Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  Are the JCM Waffle type cards worth the added cost?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are the JCM Waffle type cards worth the added cost?  (Read 4933 times)
twizz63
« on: March 19, 2011, 12:46:24 AM »

I bought 15 JCM cleaning cards, even though I could have gotten 30 for what I paid. Are these worth the extra cost?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 01:14:34 AM »

We don't even know where to get them.
Most of us just use warm, soapy water and let it dry off... rotflmao
twizz63
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:35:28 AM »

Well .....I guess that would be much cheaper....These were 33.00 for 15. I have a DBV-145......Should I upgrade to something else? It seems like it will only accept abot 20 % of all bills.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »

Yeah...I'd go with the DBV-200.
I think the DBV-145 will only take the older bills that were made in the 80's...

The vendors on the top of this webpage will know all about which
particular ID coded chips and versions you'd need for your particular machine.
Give 'em a call!  yes
twizz63
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 01:54:28 AM »

Ok, I will do that. Thank you.
KandS_Shane
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 11:15:39 PM »

The answer to your question about whether the JCM Waffle type cards are worth the added cost depends on a number of factors. What does it cost you if you have a rejected note due to dirty lenses/sensors? How many rejected notes are you seeing (or lost transactions)? Multiply that times the cost of the lost transaction and see if the cards fit your budget.

Another thing to consider is that these cards were developed in conjunction with JCM in order to properly clean the JCM bill validators. These cards are a quick, very effective way of cleaning your validators. It takes less than a minute to clean without opening the machine.

If you are not the one who typically services the machine (that is you call a repairman) then these will save you that expense a great deal of the time. Like having a repairman in your pocket.

We are a distributor that can provide you excellent pricing on these cards - send us an email with your contact info and we can call you to give you special pricing: info@kandsenter.com
AnotherTech
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07:02 AM »

I don't think that any of the "cleaning cards" are worth using on BVs.  I do use them on other things, though.

On the DBV (I would definitely get the DBV-200 if you haven't already), a moist cotton cloth for the optic lenses that contact the bill and compressed air for dust and junk between the lenses and the optics themselves is the best way to go.  A toothbrush for the wheels is good too.

The DBV-145 needs special equipment to calibrate and is not for most do-it-yourselfers.  The DBV-200 calibrates with only some dip switch settings and a special piece of paper called reference paper, or calibration paper.  It's like a long bill that's black on one end and white on the other.  I get them from Thomas Supply in Reno, but there are probably vendors here that can get them for you.  One piece of reference paper, if cared for properly, should last a home user many, many years.

Edited to add:  There are more than one type of reference paper.  The WBA and DBV-200 paper look very similar, but they are not the same.  The DBV-200 paper I have has "DBV-200 KS-046" printed on it. You don't want the one with "WBA KS-036" unless you have a WBA.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:13:05 AM by AnotherTech » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »

Excellent info on these cleaning cards AT! applause
Kudos + to ya!
We learn something new everyday!  propeller
twizz63
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 01:21:15 AM »

Thanks AT, I have swithed to DBV-200....But it still rejects a lot of bills.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 01:35:34 AM »

I had a similar problem with a DBV200 a couple years ago and it wasn't the DBV head that was the problem, it was the transport that was bad. Did you change both? Also, a bad cash can will cause rejection problems also. If the bill doesn't "flow" throught the validator at a certain speed it'll get rejected. Slipage in the transport or can can will slow it down and kick the bill out. Slick transport belts caused this a lot on ATM machines years back when I was working on those
twizz63
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:19 AM »

OK thanks cowboy, I will take a look at transport and can.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 02:51:03 AM »

I found the slick and stiff trasport belts to cause a lot of problems too. I got some Belt Ease and now they work great. The stuff really stinks, so it should be used in a well ventalated place. I spray some in the can lid (watch your eyes) and then use q-tips to apply it to the belts. You do NOT want to get this stuff on the optics, so I would not spray it directly on anything. It can be found at most auto stores for a few bucks.

* belt ease.jpg (6.01 KB, 220x220 - viewed 250 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »

That's easier than taking all the belts off and boiling them in your wife's best boiling pot on the kitchen stove... rotflmao
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.