Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 (FIXED)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 (FIXED)  (Read 7531 times)
pvj
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:35:40 AM »

I am new here so thank-you in advance.  I pray I am posting this in the right place.  I did spend a couple hours reading posts before asking the following questions about a double diamond IGTS+ machine.  Game Prom 731 Reel Prom 3632.  The DBV-200 does not light up.  It does not accept bills.  There are two red leds on the board glowing marked #1 and #2, #3 is not lit.  There are red lights glowing inside as well where the $ would go.  The output communication test passedwhile holding down the spin reel switch, the light on front of machine stating insert $1, $5 and so on lit yellow.  I am also quite sure I get all zero's in the denomination test, "6" in coins played display, "25" in winner paid display and "0000" or similar in credits display.  Is my only choice to order a set chip?  Previous owner sent the board out to have the battery replaced, is that what made it quit working maybe?  This is all new to me but very interesting!  I put a pic in my profile of the machine because I need to work on my resizing skills with photo's.  Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:55:36 PM by pvj » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:45:34 AM »

Hi pvj and welcome to NLG! wave

Yes, you are correct. You need a set chip to re-enable the dbv. It would have been turned off when the battery was disconnected. It's a simple procedure to turn it back on once you have the set chip and as an S+ owner, it's a good idea to have both set and clear chips handy. Consider them part of the standard accessories that go with owning the slot. propeller

You need a SET026 or a SET015 to enable the DBV with the SP731. I would order a clear chip while you're at it. You probably won't need it for a long time, but you'll be glad to have it when you do.

The one difference between the two SET chips I listed is that the SET026 will set a penny denomination for SP (game) chips that support it. Your SP731 does not, so it won't matter now, but if you end up buying more kits or upgrading your game chip in the future, it might. However, the SET015 seems to be more commonly offered by our vendors.

Why would you ever want to set the DBV to a penny?  Scratch Head 2 stir the pot / get cooking   Well, after you've owned the machines (you'll be buying more -- they multiply in the dark arrow -- trust me!) for several years and get tired of quarters and constantly putting bills in the machine, you'll want to be able to get 2000 credits with a $20. Tongue Out frying pan

You can post a request in the classified section, or call one of our vendors.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
pvj
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »

Thank you so much.  I'm still learning to navigate the site.  I had been on a few bulletin board sites before the internet was mainstream but that was years ago.  My ultimate goal would be too change this to a Sizzlin "7" quarter machine, but that is a long way out. 

So this previous owner sent the board to a place in Ohio to have a battery put in for $50.00 and they didn't reset or enable the dbv?  That sounds like an expensive hobby!  I think also I paid too much for the machine but not sure.  Thank you so much for your reply.  I will get to work trying to find the correct chips you mention.  This is the first time I've ever seen the inside of a slot machine but I have always enjoyed opening things up to see how they tic.  I have changed some chips on machinery at work, in manufacturing, so I think I can do it.  I know I can, I know I can.   This site is great!  Who knew?
Best Regards
StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »

...That sounds like an expensive hobby!  ...

LOLOL, welcome to the money pit! Plenty of parking in the rear.  Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

So this previous owner sent the board to a place in Ohio to have a battery put in for $50.00 and they didn't reset or enable the dbv?  ...

OUCH. That's why this site is here. You can buy the 3.6V lithium batteries for these machines from China for a few bucks or less, or worst case, pay up to $12 from a retailer. It's not really that hard to solder in a new battery. They usually have pre-soldered tabs on them to make the job easier. The S+ is a hardy machine and the battery will probably last another 10-15 years, so you probably won't need to touch it again.

By the way, they could not have enabled the DBV unless the previous owner sent the entire machine along with the board since it has to be installed in the machine at the time. However, they could have sold the owner a set chip and provided instructions on how to use it. On the other hand, the owner probably didn't bring up the subject, and the slot shop may have only been doing what they were conscripted to do.

Thank you so much.  I'm still learning to navigate the site.  I had been on a few bulletin board sites before the internet was mainstream but that was years ago.  My ultimate goal would be too change this to a Sizzlin "7" quarter machine, but that is a long way out. 

