Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally coil needed for a 1099!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally coil needed for a 1099!!  (Read 8463 times)
Bally_Rookie
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

Hello, I'm very new to this forum and to EM slot machines. I just purchased a Bally 1099 with some issues.  The first thing i need to address is the reset coil next to the step up coil in the upper unit.  The reset coil does not have a Bally part number just a blue label.  I'm hoping someone could tell me the Bally part number or know of a replacement coil.  Thanks
Bally_Rookie
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

I found it, the Bally part number is C28-1100.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:15:20 AM »

Well done, and welcome to the forum! Care to tell us where you found the replacement? Those EM parts are getting scarce.

Bally_Rookie
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:45:48 PM »

I found it on Ebay from Foxsslots1. I also bought a wiring diagram.  I'm hoping that it was just a burnt out coil and not another issue causing it to stick.  When I opened the upper unit I noticed that a wire was loose from that coil which may or may not have caused it. It was on the terminal where two orange wires are connected.  It did notice that the step up gear with the wipers was really tight also, it wouldn't reset.
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:47 AM »

Welcome Rookie,

You'll find lots of good info and advice here.  Don't forget to check out the NLG download area.  You'll find an EM Troubleshooting Guide there too.

Its Always Something...
Bally_Rookie
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 02:33:48 AM »

Well.... I received the coil today, it didn't come with a sleeve.  The old one was melted to the old coil, so I had to rob one off an old pinball machine. Installed it and the step up works great with all lights working properly.  Now I need to figure out why it pays when its not showing a win and why it doesn't when it is.  First thing I'm going to try is adjusting the wiper arms on the reels.  Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
Op-Bell

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:09:26 AM »

First thing I'm going to try is adjusting the wiper arms on the reels.
Um, I think you may regret doing that. It's much more likely that the reel strips are mounted with an offset, so check that first. For lining up purposes, the deepest slot on the reel disk is generally the highest paying symbol, and the shallowest is the least paying symbol (or blank). Manually turn the reels to the three deepest slots and check there are three jackpot symbols on the payline. If they are one or two symbols off, slide the strip until they line up. If they are a quarter or a half circumference off, then someone unscrewed the reel from the disk and put it back together wrong. The reels come out easily and slide off the rod after you remove the E-rings. They have roller bearings so watch it, as if the hubs are worn the rollers may fall out. Then there's always the possibility that you have the wrong strips entirely.

Bally_Rookie
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »

Ok... I manually rotated the reels to the deepest index (shown in picture) and this is where the reels ended up at.  If you notice someone has written above the wiper contacts. They don't seem to match. On reel two the contact says 7 on the deepest index (pictured).  Are the 7's suppose to be deepest or the bar's?  On reel one and three the 7 is NOT marked as the deepest index.

* slotrepair3.jpg (181.66 KB, 800x600 - viewed 296 times.)

* slotrepair2.jpg (143.75 KB, 800x600 - viewed 252 times.)
Op-Bell

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »

Oh wait, you have a 5 line. The slot depths on a 5 line do not correspond to individual symbols, but to groups of 3 symbols. Whoever wrote on the contact board didn't make it clear, but where he wrote PL PL PL PL there will be 4 places where a plum turns up on the middle line with different symbols above and below. Find a symbol where there's only one per reel, like 7, then line these up on the center line and see if they line up with where 7 is written on the contact boards, that will tell you if your strips are ok. There's also a possibility that someone took the reels off the shaft and put them back in the wrong order.
Bally_Rookie
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 12:27:46 AM »

Can anyone tell me the correct sequence, in relation to the symbol on the strip -vs- the the row of vertical
contacts on the wiper board (working from the front to rear)  for each reel ?  I want to make sure the
reel alignment is correct.  The game doesn't pay properly.  There are some pencil marks on the wiper
boards but they don't corespond with the reel symbol.  I don't want to assume the pencil markings
are correct.  For example, on reel 1, the fourth row from the front is marked bell on the PCB but the
plum is on the tape.  The reels and tape are marked 1, 2 & 3 going left to right.

What I'd like to confirm is that the reel tape is in the correct position by placing a symbol on the center
line and matching that with the position of the wiper arm and the vertical contacts on the board, but
I have no documentation telling me what row = what symbol.
Op-Bell

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 02:16:16 AM »

You are going to have to do some detective work.

First make a list of the symbols on each reel strip.

Now go down each list and write down the groups of three - that is, the symbol before, the symbol, and the symbol after. So from the picture above, some of the groups for the left reel will be (??? orange plum), (orange plum bar), (plum bar plum), (bar plum ???). You will probably end up with 10 different triplets for each reel, with several occurring multiple times.

Each of the different triplets has a different slot depth and its own column of studs on the wiper board - repeats of the same triplet will go to the same column of studs. Call the columns 1 through 10, or however many, then index the reel one place at a time and make a list of the positions of the wipers.

You now have two lists that you can line up against each other until identical triplets line up to identical wiper positions. It will probably only line up in one position. That's the proper position of the reel strip.

In case you're wondering, the rows of wiper studs run in five separate groups for each reel. Which of the five groups connects to the hopper is determined by how many coins are played.
Bally_Rookie
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »

Well... This isn't going so good. My dreams of being a slot tech. are going out the window.  Now thoughts of a blazing fire are in my mind.  I lined up the first reel,  (using the wiring diagram that shows the correct wiper positions), just by unscrewing the four screws that hold the reel in place, moved it so everything lined up correctly.  Now checking the second reel, which would not line up no matter how I positioned the reel by unscrewing the screws (1 in 4 chance it would line up).  So using the wiring diagram I put painters tape over the second and third reel and marked the correct symbol on the tape.  Still no luck... I manually set the bells, bars, 7's in place on the first line by holding the timer then releasing it. No pays.  Oranges and plums paid when the right combination was found.  Cherries pay correctly, 2 for 1 cherry and 5 for 2 cherries. Thank you very much Op-bell for all the information you have given me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:30:58 PM by Bally_Rookie » Logged
Op-Bell

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »

Congratulations on getting the first reel set up, but the fact the reel was screwed to the wrong position on the disk indicates someone had the whole reel assembly apart and didn't put it back together right.

It's quite possible reels 2 and 3 are reversed, or that reel 2 (the strip) is screwed to reel 3's disk - you'll have to take the reels apart to change those things. If you do take the reels off, take a close look at both sides of the disks - they should be stamped somewhere with a 1-2-3.

Bally_Rookie
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:22 AM »

Finally... We've done it!!!  Every combination is paying correctlly. The third reel tape needed to be uncrimped and re-aligned.  Its a strange thing though, the wiring diagram didn't match the second reel, but it did for the 1st and 3rd.  Thanks again Op-bell.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 03:03:27 AM »

GREAT job guys!!!! Dancing Party Congratulations
Op-Bell

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 04:22:31 AM »

Well done, congratulations! You have passed the initiation. From now on you shall no longer be known as Bally Rookie.

Step forward, Bally JOURNEYMAN!  applause applause applause applause applause
Chedderboy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »

Can you post some pics of the slot?  Is it a dollar version?

Bally 873-A $.25 machine
Bally 1112 $1.00 machine
mike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 04:06:42 PM »

hello that was great info op-bell,i also have that same problem and cured it a while a go ,i only wish i kneww your way first/way to go
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.