Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally Money Honey Model 742A - Manufactured in 1964 - Value?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Money Honey Model 742A - Manufactured in 1964 - Value?  (Read 27096 times)
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 08:19:57 PM »

ahh thanks - that's great dyou think I need to remove the Money Honey from the ebay tag as I don't want to falsely advertise it or get in trouble for it ....

I don't think you'll get in trouble for it, since misrepresentation is practically a requirement on ebay.co.uk.   Cry Laughing

In case you don't get the joke or the listings are removed, these are faux Jennings Chief and Watling Rol-a-Top machines consisting of a genuine case (in the case of the Jennings) and a reproduction front (in the case of the Watling) concealing MPU4 stepper motor innards.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »

that is one fine looking money honey - looks original - the hopper is a dead give away - that is the style used in the early 742s. 
acorndrive
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 07:37:05 AM »

I,ve purchased a few of these in mainland Europe over the past year; allow me a couple of observations. Firstly given the current state of the UK economy you will get less if offered for sale in the UK alone than across Europe, simply because many more genuine old slot machine classics including Jennings, Mills, Bally etc are coming onto the market in the UK. Curiously, there is an active arbitrage market playing off the UK against Europe as a result.

Secondly Money Honeys and their variants are not as rare as you would think; I would expect a final price in the range of 150 - 200 GBP although the absence of the top light, plus redenomination costs, and repairs will mitigate against this sum by prospective purchasers. Also, the machine as pointed out is not actually a "Money Honey", although it looks very well maintained.

A word on shipping costs. Buyers can expect to pay circa 45 - 50 GBP within UK, for most of the rest of Europe the charge will be circa 120 - 160 GBP; again this needs to be taken into account by buyers (and sellers!!).

Good luck with the sale...........I will be watching.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 02:41:33 PM by acorndrive » Logged
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »

prices will vary i have been tracking the price of ballys on e bay for nearly 2 years and prices paid do vary for said same machines
an original coinage with high jackpot will fetch £250
bally gold awards can go from £55 to £195(a bit of friend bidding)
most uk ballys are low denomination 1p 2p play with low jackpots you can pick these up for £50 to £90
ballys with high jackpots will be normally over £200 ie one sold the other day on e bay for £226 this was a 3 coin player with a 1000 coin jackpot
i think over all ballys are still reasonable and myself have bought one for £62 today
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.