Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  jcm 200 in a gamemaker bartop lock problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: jcm 200 in a gamemaker bartop lock problem  (Read 1684 times)
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« on: November 07, 2010, 10:37:41 PM »

I have a gamemaker bartop with the jcm 200 validator.  There is a slot style lock mech that you turn to unlock the cashbox door to get to the cash box. Either the mech has become jammed or the spring inside has broke, but either way the lock is hung up and cannot be secured thus the game produces an unlocked error and will not allow play.  The lock seems to be a sealed unit from the outside.  Since this is a home game, is there anyway to disable the wiring to bypass the hangup or take the validator apart to get to the lock mech. Thanks in advance for any and all help as always.
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »

I wanted to update this thread with my results. I waded into  the validator. I could not find schematics for the cash box, but ventured in anyway. When I got it dismantled enough to get to the cash box lock and switch the connectors were to difficult to reach. I ended up using some adhesive foam and placing it agianst the switch contact to keep it in the locked position. The cash box does not need to be locked now, and being a bartop the entire validator sinks back into the bartop holding the cash box closed. I did a test under the diagnostics and the validator tested ok. When I completed cllosing everything back up however, I ended up  with a logic error on the screen.  I am in the process of researching exactly what a logic error is and how I can clear it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.