Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Newbie with DD bonus machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie with DD bonus machine  (Read 4840 times)
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« on: November 24, 2010, 06:40:34 AM »

Scratch Head  Hello All. I recently purchased an IGT model IA65 Double Double Bonus video poker machine which has a manufactured date of 12/95. I don't know what the correct terminology is regarding this type of machine as far as the model name, ie PE or S2000 or whatever but would like to know how it is referred to. The machine seems to be in good shape. There is slight burn-in in the CRT and a bulb out in the front glass near the bill acceptor. I am only very familiar with how to play the game and have only tinkered with the selection switch and the jackpot reset, changed the progressive setting to show 4000 on the paytable instead of jackpot and stuff like that. I would like to know if there is a manual or set of manuals that are available for this machine and how to acquire them. I am not a slot tech by any means but would like to see what the preventive maintenance would be and also what is recommended. While trying the embedded bill validator, the acceptor makes a loud semi grinding noise although it does accept bills, but only the ones. I tried a new type 20.00 and it would not accept it. I think I need a new validator that accepts all of the latest currency and would like to get information as to how I could obtain it also. I would like to say thanks to NLG for accepting my membership and also to anyone in advance that could help me with my "issues".

Jeremiah
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:46:16 PM »

Post a couple of pictures, one of the front and one of the inside...

Thanks,
Bill
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:39:38 AM »

Thank you for your response. Here are a couple of pictures of the machine. I would like to know if there is a manual or set of manuals that are available for this machine and how to acquire them. I am not a slot tech by any means but would like to see what the preventive maintenance would be and also what is recommended. While trying the embedded bill validator, the acceptor makes a loud semi grinding noise although it does accept bills, but only the ones. I tried a new type 20.00 and it would not accept it. I think I need a new validator that accepts all of the latest currency and would like to get information as to how I could obtain it also.Thanks in advance for any help with my "issues".

* DSC00108.JPG (871.53 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 262 times.)

* DSC00109.JPG (865.72 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 249 times.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:25:01 AM by JEREMIAH » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »

For the record, you have an upright IGT Players Edge Plus (PE+) with an embedded dollar bill validator.   propeller

The silver tag on the top of the bill validator (where you stick bills in) should indicate what model it is (it should begin with "DBV-" or "WBA-"), and give us an idea as to how far you can upgrade it.  You're never going to get it to accept the new purple 5s, I don't think, but you should be able to upgrade it to at least accept the "new style" large portrait $20 bills.

Was the $20 you were trying one of the latest ones that has more color to it, or one of the older large portrait bills that are just green and white?  If it was the newest style, try inserting one of the slightly older style $20s and see if it accepts it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:13:43 AM »

yes Awesome...Thank you. I have included a picture of the bill validator and also a pic of the "motherboard"? I would like to know what the upgrade options are based on this board, ie different games. The $20.00 bill I tried was the one with mostly green and white. Any help on acquiring a set of manuals would be appreciated also. Thanks again for the help Hail

* DSC00112.JPG (638.37 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 269 times.)

* DSC00113.JPG (902.38 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 246 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »

Okay, you have a DBV-200 which is good.  (Some machine have the DBV-145 which can't be upgraded as far.)  A bill validator expert will have to chime in, but I believe you can get that upgraded to at least accept the green newer $20s.

As a learning point, the board you removed and took a picture of is called the MPU (Main Processor Unit) board.  The MPU board plugs into the motherboard (sometimes refered to as a "backplane"), which is a smaller fixed board mounted in the back of the machine (it has the sockets that the gray plastic covered pins on the MPU board plug into).  The distinction is important when troubleshooting to make sure everyone is on the same page.

On a side note, hopefully you know this, but please make sure to always have the power turned off when removing or inserting the MPU board.  If you don't, bad smoke can come out of the board.
 Burning Resistor

Good news for you -- you have what is called a "superboard" which can run any of the PE+ game titles.  (There are two types of MPU boards -- the standard one, and the superboard.  The standard one can only support some older games, while the superboard can support the same older games plus all of the newer games made for the PE+.)  In particular, that means your machine can run the multi-game sets that have five player-selectable poker games to choose from.

All of these game titles plus others not listed there were made for the PE+.  The best bang for your buck would be to get one of the Multi Poker sets listed in there, as you get five poker games in one.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:07:35 AM »

propeller Thank you so much knagl. Nice to know what my options are. Can you recommend a dealer for the bill validator and the chip sets, if that is what is required to change the games? Are there manuals available for purchase for this machine? Can the payouts(9/5, 8/5,etc) be adjusted with some kind of setting or is a chip change required? I know this is alot of questions but I am very interested in getting this machine "up to snuff" and appreciate the help. yes
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »

I think the best thing you can do is place an wanted ad in the "Classifieds" section of NLG.
Browse around NLG a bit so you can get used to how we're set up here!
There are all kinds of vendors lurking around in there and hopefully
one of them will spot your ad and try to get into contact with you via PM messaging.  propeller

Make sure your profile is filled out too!
Sometimes someone close to you will try to help too!
That's what this site is all about!
Helping each other out and getting their games up to "snuff"!  yes
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »

Can you recommend a dealer for the bill validator and the chip sets, if that is what is required to change the games? Are there manuals available for purchase for this machine? Can the payouts(9/5, 8/5,etc) be adjusted with some kind of setting or is a chip change required?

As Bunker said, you can place a message in the Classifieds section, or try contacting Jim from Blueridge directly via PM -- I imagine he'd be able to help you with the parts you need.

The paytable is determined by the program chip -- you can't just change the paytable by a setting in the menu.  If you look at the individual games in the link I posted above, you'll see the different paytables available and the different chip numbers that go along with them.

As far as a manual, I think I have one buried on the hard drive of my computer -- give me a day or two to find it and I'll send it to you.  The manual doesn't provide a ton of information beyond what you've likely already figured out about your machine, but it doesn't hurt to have it.

Please do fill out your profile and un-hide your e-mail address (only registered, logged-in members will be able to see your e-mail address if you uncheck the box to make it visible -- spambots and unregistered visitors will not be able to see it) -- then surprises may appear in your inbox.  Smiley

JEREMIAH
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:15:29 AM »

Duh! Thank you both for your advice. I have spent some time browsing this forum and am starting to understand how it is laid out, and based on your advice, how to go about "things". I look forward to receiving the manual on the machine, knagl. I will complete my profile and hopefully get some "hits". I hope to be speaking with you soon about how to install my new chip sets or my new bill validator. I spent some time looking at some pictures of game rooms on that section of the forum and WOW! There are some awesome collections there. I believe this forum is exactly what i will need to help me build my own collection, piece by ever-lovin' piece. Again, thanks for your help. wave
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »

You've Got Mail

This site is, in my opinion, the single best site for home ownership of slot machines.  There are some great people here, and a lot of knowledge among the folks who post here.

These machines tend to multiply -- once you have one, a second, and third, and fourth, and fifth... etc. tend to appear in your house before you know it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.