the house and one day I got pissed off because of lack or room and put it on the uncovered patio. Been raining and snowing on it all winter. It was working but now I have my doubts.

In your bottom picture the wires running up between #4 and #5 buttons are going to the door optic. The cabnet is down there by the door latch.  I've read on this site to look at the optics through a digital camera. that trick never worked for me.

Apostle1

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »

Well, thanks for hanging in there with me today.  Can't figure it out.  I guess I'll need to call the repair guy.  If I keep screwing around, I think I'll make it worse!  Have a good weekend.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 10:09:44 PM »

Where do you live ???

Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 10:14:10 PM »

Sounds more like a button problem rather than a door optic problem, the game is stuck in double down mode waiting for a response from the player. Above your power switch should be a little white button, push this button one time, it will take you into a menu where you can test your buttons, they will all be listed on this page, hold 1, hold 2, hold 3, etc. press your button and look at the corresponding button on the screen, if the button is working correctly, the number will change from a "0" to a "1" if they do not change, I would pull the connectors off of the button switches one at a time and put them back on (might just be bad connection)
Apostle1

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »

Thank you for the suggestion - Yes, I tried testing the Hold light buttons.  You are right in that the game is stuck in Double Up, but the Yes/No buttons for Double Up are the 1st and 5th and they are already lit up, work, so I still think my main problem is figuring out how to get rid of the "Closure Restart" error.  Nothing is working.
Apostle1

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »

FYI - I live in Minneapolis.  If it turns out I need a repairman, the only company I know is Worldwide Gaming, so if anyone knows anyone else, a referral would be great.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »

World Wide Gaming   Probably be cheaper to load the machine up and haul it to Joey in Arizona for repairs. Besides you miss all the fun stuff if you get someone else to fix it.

First when you close the main door, do not be gentle, make sure it's all the way closed.

I don't have a working machine to test this on and I'm not sure the double up option would display if the door was open.   ( CRS is kicking in ) OK when you open or close the door does anything change on the screen ?  If it does then the optics are working, if not ???????  If no change let's try bypassing the optics. Using about 3 or 4 foot piece of small wire, unplug the optics, bare each end of the jumper wire and insert into the pointed side of each optic plug and plug them back together. Reason I want you to plug them back is is because I don't want you to cut any wires,they are only plugged together to hold the jumper wire. Now see if the machine works, no need to close door.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:33:51 PM by Buzz » Logged

Apostle1

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »

You asked what changes when I open the door. 
When the door is SHUT, the Double Up is blinking like it should when it wants you to finish pick Yes or No.  As I said before, the Yes/No buttons (#1 and #5 are lit up).  There is a Closure Restart notation in the top left corner.
When the door is OPEN, the Double Up stops blinking and there is a new notation in the bottom middle area - Door Open.  The Door Open note is not there when the door is shut.    Funny I didn't notice that until you asked.  The Closure Restart is still there as well. 
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »

So, you're optics are working fine. Closure Restart is just telling you the history of events (door was closed, machine was restarted). Its normal. Its not telling you what you need to do, it's telling you what HAS been done, so forget about that.

I second Firebird's earlier post, the buttons/button switches are looking like the culprit.  Did you follow the instructions he gave to test the buttons?

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:53 PM »

Yes, your optics are working fine.  If they weren't, you'd see a "DOOR OPEN" message instead of a "CLOSURE" message.

"CLOSURE" and "RESTART" are NOT error messages!

Also, just because the buttons are lighting up doesn't mean that they're working.  The lights and the actual micro-switches under them are two different parts.  Just because the light bulbs are working doesn't mean that the switches are working.  Please follow the directions posted by Firebird above to test the switches.

Also, I live in Minneapolis.  I'll come work on your machine for free rather than seeing you give money to Worldwide Gaming.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28:06 PM »

Yes, your optics are working fine.  If they weren't, you'd see a "DOOR OPEN" message instead of a "CLOSURE" message.

"CLOSURE" and "RESTART" are NOT error messages!

Also, just because the buttons are lighting up doesn't mean that they're working.  The lights and the actual micro-switches under them are two different parts.  Just because the light bulbs are working doesn't mean that the switches are working.  Please follow the directions posted by Firebird above to test the switches.

Also, I live in Minneapolis.  I'll come work on your machine for free rather than seeing you give money to Worldwide Gaming.
Agree with Post
 +1 (Karma, or whatever) to knagl for such a generous offer of help!!!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Apostle1

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »

Yes, I tested them and 2,3,4 light up when I test them.  One and 5 are already lit up.  On the Self-Test Inputs screen, the only things with a 1 next to it are:  Coin Detector A,B,C and Coin Out.  Also the Door Open has a 1 next to it until I close the door and then it flashes 1 and 0.  The Drop Door Open also has a 1 next ot it regardless of whether or not the door is open.  Does that mean anything?  I don't actually know what Coin Detector means and why there is an A, B and C.  Appreciate advice!  I am leaving for a couple of hours, but will check back later.  Thanks!
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »

I have a poker machine that does that and it the MPU board losing connection.

One step at a time.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »

On the self test input screen, what happens when you press the hold buttons?

Again, just because the button is lighting up doesn't mean that the switch is working.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Apostle1

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »

OK, so there are 2 test screens.  On Screen Test INPUTS, the Hold Buttons show a zero and when I push the button, nothing happens.. However,  the Deal or Max Bet buttons will change from a 1 back to zero when I push them. 

On the Screen Test OUTPUTs, when I hold the buttons for 2-5, they light up. 
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »

OK, so there are 2 test screens.  On Screen Test INPUTS, the Hold Buttons show a zero and when I push the button, nothing happens.. However,  the Deal or Max Bet buttons will change from a 1 back to zero when I push them.

Okay, that's where you want to be.

The Deal/Draw and Bet Max buttons are on a different circuit from the hold buttons, and that's why they're still working while your hold 1-5 aren't.  The buttons should flip from "0" to "1" when you press them (and back to 0 when you release them) -- your goal now is to get your hold buttons working again, as that's the issue with your machine (and that's why it's "stuck" on that double up screen -- it's waiting for the player to press hold 1 or hold 5, and it's not sensing that either of them are being pressed).

Once you have the machine on that Self Test INPUT screen, visually check to ensure that all of the wires are connected to the microswitch on the underside of the buttons.  Also, try jiggling the wires under the hold 1 button (the left most one) and then pressing the button to see if you can get the 0 to change to a 1.

You can also try tracing the wires back from the switches to the motherboard to ensure that the plug is seated correctly in the machine.

Edited to add: You said that the Deal/Draw and Max Bet buttons are showing a 1 except when you press them, then they change to 0.  Are you sure about that?  They should normally be showing a 0, and change to a 1 when you press the button down.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.