Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  need help with bill validator and codes
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need help with bill validator and codes  (Read 16914 times)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »

since the b/v is enabled you should be able to go to the input tests,  1 in the coins played window, hit change button until you get to #27. it should turn on the b/v lamps (provided they are good/ usually led bar in slant tops) if it is on you should be able to insert a bill, it will accept it ,hold it for a few seconds and then return it.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »

Can you recommend where to buy set and clear chips and which ones I will need for this 872? Im located in Calif, fresno area. I also didnt mention and dont know if it matters but when machine pays out it doesnt build up credits, it just pays out quarters. Thanks again everyone for your help

With no credits on the machine, press the self test 3 times and you should be at that 5_X with 0 in the coins played window. You probably have 5_1.  Use the spin button to change it to 5_0 and all credits will always go to the meter. Or you can set it to 5_2 and it will revert to credit mode after the machine is idle for 30 seconds with no credits. In the 5_2 mode, you can toggle it to pay coins before you start playing by pressing the cash/credit button.

Put a WTB in the classifieds for your chips. A SET026 is called for your SP872, but others may work.
jeffro1
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 12:01:36 AM »

OK I installed new BV and clear chip and set chip ( Thanks Poppo!) But I still have same problem. I set BV to 9_1 and the denom 6-25 but bill validator will not accept a bill , I dont think it even recognizes the bill. Light on front of BV (where it says insert bill) flashes 1 time very quickly when your close BV door and BV cylcles thru . Not sure what to try next. Anyone have an idea for me please?  Thanks
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 12:17:32 AM »

Look at this my favorite thread. Dan #2  reply   #23        http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
poppo

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 12:23:13 AM »

Look at this my favorite thread. Dan #2  reply   #23        http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4226.msg8620#msg8620

That's a good point. The best way to check this is to have the cash can out and look in there with a flashlight. It will be pretty obvious if the rear is not seated. You won't see the tabs and the gear will not be very low in the slot. Here is what it should look like.

* transport.jpg (203.52 KB, 1198x1024 - viewed 224 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »

I guess I'm just lazy.  I loosen the two front screws and while holding the front of the head, gently press down on the RED lever. If the rear attempts to move up, the ears aren't hooked in place.  I remember all this from the bitch of a time I had with my first S+ ( before NLG )

poppo

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:18 AM »

I guess I'm just lazy.  I loosen the two front screws and while holding the front of the head, gently press down on the RED lever. If the rear attempts to move up, the ears aren't hooked in place.  I remember all this from the bitch of a time I had with my first S+ ( before NLG )

I know my round top can be stubborn. I don't know why, but the transport sometimes won't budge even if it's not seated right. Sometimes it even gets jammed when not put in just right where I have a hard time getting it back out. Something might be slightly bent though. 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 12:48:13 AM »

I know my round top can be stubborn. I don't know why, but the transport sometimes won't budge even if it's not seated right. Sometimes it even gets jammed when not put in just right where I have a hard time getting it back out. Something might be slightly bent though. 

Look at the two little flat ears on the back of the transport. I for years have carried a 4" crescent wrench in my pocket, works great to bent them back in shape.

poppo

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 12:53:33 AM »

Look at the two little flat ears on the back of the transport. I for years have carried a 4" crescent wrench in my pocket, works great to bent them back in shape.

It's something with the BV cabinet as it does it with any transport. They all pop in to my other machine fine.
jeffro1
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 11:37:52 PM »

Its Fixed!  The tabs were bent on the back of the transport so it was not fitting in the cage properly. It is very trickey to get in there just right, but it running great now. Thanks to all and special thanks to Poppo!
poppo

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »

Glad to hear it. applause  K+ to Buzz for reminding us not to overlook some of the simple things we should have checked early on.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:43 AM »

Congratulations

K+ to everyone in the thread!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 02:40:48 AM »

30-something posts to find out it was a couple of bent tabs??????   Duh!  face in palm rotflmao

Congratulations everyone!  Tongue Out
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 02:52:16 AM »

Bunker We have this very same problem pop up about every 90 day's.  If Dan #2 was getting paid for every time I have posted that link, he could buy another machine. I have that link in my favorites so I don't have to look for it. Besides Wayne said he wanted to revisit that thread every now and then. Why I don't know ??   Duh! Duh! Duh!

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »

That's okay if the problem keeps popping up Buzz...
I like that thread too...!!  rotflmao
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.