Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:38:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 bill acceptor head
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 bill acceptor head  (Read 7274 times)
Tommy1
« on: February 18, 2011, 05:28:23 PM »

Hello,

I have an IGT PE Plus poker machine that I installed a DBV-200 bill acceptor in. The old one was missing so I'm not sure what was there.
It accepts the bills but doesn't give any credits after the 1st bill is inserted unless the machine has been turned off and restarted. If the                                                                                                            machine shows any credits it just accepts the bill but doesn't add to what ever is on the machine, then after that even if the machine                                                                                                              shows 0 credits it will not work. The coin acceptor however does work right. I believe the dip switches are set correctly. Does anyone
have any ideas? Also the bezel that attaches to the bill acceptor has a 4 prong plug and there doesn't seem anywhere  to plug it in.

Thanks,

Tommy1
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:05:20 PM by Tommy1 » Logged
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »

I'm not familiar with the PE Poker, but it might help if you tell us exactly what is printed on the DBV-200 head since there are different versions.

As for the bezel, I'm also not sure about how that is connected on a PE. But generally two of the pins are for the bezel lamp power and two are for the enable lines. You can try tracing the circled wires below going to the DBV and see where they go. Those two wires are the enable lines and should go directly to the bezel connector with the power wires added in somewhere along the way.

* dbv.jpg (247.11 KB, 1040x746 - viewed 325 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 05:14:23 AM »

I bet they are grabbing the 7-9VAC from a player switch close to the bezel (like they did on the S+)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Tommy1
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 01:02:42 PM »

Thanks for the repies,

The only numbers on it are MODEL DBV-200, SERIAL NO 911086682, DC12V 15VA and 063MA0101B.

I also took a picture

Thanks

* DSCF2793.JPG (1003.94 KB, 2304x1728 - viewed 335 times.)
poppo

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

Thanks for the repies,

The only numbers on it are MODEL DBV-200, SERIAL NO 911086682, DC12V 15VA and 063MA0101B.

I also took a picture

Thanks

There should also be something that says ID022/ID023 or similar.

As for the bezel lamp, you are missing the cable I showed circled above. So unless it's stuffed somewhere in the back, you may need to procure one.

Also when you said it won't give credits after the first bill, does it reject bills or does it take them and just not give credits? And will it take more than one bill at that point?

Where is that cable with just the 2 wires going? The Bezel?  Hmmm... does a PE bezel even turn on/off when with the BV is enabled/disabled or does it just stay lit up if power is applied to it?  Scratch Head
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:26:47 PM by poppo » Logged
Tommy1
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 01:45:32 PM »

The wire is from the bezel and it's the one I mentioned that has 4 wires. I looked and can't see any other wires or plugs on the machine not connected or loose. On the front of the bill acceptor
are the numbers BO23. The machine rarely rejects any bills, it accepts but doesn't give any credits it just takes them in.
OhioGaming
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »

flip dip switch number 10 on the bottom of the head in the oppsite direction

edit .. sorry mis-read the topic .. this would only be for changing it to IDO 22 for the PE + .. since you are saying it takes the billd into the cash box? there is something else going on
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:01:59 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
poppo

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »

flip dip switch number 10 on the bottom of the head in the oppsite direction

Wouldn't the wrong ID just reject the bills? I know I tested that on a S+ and that is what it did. But it can't hurt to try.
Tommy1
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »

I flipped DIP switch 10 the other way and it fixed the problem. It takes the bills and gives credits. Everything seem fine now.
Thanks everyone for the help. Being very new to this it's nice to find a place to get help.

Tommy1
poppo

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

I flipped DIP switch 10 the other way and it fixed the problem. It takes the bills and gives credits. Everything seem fine now.
Thanks everyone for the help. Being very new to this it's nice to find a place to get help.

Tommy1

Interesting. Glad it's working. Guess the PE handles the ID differently. In theory it really should not have accepted the bills at all.

What about the bezel? Still want to get that working?
Tommy1
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 03:18:28 PM »

That would be great but if not the machine works now. I can't see where it might plug in.
poppo

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »

That would be great but if not the machine works now. I can't see where it might plug in.

Might want to post that issue in the PE section where you will probably get a quicker answer. I think it is more of a wiring issue than a DBV one now.
Tommy1
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »

I'll give that a try.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.