Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 873-A - coin kicker problem?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 873-A - coin kicker problem?  (Read 4258 times)
Chedderboy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 29, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »

I just bought a 873-A fruit machine from an estate sale and overall it's in pretty good shape.  When I tried it at purchase, it seems to payout (no quarters).  When I got it back to my parents house and threw some quarters in, I immediately noticed that none were coming out of the hopper.  Further inspection revealed the "coin kicker" was fully extended and prohibiting coins from going past it to the mechanical counter / change payout crome bowl. 

Any ideas on this one?  Burnt coil or something needing to be cleaned?  I sold my Bally Slot Book when I let my last machine go, so I'm out of luck...

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bally 873-A $.25 machine
Bally 1112 $1.00 machine
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »

Hi... Is it possible that your hopper has timed out? If you hit a jackpot and had no coins in it the hopper, it would run till the timer would shut it off. There should be a slide lever that runs under the hopper to the timer in the left rear side of the cabinet. Push that lever in and reset the timer. If yours doesn't have one remove the hopper and push it with your finger.

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »

1st  make sure its a 25 cent  hopper see if coins fit in space on hopper wheel and make sure both wires or on coil that pulls inthe diverter on upper hopper ,the hopper is turning right? if not the timer might have just ran out
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 02:19:04 AM »

If the motor runs it's probably a burnt coil, since that coil goes in parallel with the motor and if the motor has power it should be pulled in. Is it stuck - can you move it manually? Check for broken or detached wires, too.
Chedderboy

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:28:56 AM »

The motor runs and the hopper turns to make the payout.  The coin kicker seems to be fully extended and knocking all the quarters out of the way.  If I physically push back the coin kicker, the hopper will successfully pay the proper amount of coins.  The hopper seems to be correct for a quarter.   I don't see any burnt/disconnected wires.  It will manually move when pushed.

Bally 873-A $.25 machine
Bally 1112 $1.00 machine
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 03:51:22 AM »

The coil is open circuit, then. If it's burned out it should be obvious, blackened. If it looks ok, perhaps the coil wire became disconnected from the tag at one end, and you can fix it. Otherwise you'll have to replace or rewind it. If you have a meter you could check it for continuity - it will be quite low resistance - but disconnect it first or you'll be measuring the motor.
Chedderboy

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 02:43:47 AM »

It didn't fix the actual problem, but I removed the spring from the coin kicker and the machine plays fine.

Bally 873-A $.25 machine
Bally 1112 $1.00 machine
frenchmarky

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:11:14 AM »

The 873 I bought yesterday had a similar issue, but it was just a case where the spring and washer were missing from the pin on the kicker arm, so the kicker was basically disabled like yours is now.  You will probably notice an extra coin here or there in your payouts, that kicker is supposed to quickly kick away the next coin in the hopper so that you don't have chance of being overpaid one coin when the current payout is finished.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.