Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:22:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE+ CRT to LCD conversion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ CRT to LCD conversion  (Read 138900 times)
Big_D
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »

Well I'm sure we are all waiting on pins and needles to see what PowderMaker came up with!!

I'm afraid I gave in after not being able to produce stable consistant results and just bought the LCD upgrade from Suzohapp. I didn't like the $300.00 price but I did get my PE+ real cheap so...

next_gaming

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:17 AM »

Hi To All

Is good to see advance on the poker lcd solutions, about ertech gaming i can follow the hardware development through the years now they are working in a new version i want to put the pictures of the first version.

* Vga Version 1.PNG (220.29 KB, 572x152 - viewed 708 times.)
next_gaming

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2012, 02:05:32 AM »

This is the Vga 2.01

Whit sigma poker support, now the board is  3.0 version and a new version is under development whit royal ascot sega support.

* vga-2.01.PNG (478.46 KB, 685x282 - viewed 588 times.)
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »

Thanks for the Update

From this thread it seems some members have tried to contact ERTECH in the past without much success. There are a few people interested in these would be great to get some pricing and availablity info from ERTECH. Please post more details if You can

Ian
PowderMaker

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

Here ya go, I hope everyone can duplicate my results.

Cheers,
PowderMaker

Details in attached document.

* PEPlus CRT to LCD.doc (1246 KB - downloaded 777 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2012, 02:26:32 AM »

Details in attached document.

This is great, thanks, and K+ to you!   Clap

Looking at what you did, it looks like Stolistic and I got very close the last time we worked on this, but we were missing the sync combiner circuit.  In fact, I had even previously seen that exact diagram you included in the document, but we never put one together to test to see if that would resolve the issue.  Nice work -- we'll attempt to duplicate it with the GBS-8220 board that I have (I don't see why it shouldn't work, too).

Edited to add: Are you applying power anywhere to the GBS-8200 board?  I don't see any connected in your pictures in the document, and I'm trying to determine if that's a difference between the 8220 board I have and the 8200 board you have, or if it was just a given that one would need to apply power to the board as well.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:05:09 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2012, 02:58:21 AM »

Basically, I'm gonna pee in my pants if this works!...   rotflmao
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and am ordering some parts tomorrow.  yes
PowderMaker

« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »

Yes, power is applied to both the GBS-8200 board and the sync board. The cord is not attached in the photos but, it is mentioned in the text. I think the only difference between the GBS-8200 and GBS-8220 is the dual VGA output on the GBS-8220.

Seems like everyone was within a hair, I think the trick is the adaptable sync. It has been rock solid in my tests. The video ground to both boards is key as well.

Edited to add: Are you applying power anywhere to the GBS-8200 board?  I don't see any connected in your pictures in the document, and I'm trying to determine if that's a difference between the 8220 board I have and the 8200 board you have, or if it was just a given that one would need to apply power to the board as well.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »

At the risk of making this thread longer, I just had to say ...

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail

+1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever)

The Wave

YOU ROCK!!!   Thanks
alex666
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2012, 02:12:32 PM »

Great news, sorry I've been away doing other things and just checked in to find you have the answer. Spent a few hrs on the problem not to mention I bought every board out there etc etc. I'm looking for the 564 chip now.
Question have you tried all possible sync configurations ie: without sync board
just directly to 8220. Curious if you tried?

Going to flood the 574 with chip-quik and remove with hair dryer best way I think.
PowderMaker

« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »

I didn't try to get a picture through the GBS-8200 without the sync board. Seemed like everyone else tried and had no luck.

alex666
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

They didn't change the 574 thats why I think. I was able to get sync easily just bad color so would like to try that. If so that makes it much simpler. I have all IC's on order to try myself anyway.
PowderMaker

« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »

Did you combine the H and V sync with wire or logic?

They didn't change the 574 thats why I think. I was able to get sync easily just bad color so would like to try that. If so that makes it much simpler. I have all IC's on order to try myself anyway.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »

I didn't try to get a picture through the GBS-8200 without the sync board. Seemed like everyone else tried and had no luck.

Correct, for us at least.  We used a wiring harness that plugged into the PE+, and had the red, blue, and green wires attached to the GBS-8220 accordingly, and tried every combination of sync wires we could come up with (including twisting them together), and no dice.  We would sometimes see part of the image for a second or two, and that was as good as it got.