... I think also I paid too much for the machine but not sure.  Thank you so much for your reply.  I will get to work trying to find the correct chips you mention.  This is the first time I've ever seen the inside of a slot machine but I have always enjoyed opening things up to see how they tic.  I have changed some chips on machinery at work, in manufacturing, so I think I can do it.  I know I can, I know I can.   This site is great!  Who knew?
Best Regards

Our vendors here are the best; we're a demanding lot. knockout  You can pick up a clear and set chip for around $25-$35 give or take. Glass is getting harder to find these days, so the price of kits is going up. A standard Sizzling Sevens kit shouldn't be too hard to find. You can post a request for that in the classified section as well. Perhaps one of our members will have one they are willing to part with.

Kit changes are easy and only take about 10-20 minutes. I seem to be posting the same info repeatedly these last two days (Tongue Out), but I personally recommend an EX-2 28-40pin DIP chip extractor. Most of our members use the ubiquitous bent screwdriver to remove the chips.

The important things to remember when swapping chips for any reason are:
1. Make sure that the notch on the chip matches the notch printed on the board, or indicated by the socket, since the chip can be damaged if it is inserted backwards and power is applied.
2. Do your best not to bend the pins when removing the chips.
3. Make sure that the pins don't get bent or folded underneath the chip when installing.

You'll become an old hand at this stuff before you know it. propeller yes  Just have that wallet handy for all of the machines and kits that you'll be buying shortly. Don't say I didn't warn ya'. bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

You might want to Read the "Rick's FAQ" section if you haven't already.

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
pvj
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »

SF
Cheers!  The chips are on the way from Ben!  He even emailed me some cool docs to read.  Yes I have been reading the FAQ's.  Trouble is it's usually at 12:00 at night while half asleep!  I have to find out how to leave Ben Kudo's also.  I'll post after I get the chips in and changed, and see if the validator works.  I'm guessing the prob will be accepting the newer money, which I understand can only be changed by changing the chip in the head of the DBV, I think.  Anyway, that will be a problem for another day.  I might want to loosen up the odds a bit too, if this machine was any tighter, well, let's just say it's tight!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!  I will make a donation thru paypal, though it won't be enough for anyone to retire on  Sad
pvj
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »

I have chips in hand and am getting ready to "operate".  I did not realize they were so large.  I'm thinking the longer they are the more easily damaged or I am just psyching myself out!  I'm going to read a little more b4 starting.
pvj
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »

The instruction sheet with my machine states to use the self test button to step thru denominations while using the set chip, i read on here "Press spin reels and step through the denomination you want" so I'm getting confused.  I get the 9-1 code meaning bill validator is on and I get the bezel to glow on the communication test, but It does not glow during game play or accept bills, or attempt to.  I thnk I will try again.  The instructions that work on this site are correct for my machine.  It is happily eating $1.00 bills.  It will only take 1 at a time though, I need to do more research.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:54:37 PM by pvj » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 01:46:51 AM »

I'm not sure that I understand. Scratch Head

...but It does not glow during game play or accept bills, or attempt to.  I thnk I will try again.  ...
...It is happily eating $1.00 bills.  It will only take 1 at a time though, I need to do more research.

Is it accepting $1 bills during normal operation? Is it giving you credits?

pvj
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 08:22:08 PM »

Sorry, I tried to edit my post and then did not  double checki it.

After some trouble, (because my instructions were wrong) the bill validator is working.  When you put a dollar in, it either drops a $1.00 token out the bottom or gives you 1 credit, depending on if you have the cash/credit button lit.  Since this is set as a One dollar machine, up to 3 coins, that seems normal, except that you can not put three one dollar bills in to bet the maximum amount.  I am going to try to change it to a different denomination to see if it will then give more credits, IE nickels should yield 20 credits on 1 dollar.  I am happy that it is working finally !  Now just to tweak it a bit.  I think I saw somewhere that the machine is a 1993 so I'm sure it will not take any newer money.  I have no idea when money changed.  I did read that some are flash based or some have dip switches so I need to find out what type mine is and if it had dip's then correct positioning.  Also, I think my dbv is broken as far as mounting because I read someone else's was held in by thumb screws and mine just sits in there, which explains the grinding I hear once in a while, (I know, I need to fix that NOW)

