Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  IGT Spectrum Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  IGT Spectrum Display
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Spectrum Display  (Read 9179 times)
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« on: September 21, 2008, 02:44:53 AM »

tacman

Spectrum display
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a mini or micro Spectrum display? Thanks!

Dan (tacman)

DJH

Re: Spectrum display
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a pix for now and I will try to find you a pinout.  All specturm displays are Netplex so the connector and wiring should be the same other then power.  However I guess we need more detail on your project as I am just taking a guess on what you are working on.   

* 1.jpg (99.46 KB, 800x600 - viewed 550 times.)

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 02:48:16 AM »

I added this post as a reply to my original question because Railroad94's homemade cables make identifying the wire connections on the harnesses pretty clear.

Railroad94

spectrum display on S-2000
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »   

Got me A working 960 spectrum,spectrum board # 7551260 on my S-2000 

1st pic.... shows the green display

2nd pic...Looking at the 6 pin molex connector you can see my 13 VDC (red wire)  and the black wire (A GND) feeding the spectrum board and along side of that are the positive and negative jump wires going to the 2 pin molex that gives power to the display. 

In the bottom of the picture you can see the 5 wire plug which are your netplex connections.

3rd pic...Is where all your connections are made on the power distribution board. The bottom row of connectors (10 pin molex) are your netplex. The bottom left plug is your netplex feeding the board and coming from the lower cabinet. When hooking up your display you can use any of the open plugs on the bottom,I used the 3rd one over for the spectrum.

When looking at the plug,the bottom two wires on the left,orange w/black stripe (25VDC) and the yellow w/black stripe(BGND)
ARE NOT USED FOR THE SPECTRUM!!!!!! they are there to feed A ballast for lighting,such as A topper with backlit graphics . On the bottom right of that plug you can see the red w/blackstripe wire(13VDC) and black wire(A GND)

* 1.jpg (64.09 KB, 592x400 - viewed 517 times.)

* 2.jpg (71.65 KB, 592x400 - viewed 1325 times.)

* 3.jpg (86.5 KB, 592x400 - viewed 604 times.)

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:53:46 AM »

Those that have one working. Is the increment limited to a percentage of coin or denomination played or is it more like the Mikohn where it is a actual value setting>

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »

I added this post as a reply to my original question because Railroad94's homemade cables make identifying the wire connections on the harnesses pretty clear.

Railroad94

spectrum display on S-2000
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »   

Got me A working 960 spectrum,spectrum board # 7551260 on my S-2000 

1st pic.... shows the green display

2nd pic...Looking at the 6 pin molex connector you can see my 13 VDC (red wire)  and the black wire (A GND) feeding the spectrum board and along side of that are the positive and negative jump wires going to the 2 pin molex that gives power to the display. 

In the bottom of the picture you can see the 5 wire plug which are your netplex connections.

3rd pic...Is where all your connections are made on the power distribution board. The bottom row of connectors (10 pin molex) are your netplex. The bottom left plug is your netplex feeding the board and coming from the lower cabinet. When hooking up your display you can use any of the open plugs on the bottom,I used the 3rd one over for the spectrum.

When looking at the plug,the bottom two wires on the left,orange w/black stripe (25VDC) and the yellow w/black stripe(BGND)
ARE NOT USED FOR THE SPECTRUM!!!!!! they are there to feed A ballast for lighting,such as A topper with backlit graphics . On the bottom right of that plug you can see the red w/blackstripe wire(13VDC) and black wire(A GND)

which set of wires on the netplex board runs to the left bottom of the machine?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 02:43:13 AM »

The ones that are connected to the left most netplex port (10 pin) you can see the Harness tag on the wires at the lower left of the picture

note that harness in that picture is only about a foot long or less in length

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
rumjar86
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 12:04:14 AM »

I have a question the five pin cable that from what I have is green and is below the power connectors. what are the connections/interface. I am wondering if I could use the serial port to send data from a computer eg display text etc. please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.