Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 988 Deluxe Progessive no insert coin/coin accepted/winner paid lights
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 988 Deluxe Progessive no insert coin/coin accepted/winner paid lights  (Read 6132 times)
jerry304
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: March 28, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »

HI,
I just bought an Bally 988 Deluxe Progessive (Double Progressive, nickel, 4 reel, 3 line pay) and after many hours of cleaning and fixing, everything works as it should except the insert coin and coin accepted lights, as well as the winer paid light. The bulbs are new,and I tested the sockets with a jumper and they work. The insert coin/coin accepted lights did not work at first, then all of a sudden worked for a little while, now don't work again. I've checked the coin relay, and everywhere else I can think of for broken or loose wires but can't find anything. As far as the winner paid light, I checked the open at zero sw. on the hopper and the contacts seem fine.

Any suggestions??

Jerry

* Bally 988.jpg (175.75 KB, 600x800 - viewed 350 times.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:00:13 PM by jerry304 » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »

If memory serves me right, that signal that is common to those is a set of contacts on the hopper relay switch. I think the insert coin lamp comes thru that switch onto the C-2 SWITCH  and onto the lamp. the coin accept  goes thru the same contacts on the hopper onto the coin relay switch and onto the lamp. I think the wiring on the C-2 is the red/ black  and yellow wires.  on the coin relay I think it is the blue/ red and the gray/ red wires.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jerry304

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »

HI,

I checked all the relays and could not find any broken wires or anything out of the ordinary. Is there any way to re-wire the lamps? Does anyone have a schematic that might help. The service manuals only show partial schematics of individual circuits, not the entire machine.

Thanks,
 Jerry
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »

Usually you won't find a broken wire, the contacts are usually the problem, they appear to be closed but are in fact open, the only way to determine this is with a meter. Tracing wires in these machines is pretty easy, its usually point to point, then into the reel mech. or hopper or odds unit, and back to the power source. As is in your case,  the both bulbs are wired to a common side of the 6.3vac supply voltage. the other side of the supply voltage gets to the bulb through a series of switch contacts that operate in a certain sequence, to try and bypass this would be difficult. I realize tracing wires is time consuming but you will find the problem and your machine will operate as it was intended. If you use the limited drawings coupled with point to point wire tracing, you should be able to track down the switch contacts that are causing your problem. I still think your problem is associated with the hopper payout relay and its switch contacts. according to a drawing I have this set of contacts is common to both of the lamp circuits your are having a problem with. The drawing I have was for a Bally 809 5 coin multiplier, and Bally reused alot of the same type circuits and relay functions for all their electromechanicals.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »

The wires that control the Insert coin - accepted and paid lights are on the hopper payout relay - the green/white and Yellow - check the contacts at that switch.
jerry304

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 03:04:02 AM »

I have spent about 5 hours trying to figure out where the problem is. I can not find anything wrong with any of the switches or contacts.I traced the wires from the insert coin light through the reel mech and back to the molex plug. Nothing open. As far as the hopper, there are two relays. The payout relay appears to be fine. There is another relay on the bottom of the hopper that doesnt seem to do anything. I tried manually closing the contacts and that has no effect. I looked at every switch contact in the odds unit (there must be 50 of them) and still, can not find anything out of the ordinary. I just don't know what else to check.
Any suggestions???
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:36 PM »

did you find the green/white wire and the yellow wire that make up the switch?   make sure that the yellow wire is making contact - that is the common wire that makes the light circuit with the blue wire at the bulb.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.