I did make a small donation to the site.  Unfortunately, I'm only working part time right now so I hope to do better.

paul

* dbv 001.jpg (251.24 KB, 2539x1364 - viewed 329 times.)
pvj
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »

I should also add that if there are any credits on the machine, it will not accept bills until you either play them down or cash them out.  Basically the whole system just acts more of a change machine.  It does say on the front, "QUICKCHANGE, simply insert your 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, or 100 dollar bill face up.  Thanks for the help so far, I'm getting ready to change to nickels.
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »

The machine may have been manufactured in 1993, but the DBV head is newer. It's the DBV software that determines what bills are accepted. Check the DBV limit in the setup menu. You might want to check the hopper/jackpot limit as well.

pvj
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »

Is the 01-21-05 a date stamp?   Scratch Head   

Can you show me a link to get to that setup menu.  I have trouble in the self test menu's as I can't find a flowchart to step me thru.  It seems like it is somewhere in the #7's.  I show 7 in the coins played and 1000 in the winner paid, and you can change the final 0 up to 9, but I don't think I'm in the right place.

Is it possible to tell from my dbv pic to tell what bills it should take.  I know this info is somewhere on this site!  My goal is to get it to take the most recent bills and then to convert it to quarters.  Meanwhile I'll keep reading the posts.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:58:30 AM by pvj » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »

Is the 01-21-05 a date stamp?   Scratch Head   

Can you show me a link to get to that setup menu.  I have trouble in the self test menu's as I can't find a flowchart to step me thru.  It seems like it is somewhere in the #7's.  I show 7 in the coins played and 1000 in the winner paid, and you can change the final 0 up to 9, but I don't think I'm in the right place.

Is it possible to tell from my dbv pic to tell what bills it should take.  I know this info is somewhere on this site!  My goal is to get it to take the most recent bills and then to convert it to quarters.  Meanwhile I'll keep reading the posts.  Thank you.

Yes that should be the date of the last upgrade.

The set up (self test mode) is in your PSR.

Attached is the a list of old software for the DBV 200. It will except the new $10 but not the new $20, $50 or $100. Not sure if there is a newer up date, maybe for the new $20.

Also attached is my Options list I made up a few years ago for new comers. Hope it helps to understand the many settings the S+ has by the SP numbers.

Ron (r273)

* DBV-200 Software ID023 4 Pages.pdf (61.55 KB - downloaded 297 times.)
* IGT S+ PSRs & TEST OPTION SHEETS SIMPLIFIED V3 11 Pages.zip (65.21 KB - downloaded 224 times.)
pvj
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »

Thanks Ron !
As it turns out, the dbv quit lighting up at all.  I had to do the set chip thing twice.  (The first time I most likely left out a step.)  Sometimews I am impatient and need to wait up to 15 seconds to clear the 61-1.  The validator is lit now.  I tried to change the denomination to nickels also the first time and the second time set it back to 1.00  I'm going to start now trying to check the various limits.  The good news is I am getting fast at pulling the game eprom.  I have approx 499 one dollar tokens so not sure what the recommended limits should be.  I do want it to accept more bills.  I don't mind if all the bills go directly to credits.

ADDED:  I just put a 5 and three ones in it and it gave me 8 credits, so it seems to be working properly, it rejected my red $10.    Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:55:56 PM by pvj » Logged
pvj
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »

Hail Kudo's to Statfreak and Ron !   Clap  You were dead on about the credit limit being too low.  All is working as it should and I am all enthused again! propeller

The only bill it rejected thus far was a new 10 and I have no 20's to try.  (Now I want a bell and one of those cool lighted stickers for the front panel).  I am ready to start bugging people about the cc16 stuff now, but I'll try harder to study it up myself first.  I can't thank you guys enough!   applause

Gratefully,

pvj
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:37:21 PM by pvj » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.