I'm interested in your results.  To the best of my understanding, the 574/564 change just deals with inverting the colors.  We were never able to get a sync'd signal like you did in this post, Alex, so just inverting the colors might work for you, but as I mentioned even when we tied the sync together we couldn't get a stable picture.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »

I'm back with news to report on what I've done. IGT Multi Poker 1991.
I used a 7404 and inverted everything. Tied Vsync and Hsync together to
Hsync in.
Now I have a good solid pic but the problem is color is no good ie: redish/pink
and black only. If I can resolve this colors issue looks like fixed done.
Don't know what to think about colors yet.

Yes Alex got a stable inverted picture in post #126

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »

You caught me.  Smiley  I did a quick seach back in the thread and found it and quickly edited my post above, but you must have seen my non-edited post where I said, "did I miss where you got a stable image?".  Smiley

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2012, 07:51:43 PM »

I'm curious, can this be taken a step further to modify the machine, rather than each MPU board?  I have multiple PE+ boards that I use to swap games in and out of my machines without having to mess around with removing and inserting chips all the time. 

Basically, I'm wondering if there's any way that the video inversion can be done outside of the board (leaving the existing U45 chip -- the 74HC574 in place on the board), to eliminate the need to modify every MPU board that would go into the machine?

PowderMaker

« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

When Alex said he inverted everything through the 7404, I thought that included the sync signals.

I'm back with news to report on what I've done. IGT Multi Poker 1991.
I used a 7404 and inverted everything. Tied Vsync and Hsync together to
Hsync in.
Now I have a good solid pic but the problem is color is no good ie: redish/pink
and black only. If I can resolve this colors issue looks like fixed done.
Don't know what to think about colors yet.

TZtech

« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2012, 08:24:44 PM »

Karma Storm to Powder Maker for the first working re produceable circuit

Knagl

That will be a bit difficult as the RGB outputs are not simply a logic high or low - The latch switches a network of resistors and transistors to produce various voltage levels on the 3 colour drive outputs. I think this is why Alex was not getting the right colours back in post #126 as he was inverting the outputs.

Some more experimentation on the V and H drive should be done. As per attached schematic this is controlled by U56. The ideal would be to fit a socket here to and then have a inverting (CRT) and non inverting (LCD) chips which can be simply swapped around. Problem is I dont yet know what the other 2 gates on U56 are used for.

* PE+ Synch.pdf (574.02 KB - downloaded 334 times.)
* PE+ Video.pdf (496.25 KB - downloaded 314 times.)
TZtech

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »

Hi Guys

Anybody with a GBS-8220 got this working ? Time to order one and wondering if its worth while paying a few extra dollars for the 8220.
Found these on EBAY - good price and free shippping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-ARCADE-GAME-CONVERTER-CGA-RGB-YUV-EGA-to-VGA-GBS-8200-Promotion-now-/250899698913?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3a6ac994e1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ARCADE-GAME-CONVERTER-CGA-RGB-YUV-EGA-to-VGA-GBS-8220-Promotion-/250899701935?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3a6ac9a0af

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »

I haven't had a chance to play with it since last year TZ but on that particular board,
I busted an adjustment dial the last time I was using it.  bawling
I broke one of the 3 color adjustments located next to the serial/VGA output.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »

Anybody with a GBS-8220 got this working ? Time to order one and wondering if its worth while paying a few extra dollars for the 8220.

To the best of my knowledge, the only difference between the 8200 that Powder Maker used and the 8220 is that the 8220 has two VGA outputs. Not necessary for this (unless you somehow want to have two screens showing the same image on the machine). Save the extra $3 and go with the 8200.

TZtech

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2012, 08:21:36 AM »

Hi All

Got a 8200 for $24 including shipping - Keep an eye on this seller there is still currently 2 on auction.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/eletronic1120/m.html?hash=item3cc6fe317a&item=261036585338&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562.

Has anybody done some more experimenting with the Synch mod?

Ian
azgamingslots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260944243273?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

this one looks much simpler and cheaper, definitely won't invert, however -but will it work converting crt to lcd?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260944243273?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

this one looks much simpler and cheaper, definitely won't invert, however -but will it work converting crt to lcd?

From what I can see through the board to the traces on the underside, there's no logic on the board, so I can't see how it could double the frequency to get from 15Khz CGA to the 30Khz needed for VGA.  no

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.