Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT PE Plus multi poker slant door switch
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT PE Plus multi poker slant door switch  (Read 31009 times)
KirknDee
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: May 21, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »

Where do I get a new proximity switch for the above. I have checked this with a flashlight and it works. I believe the other side of the switch is bad. Is there any way to bypass? When I check input I get a 1 when open and it changes from 0 to 1 constantly when closed and realignment did not work. This leaves me with a coin lock out 1,2,3 so I cannot play the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Kirk
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 05:59:56 AM »

You checked it with a flashlight?   Scratch Head

Regardless, from what you've posted, it sounds like your door optics are indeed working correctly and do not need to be replaced.  On the self-test inputs screen, the door should show a steady "1" when it is open, and should flicker between 1 and 0 when it's closed.

"coin lock out 1,2,3" isn't a PE+ error message, so to give you further help we'll need to know what the issue is that you're having with the machine, and the exact error message on the screen, please.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
KirknDee

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »

You are correct I get a one when open and it flicker 1 / 0 when closed. The machine will not accecpt coins or bills. I have changed out the coin comparator and the bill validator is red and lets me put bills in and they out. In test mode or test input screen I show a 1 for A, B, and C coin detectors, door open (because when testing it is). Any thing else to check or try.
Regards,
Kirk

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »

When you drop a coin in where does it go, to the tray or the hopper ??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
KirknDee

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:26:57 PM »

The tray. Change out hopper, bill validated, and coin acceptor a few minutes ago no change but they work with another machine. Do I need to due a ram clear. It was working till my wife put an old bill in it. Thanks for the help. I am stuck.
Regards,
Kirk

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »

NO  give your Wife the clear chip and have her hid it from you.

Let's eliminate one thing at a time. Pull the coin comparator and block open the rake on the back side of it and see what happens.

KirknDee

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 12:04:26 AM »

Done no change in machine. Wife has Ram chip.

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 12:17:25 AM »

Right below the coin comparator you will see the coin optic board ( Green ) on that board there is a very, very small white button. Press that button a few times and see if the machine will play one hand with the main door open

KirknDee

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 12:36:19 AM »

Yes I could play one hand.

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 12:51:23 AM »

What does that tell us. yep coin optics are bad or just dirty. First thing I would do is clean them. I've read all about usng a Q tip and with the comparator removed reach down the coin path and clean the optics.  Me I just take one all apart and clean it good.  Maybe cleaning will fix the problem and maybe it won't. Don't forget to take what ever you blocked the rake open, out.

Looking at your axatar I think for helping you I should get a " Get Out Of Jail Free " card.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 12:54:44 AM »

I just thought of something, did you recently change this machine from a dollar to a quarter/nickel  ?? Did the machine ever except coins ??

KirknDee

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 02:10:11 AM »

This machine has always taken quarters. I did try tokens but they jammed in the payout run so I just used quarters.  took the coin acceptor apart and cleaned with a q tip and dry air. No change when I put the machine back together. I tried another coin acceptor same problem on this machine other machine works fine, also quarter but a cat and dog machine. I have four IGT and one Bally.
Regards,
Kirk

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 02:40:09 AM »

Kirk  I don't think it's the coin comparator. I think your problem is in the coin optics that are located below the comparator.  If you feel like it, try switching the optics with another machine, so long as the other machine is a S+ or a PE/PE+ Been a long time since I did one but I think there are only 4 screws and one plug.

KirknDee

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 04:03:49 AM »

I changed out the entire coin system the wiring plugs into a black loose base. I took the complete coin in mech and put it into the cats and dog machine and it worked fine there. The multi poker shows no change. I have data Prom: XM00007P, Game Prom: XMP000006, Charator CG2233 if that helps. When I test the coin comparator I do get the green light. The rake also works when tested. I do show a 1 in coin diverter

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 04:34:40 AM »

It played one game using the pseudo coin button on the coin optics, your gonna have to convince me something is wrong with the software.

This is a slant top isn't it, That complete coin handling just lifts out from one plug.  Any chance there may be a broken wire from the machine to that plug ?? Or take a good look at the pins and see if one of them is bent.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 04:44:50 AM »

I don't understand why you guys are suspecting that there's a problem with the optics?  KirknDee has stated that the A, B, and C optics all show "1" in the Self Test Inputs screen (which indicates normal, working behavior).  He also stated that all coins are being rejected to the tray.  That implies to me that the coin comparator is the issue here, and likely just needs to be adjusted to be less likely to reject coins.  Please follow these two steps:

- Remove and re-insert the sample coin in the comparator.  Make sure it's seating properly -- use your other machines as a reference as to how the coin should be sitting in the comparator.

- Adjust the sensitivity of the comparator to make it less likely to reject coins.  Here's a post on how to do that.

For the bill validator, since you said it's enabled and trying to accept a bill, please use ONLY a $1 bill in good condition, face up, while troubleshooting.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Lyzard
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 05:50:38 AM »

I have one and have noticed that when i get the error i have to open and then close the hatch (door) to clear the error

also i have noticed that you can up the door in test mode (first push of test switch) and close the door and see if the settings still show that all the optics are still working i have had them all set at 1's and when i closed the (door) they went to 0's 

check this and reprort back

Lyzard
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 06:48:40 AM »

I have one and have noticed that when i get the error i have to open and then close the hatch (door) to clear the error

also i have noticed that you can up the door in test mode (first push of test switch) and close the door and see if the settings still show that all the optics are still working i have had them all set at 1's and when i closed the (door) they went to 0's 

For the record, you had a different issue with your machine (a Coin-in Timeout error was appearing on the screen).  KirknDee hasn't indicated that there's any kind of error message, just that it's rejecting all coins.   propeller

Lyzard
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »

I stand corrected

I have had all ones and then the coins still wouldn't accept had to tightin the screws on the black connector so it would not move and it works perfect now might check

Lyzard
KirknDee

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »

I cleaned out the male and female plugs last night. I will test with a VOM this morning. I will also take some pictures. The thing that gets me is I changed out the hopper and coin Assembly completely and they work just fine in my Cat and Dog machine. Is the wire diagrams about the same as a IGT S-Plus. I will sent where everything is when going thru the test mode to see if you see anything wrong. This machine was working fine until my wife tried to put an old $ 20.00 bill in it. I cleaned the Bill validator and tested it in another machine once it was clean. Could she have messed up the transport assembly? I know she was in there getting her money back but I do not know what she did. Thanks for all the help folks. I run ships for a living Chief Engineer so I don't work on many slots.
Regards,
Kirk

Kirk
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »

Look at this thread. reply #23      http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

KirknDee

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »

Here are the first pictures. Hope they come out ok.

* DSC_0935.JPG (873.32 KB, 2256x1496 - viewed 676 times.)

* DSC_0920.JPG (882.52 KB, 2256x1496 - viewed 665 times.)

Kirk
KirknDee

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »

All wire check out. I did find that the solid Orange  ( front row left) and Purple (Left side, third row and last row used) have wiring to plug at coin harness female connection but none on the coin unit it self.

* DSC_0936.JPG (858.97 KB, 2256x1496 - viewed 460 times.)

* DSC_0937.JPG (924.62 KB, 2256x1496 - viewed 446 times.)

Kirk
KirknDee

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

I show a 1 in the coin out does that mean anything?

Kirk
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »

I show a 1 in the coin out does that mean anything?

It means that your coin out optic is working properly.

Have you done what I asked you to do in Reply #15 above?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.